BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
briang2006
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Default Email Syncing question

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, I finally got my work emails to come to my Blackberry in real time! ( simply set my work email to forward a copy to my @vzw.blackberry.net email address ) woooohoooooo!!!! But now the problem is how to sync it with my Outlook Express. What I mean is, if I read the message from an actual PC, I want the blackberry to show it as "read". If I read it on the blackberry, I dont want to have to come home to all the same messages I already read/responded to throughout the day. When I choose "delete from handheld and mailbox" it doesn't delete the message from my outlook inbox. Isn't it supposed to?

Can someone help me out?
Old 10-27-2006, 07:20 AM   #2
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang2006
Ok, I finally got my work emails to come to my Blackberry in real time! ( simply set my work email to forward a copy to my @vzw.blackberry.net email address ) woooohoooooo!!!! But now the problem is how to sync it with my Outlook Express. What I mean is, if I read the message from an actual PC, I want the blackberry to show it as "read". If I read it on the blackberry, I dont want to have to come home to all the same messages I already read/responded to throughout the day. When I choose "delete from handheld and mailbox" it doesn't delete the message from my outlook inbox. Isn't it supposed to?

Can someone help me out?
The reason is simple. Only when your email address is configured in the BIS will you have the ability to reconcile the remote email account. Forwarding to your BB does not do this.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:30 PM   #3
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

You won't get full reconciliation (Blackberries do not sync email) in all situations with BIS. If you want full reconciation you really should go with BES.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:56 PM   #4
Unluky
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: Safety

Forgive me if I am not reading the question correctly, but Cingulars service allows me to do this without a BES. It will send a copy of all my email to my blackberry unless my outlook is up and grabs them first.

If my outlook is off, everything comes to my BB and then I can read and cancel it from my BB and it never appears on my outlook once I open it up. It will not tell me which ones I read already unless I sync it, but I don't care about that and rarley do this unless I have been out of the office for awhile.

If my outlook is up it goes straight to outlook and does not clog up my BB with messages I am getting in the office.

Again, I am sorry if this is not the problem you are trying to solve.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unluky
Forgive me if I am not reading the question correctly, but Cingulars service allows me to do this without a BES. It will send a copy of all my email to my blackberry unless my outlook is up and grabs them first.

If my outlook is off, everything comes to my BB and then I can read and cancel it from my BB and it never appears on my outlook once I open it up. It will not tell me which ones I read already unless I sync it, but I don't care about that and rarley do this unless I have been out of the office for awhile.

If my outlook is up it goes straight to outlook and does not clog up my BB with messages I am getting in the office.

Again, I am sorry if this is not the problem you are trying to solve.
What you describe is BIS polled operation. If you delete a message on your blackberry, does it not delete on your mail server so Outlook does not see it?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:18 PM   #6
briang2006
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703

Unluky, yes I have mine configured the exact same way for now. But then it is on the polling system, and not instant. See what I mean? You are right though, if Outlook is open, it will go to outlook and not my BB, and if outlook is closed, it will come to my BB. Thats exactly what I want, but in real time.

Make sense? Any way to achieve on BIS and not BES? Filters? Rules? Anything?
Closed Thread