BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
tammoo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250
Default Blackberry 7250 on Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I currently have a voice plan with verizon and will be replacing one of my phones with the Blacberry. Do I need to subscribe to the "blackberry solutions" plan with verizon if I use the mobile web by vzw with msn and get txt messaging?
5 MB for NationalAccess $39.99
Unlimited NationalAccess $49.99
Old 04-15-2005, 07:46 PM   #2
geekman686
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e

Only if you want to send and receive emails from your blackberry and also surf the web.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:36 PM   #3
tammoo

so do you know what the mobile web by vzw is for?
Old 04-15-2005, 08:37 PM   #4
tammoo

and thanks for replying
Old 04-16-2005, 07:34 PM   #5
geekman686
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e

I have the bb unlimited plan as well as a voice plan from Verizon wireless.

NO MOBILE WEB!

from the bb I can send/receive emails from the bb web client and surf the internet with the bb browser without the need of the blackberry enterprise server software...

when I first got my bb, verizon FORGOT to add the bb unlimited plan to my account. The one day without the bb plan, I burned through over 600 minutes of voice allowance minutes from my plan just sending and receiveing emails.

Bottomline, You don't need the Mobile Web feature with the blackberry and you really need a blackberry data plan.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:36 PM   #6
tammoo

so all I need is the data plan? when Verizon mentions the Enterpise server or Web client is that within the data plan or is this extra? What is the mobile web by vzw used for on the blackberry, it can be added for 4.99 per month - why would I need this? Can text messaging be done with the data plan or does that also needed to be added. I feel as though I either get a run around with Verizon or they just don't really know what is needed for the blackberry. thanks for the replies they have been of great help.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:56 AM   #7
BGCapt10

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

I had some of the problems with Verizon's less than knowledgable staff when I first got my Blackberry about a month ago. Here's what you'll need.

1. Voice plan. You'll use this for any calls made with the phone.

2. Data plan. I would recommend paying the extra to get the unlimited data plan at first. If after a few months you're using less than the 5MB, you can switch and save money (you can check using your account at verizonwireless.com). They don't call them "crackberries" for no reason, its easy to exceed your data allowance.

3. You can send text messages without a text messaging plan using email; however, there's a big IF in there. All you're outgoing text messages will have to be sent to "yourfriendsnumber@yourfriendscarrierdoman" and all you're incoming text messages will have to be sent to "youraddress@vzw.blackberry.net". So, in my opinion pay for a text messaging plan because you're friends are most likely not going to send it to your email address, then again it's easy to spend other peoples money.

You won't need to pay extra for the web client. That's included in the data plan. I haven't come across a situation yet where I need mobile web (that's their wap access) since you have the true TCP/IP stack.

Here's my plan.

59.99 - 900 minute voice plan
44.99 - Unlimited Blackberry Data plan (its actually 44.99 with a voice plan)
4.99 - Unlimited IN-TXT + 50 texts (just started this morning)

-David
Old 04-18-2005, 08:39 AM   #8
tammoo

Thanks for the info. That is great about the Unlimited IN-TXT, 13 of my 14 co-workers have Verizon and that would save all of use some dollars.
I'm going to be the guinea pig in my company with the Blackberry, I hope it is as great as I'm expecting.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:52 AM   #9
BGCapt10

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

It's actually TXT/FLIX/PIX, but be careful, its only good on the National Enhanced Service network (aka 1X network I believe), so if you stray from that network often you might consider a more traditional text plan.

-David

P.S. Mods, you might wanna move this elsewhere like the network forum. Sorry about the extra traffic.

Last edited by BGCapt10; 04-18-2005 at 08:55 AM..
Closed Thread