Old 11-09-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
booster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Swisscom EDGE
Default Monitoring BES 4.1 for Exchange with SNMP / Looking for a MIB

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

thanks in advance for all the help you'll (hopefully) provide me.

I have a BES 4.1 for Exchange, running perfectly (thanks for asking ). I have Tivoli for the monitoring of all my servers, and I would also like to monitor the BES.

On the IBM web site, I found a MIB that allows me to catch a few SNMP traps. BUT this MIB was designed for Domino, not Exchange !!!! So a lot of traps just don't work.
My question is : does anyone know where I could get a MIB for BES 4.1 for Exchange ? That would give me a lot of possibilities for the monitoring of my BES !!!!

Or is there another way for me to have information (without use of third party software such as NEEDText Monitor, which is great but that I can't buy) about the use of my BES, such as real-time performance counters (not the Windows integrated ones !) ??

Thanks a lot

Cheers,
Old 11-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
ErikD
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon

I just setup my BES SNMP monitoring. BES was sending the traps by default, but my SNMP monitor didn't have the correct MIBs compiled in to know what they were.

I found all the MIBs I needed right on BES as a part of the intall. I forget the exact location, but it was a subfolder of the install location. Anyway the file is called BlackberryServer.mib, just do a serach for it. You can compile that into your SNMP monitor and should be fine. There is also an explanation of all SNMP MIBs in the maintain.pdf on the BES.
Closed Thread