BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Were you able to use the application successfully?
Yes 305 86.65%
No 47 13.35%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 01:34 PM   #81
fsantiago36
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: 249E3B0A
Carrier: Tmobile
Default working niceley

Please Login to Remove!

after a couple of hours talking to KYUBUBBA in I.M. I finally got this IM to work. the key is to make sure you have a more current OS build on your blackberry. This is the best free app on the blackberry because most want a one time fee or yearly subscription. Some people look at googletalk and say what the heck and the transports are always on and off. this is great keep up the good work.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #82
kyububba
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

DallasFlier,

Yes, the nickname item has been on our enhancement queue for a while, but we just haven't gotten around to it. It will be out in one of the upcoming releases.

One of the issues causing the delay is that the AIM and ICQ libraries we're using are somewhat feature poor. We are working on ways to fix that. The nickname feature got put on the queue behind this AIM/ICQ library enhancement, as we want to be able to support Nicknames on all services.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #83
kyububba

Default New Build Available - 0.5.17

We just put out build # 0.5.17.

You can upgrade OTA or download the latest desktop install zip. The links are the same.

FYI, a few people have reported having 2 icons show up on their BB if they first installed on the desktop and then downloaded OTA, and vice versa. This is a bug in the way our app is built.

To work around this problem, please upgrade by the method you originally used for your current install.

Other than a few small bug fixes, the following feature enhancements are included in this build:
  • New preference to display your service handle (username or screen name depending on the service) in the chat window instead of just "Me". You can set this in the preferences screen.
  • New setting in preferences for "Advanced connection settings", this is a freeform text field you can use to configure how the app connects to the server. For most people you can just leave this blank or "DEFAULT" as it's initially shown.
  • For those of you on BES who have had trouble connecting, you can try to put "deviceside=true" in this field and see if you have better luck. This forces the application to bypass the default BES MDS proxy.
  • If your carrier does not support TCP but offers a WAP gateway, you can try to configure it here as well, email me @ [email address] for more details about these configurations.
  • Ability to see the latest available version on the server when you go to About JiveTalk.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #84
Jasper101
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have to say that from the time i have been using this program i have not yet experienced a single glitch. I do use it solely for AIM though. I particularly like this program because it is very clean and well thought out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon
It has been working great for me so far. I do have some suggestions though...
- Do not show buddies that are not signed on
- Show status of buddies (away, idle, etc)
- Ability to read away messages without messaging the buddy

To me those are the only important features that I would like to see added. Aside from that the program is working great. Thanks for the great program.
All of the suggestion that Demon proposed i completely agree with. The only other thing that could make this program better would be (Im not sure if this is possible though) to show the categories in your buddies list. For instance, i have a group set up for school friends and then i have another group set up with other friends. With this program all of the online screen names are just in one long list and not in the segmented parts like on the real aim.

This is not that big of a deal but i think it would be a nice upgrade. Over all this is an excellent program and i would recommend it to any one.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #85
Jaime

Model: 8310
Carrier: Claro Chile

I had an open tunnel error. I don't have unlimited apn access, only BIS internet access. It can be fixed?

Best,
Jaime

Last edited by Jaime; 01-22-2007 at 03:26 AM..
Old 01-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #86
phillyslickster

Model: 8320
PIN: 242a22a7

Will there be support for emoticons coming soon? How about audible alerts?
Old 01-21-2007, 09:42 PM   #87
kyububba

Both are planned, audible alerts will likely come before emoticons.

We're also planning chat room support, which is also ahead of emoticons on the feature list.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:53 PM   #88
ic0n0clast

Model: Pearl
Carrier: tmobile

Thanks. This program is beautiful! I love it. However, one suggestion...

You can't tell if any of your buddies are on their phone or not. In GAIM, for example, you can see a little mobile icon that indicates they're on an sms connection. I'm sure it's possible to indicate this on a blackberry app; however, no one has done it yet, to my knowledge.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:09 AM   #89
nexteli836man
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000

seems to work great ! good work and thanks
Old 01-22-2007, 01:16 AM   #90
da0ne83

after 2 days of using it love it keep up the good work bud

New York, NY
aim: Da0ne83
Pin: 23E77283
Old 01-22-2007, 02:08 AM   #91
kwolf3481

PM sent!
Old 01-22-2007, 03:08 AM   #92
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

Pm Sent!
Old 01-22-2007, 03:58 AM   #93
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Kai - Help! I've run into an issue that's causing me serious consternation here. I first set up MSN and Yahoo on your app. This afternoon I added my AIM username, and logged in briefly (with the same name that I was already logged in with on my computer.) Doing that with the other two services simply logged me out on the computer when the BB logged in. With AIM though, it is allowing both of them to be logged in, and started sending messages to the screen name on my PC every 5 minutes exactly saying "PING" and nothing else. I immediately logged off on the BlackBerry, as this quickly became pretty annoying. I left for the afternoon and evening, haven't logged back into AIM from my BB, but when I just got home - 8 hours later - I'm still getting these "PING" messages every 5 minutes. Is this coming from a server of yours, or what? After logging out 8 hours ago, I'm pretty shocked (and getting more and more frustrated) that these messages are still going on! HELP!

And for everyone else - do NOT log in on AIM using the same name you're using on a computer!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:09 AM   #94
kyububba

Default AIM Problem

Yes, definitely sounds like serious bug in our server. We just went in and killed your hanging session, so you shouldn't be getting those PINGs any more.

Yes, it's a limitation of the AIM library we're using, it pings itself to detect whether the AIM connection is still open. We're working on fixing this at the library level once and for all, so in the future you won't be getting any of these annoying PINGS in case of error.

Also, this problem is exacerbated as we don't currently implement auto-disconnect your previously logged in AIM client (desktop) at the moment like the native AIM client.

Like you said, please make sure you log out of AIM before logging into JiveTalk...

Hopefully we'll have a fix for this in the next couple of weeks, as it's a pretty high severity bug.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:11 AM   #95
DallasFlier

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Thanks much for the quick response! I realize this is beta, and bugs will occur - appreciate your responsiveness!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:13 AM   #96
kyububba

Just to follow up, I assume you stayed connected on the BB for msn and yahoo when this was happening...

If this ever happens again for anyone, an easier workaround to kill these annoying pings is to log out of all your accounts, exit the program (you can also force this by select "Force Shutdown"), and re log in to your accounts (e.g. MSN & Yahoo)
Old 01-22-2007, 04:38 AM   #97
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour

kyububba were you able to get my PM?
Old 01-22-2007, 05:29 AM   #98
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

Kyububba:

I just wonder if you know which release would contain the block feature?

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:28 AM   #99
onth

Model: 9700
PIN: G PONG

This program is amazing, the best so far compare to Gtalk with Jabber. Although it doesnt have the features that Gtalk supports but I know it will definitely be better since it is only a beta version.

However, here is a couple things that need to be fix asap.

I login to ICQ, all my contacts change to their login numbers instead of their nickname. I cant tell who is who by only seeing their number.

Second, this doesnt support multi-language character, I have friends who have set their nickname to chinese character but i am unable to view them, it only shows up as black blocks.

It would also be nice if it can support animation icon too. =)

Third, this is not in priority but it would be nice if you can add this feature that shows the contact is typing a message when you are chatting with them.

I just install it couple min ago, will see how it goes. But I am loving it already!

Thanks Kai!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:30 AM   #100
flash24

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F

sent!

Proud to Serve USAF
Closed Thread