SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter
Hi Everyone sorry for the loooonnnggg wait anywayz just wanted to let you all know that I got the bill down to $126.00 after much sitting waiting and listening to that hold music it payed off I will explain later how I went about getting the bill down with some help.
Was wondering what happened to you. Although zero would have been preferred, down to $126 is good.

Make sure to update us so other members can benefit and learn on what to do when they are faced with this issue.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:43 AM   #42
smerff
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900

Hey, I'm new to the boards. I actually work for T-mobile. Wish I coulda came in sooner to help out. Yeah, first bill rerate is normally the process on that one. If I can be of any assistance to anyone feel free to pm me or anything of the sort. Glad to hear ya got that knocked down btw
Old 12-30-2006, 12:14 PM   #43
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by smerff
Hey, I'm new to the boards. I actually work for T-mobile. Wish I coulda came in sooner to help out. Yeah, first bill rerate is normally the process on that one. If I can be of any assistance to anyone feel free to pm me or anything of the sort. Glad to hear ya got that knocked down btw
Hey... quit talking in tongues. What's "first bill rerate?" Is that a recognized term and procedure at T-Mo?

I suspect it means something T-Mo does, but that we don't know that they do. If it's a customer's first bill, reps are allowed to adjust or "rerate" the bill.

That would have been nice to know at the beginning of this member's troubles.

How does it all work? Is there a recognized formula? At what levels do supervisors have to get involved?

Give us the inside info, now.

Side Note [between you and I only] You can send me a personal message answering these questions so I can sell the info to other members.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #44
smerff

Model: 8900

Lmfao, basically it means that if you call and and go "WTF I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE <insert feature here>" then we will go in and adjust it, but be forewarned, a lot of reps arent aware of that policy, so you may have to guide them, and say something like "my friend at tmobile said that there is a first bill rerate policy, or something to that effect?" and be nice, you get upset and a lot of reps will just shut down. Btw, escalating at tmobile doesnt do you any good 90% of the time. The supervisors tend to almost always support the reps unless they notice a serious descrepancy.

and for future referance, how much shall we start charging for said info ;p

P.S. T-mobile will go back and "rerate" up to 60 days, so depending on when the bill closed out, there may yet be time
Old 12-30-2006, 04:46 PM   #45
archer6

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Hey, I'm new to the boards. I actually work for T-mobile.
Greetings and Welcome to the Forum!

Cheers..........
Old 12-31-2006, 02:02 AM   #46
Berry O Black

Model: 8100

Bottom Line, Research, Read then Sign. The booklets in the store tell you exactly what you get with a data plan, and text messaging with that companty is only 10 cents per message, and 25 cents per picture sent. Even if your bill was suppose to be $100 dollars did you really have 7000 text messages? Wish I had that much time to burn.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:24 PM   #47
SanFrancisco

Can you please edit this post so that WE can make some money on this valuable information.

Thanks,

Your NEW partner in crime

Quote:
Lmfao, basically it means that if you call and and go "WTF I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE <insert feature here>" then we will go in and adjust it, but be forewarned, a lot of reps arent aware of that policy, so you may have to guide them, and say something like "my friend at tmobile said that there is a first bill rerate policy, or something to that effect?" and be nice, you get upset and a lot of reps will just shut down. Btw, escalating at tmobile doesnt do you any good 90% of the time. The supervisors tend to almost always support the reps unless they notice a serious descrepancy.

and for future referance, how much shall we start charging for said info ;p

P.S. T-mobile will go back and "rerate" up to 60 days, so depending on when the bill closed out, there may yet be time

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 01-02-2007 at 02:52 PM..
Old 01-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #48
Transporter

Model: 8100t
Carrier: tmobile

I got that Rerate thingy for me. I was with a sales rep for like a hour and a half it went up past the supervisor to the head manager to get a aproval. the Sales Rep told me that they dont like to let everyone know about this but yeah what helped was that when I got the bill I went straight to the store to find out what happened and that is what the Sales Rep told to the manager when he called customer service. About the Rerate he explained to me that its like a miss understanding between the Sales Rep and the customer and if worse case senario comes they use that "Rerate."

Last edited by Transporter; 01-02-2007 at 02:07 PM..
Old 01-02-2007, 02:53 PM   #49
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter
I got that Rerate thingy for me. I was with a sales rep for like a hour and a half it went up past the supervisor to the head manager to get a aproval. the Sales Rep told me that they dont like to let everyone know about this but yeah what helped was that when I got the bill I went straight to the store to find out what happened and that is what the Sales Rep told to the manager when he called customer service. About the Rerate he explained to me that its like a miss understanding between the Sales Rep and the customer and if worse case senario comes they use that "Rerate."
Wow that's quite an "inquisition." But to save hundreds of $, worth the time.

How did they arrive at the $126 figure?
Closed Thread