BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #41
bryanty
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130e

Please Login to Remove!

Well this is all very amusing! I thought I'd be the only one worrying about looking "cool" since I'm probably one of the youngest ones on this board (19). Honestly, for me its opposite of everybody. I feel like an idiot with it on my belt because I'm so young and it just seems wierd to me because I'm a 19 year old with a BB (whether or not people think this way or not). Lol I've already got my friends makin the BB jokes so I definately don't need it showing around. However, despite all this, I will admit that it is 10 times easier for me having it on my belt then in my pocket.
The only thing I've had a problem with the stock case, is that it doesn't rotate so my BB took its first spill as the case clip just literally slid off my belt. Anyways, Ill probably get a case/clip thingy that rotates, and just take the jokes! I don't know how anybody could use it without case or clip. If it was me it would be messed up in a second, and its not like i do anything crazy. With my old cell phone, I really didn't care, but I wouldn't risk it with a 300 dollar investment.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #42
hornet303

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

NYC2Socal,

Yup, now you see what Im talking about. I didnt intend for this thread to get into a big debate, I just was wondering if my new phone was going to fit in my pocket well. I prefer it in my pocket and now that I have it, I almost feel silly for being concerned about it. If it was so big that I couldnt put it in my pocket (or it was just plain uncomfortable) I would re-consider the phone. not because I HAVE to have it in my pocket, but because a phone that dosnt fit in my pocket would probably be too cumbersome as a whole.

Aside from all the bullshit, I really like it. battery life isnt great (I keep it holstered when Im at home and I can just leave it on the desk).
Old 03-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #43
nyc2socal
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Make sure you get the latest firmware update.. From my experiences, and I don't know why, but I get 2.5-3 days per charge now.. Before the firmware, I was getting 1.5 days.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:11 PM   #44
katin2

Model: 8830

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have two cases for the 7130e one with the verizon flap that is just to big and another that is like a mesh material and the phone slides right in, covers 90 % of the screen and there is no flap. I also took off the belt clip on the mesh case it was annoying me. Now my phone doesnt scratch and i dont need a bulk belt clip with it
Old 04-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #45
gadgtman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by katin2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have two cases for the 7130e one with the verizon flap that is just to big and another that is like a mesh material and the phone slides right in, covers 90 % of the screen and there is no flap. I also took off the belt clip on the mesh case it was annoying me. Now my phone doesnt scratch and i dont need a bulk belt clip with it
The gizmoskin case is very discreet
Old 02-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #46
smartphoney

Model: None
Carrier: None
Default Is the 7130e more Front Pocket Friendly than the 8703e?

Resurrecting an old thread here because I'm trying to decide between the 7130e and 8703e and one of my considerations is which will fit better in the front pocket of both jeans and dress pants. I will always be carrying the device in my pocket as opposed to on my belt. The answer is not obvious to me since although the 7130 is quite a bit narrower it is nevertheless longer and a bit thicker. Anyone have any experience or thoughts regarding this comparison? And if the consensus is that they are relatively comparable in terms of "pocket friendliness," are there any other significant considerations when choosing between the two devices (other than the obvious keyboard differences, on which I can go either way)?
Old 02-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #47
nostalgiaguru
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdone
I pulled the clip out of the holster that's included with the phone. As long as you're not wearing "Spinal Tap" pants it should fit in your front pocket without too much trouble. This method also allows the sleeper function to work, lengthening battery life.
How does the clip come out? Seems impossible.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:50 PM   #48
pdone
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaguru
How does the clip come out? Seems impossible.
So did the four minute mile...

The clip in the stock holster is just glued in. If you pull on it, eventually it will slide out. I then super/krazy glued the flap from whence the clip came to keep it from fraying and to encapsulate any residual adhesive. Over a year later and I've had no inclination to try any other solution.

A couple words of caution, once you pull out the clip (which I did by accident by the way) it's kinda hard to put back. So be sure that's what you want to do. Also don't glue your fingers together...
Closed Thread