BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #1
locutus

Model: 7130c
Default 7130c Synchronization Help with MS Outlook

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have a 7130c and am having a lot of trouble trying to synchronize it with MS Outlook. The email is working fine (I think).

The Contacts / Calendar / Tasks is what I am really having trouble with.

Please help / advise on next steps. Will be very grateful.

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:17 PM   #2
careyana
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
Carrier: CingATT

If you're on BES, have the admins resend your service books. If you're on BIS, resend the service books from there.

You're Desktop [SYNC] service book doesn't sound like it's working.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:27 PM   #3
locutus

Thanks for giving this a look.

Not using BES; using BIS and I have sent the service books which has enabled the mail.

When I use Intellisync to configure link Contacts to Address Book, and Tasks to Task, that's where Intellisync is having finding the MS outlook folder.

I guess I am confused. Do I have to use Intellisync to keep my Contacts / Calendar / Tasks updated?

Appreciate it.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:04 PM   #4
BBtechrep
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
Carrier: Sprint
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
Thanks for giving this a look.

Not using BES; using BIS and I have sent the service books which has enabled the mail.

When I use Intellisync to configure link Contacts to Address Book, and Tasks to Task, that's where Intellisync is having finding the MS outlook folder.

I guess I am confused. Do I have to use Intellisync to keep my Contacts / Calendar / Tasks updated?

Appreciate it.
1)... make sure it says "Connected - Blackberry Desktop Manager" up top and that you pin # shows on the bottom left part of the the desktop manager program... many times people just plug in thinking it's connected and then they notice that certain buttons are grayed out because it's not fully connected....

2) .. do you have your MS Outlook opened? ... also when you choose MS Outlook as the translator program, click BROWSE at the bottom and select the proper folder associated with each of the items you want to sync....

3)... you may have a problem with the MAPI profile and may need to correct/update that information.. if you are not sure about how to set this, do a search for "MAPI PROFILE" on the web or in MS Outlook's help section for more info

4)... it is possible that you MAY have to clean uninstall the desktop manager program and redownload/reinstall it... sometimes the desktop manager that comes on CD is bad and it's better getting it from the website.. go to blackberry.com website... select support... select downloads/service packs... and then select the proper version for your device... several times they have made bug fixes on the desktop manager program made available so there may be an update available for you to get if this is the case..

Hope this helps.

BB Tech Rep
Old 12-28-2006, 01:11 PM   #5
cthiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyana
If you're on BES, have the admins resend your service books. If you're on BIS, resend the service books from there.

You're Desktop [SYNC] service book doesn't sound like it's working.
If I just delete the Desktop [SYNC] service book, will the BES automatically resend it?

Charlie
Closed Thread