rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollars5
When contacted RIM regard to this - we were replied RIM does not want to open up trapping side volume control keys for third party developers as of now.
I hope your team replied "then you write a better @#%& MP3 player than that garbage you shipped" when they told you.

oh ho ho I amuse myself...
Old 02-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #82
Rebel XT
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

The mp3 player is indeed not very intuitive. Like someone else posted, you cannot switch between the controls at the top of the screeen and the bottom of the screen once you move the cursor to the top row. The only way to remedy this is to fully exit the program and restart. A very annoying/unfortunate bug.

Adding songs to a list and creating a new playlist took a lot of playing around and button pressing, and I still couldn't smoothly create a list. The pocket-windows media player on PDA (HP) has a very simple but effective playlist creating process. Options to Create/Edit/Delete playlist, and once you click on the playlist you have the option to add/remove/move files. Click on ADD and it leads you to folders, click on folders and it shows the list of files where you can click the boxes beside each file then press ok to add the files.

Another nice option would be to be able to sort the list by Alpha, size, type.

Thanks and great work!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #83
dollars5
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Airtel
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop
I hope your team replied "then you write a better @#%& MP3 player than that garbage you shipped" when they told you.

oh ho ho I amuse myself...
lol

But the player that comes with Blackberry is not that bad, many devices does not even have a player, we are at least fortunate in that case. Consider Palm is totally relying on PocketTunes (now the corePlayer is gaining momentum) and there is no media player provided/developed by the manufacturer itself.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:39 AM   #84
dollars5

Smile

For scrolling from top to bottom of the screen, while the focus is on the playlist - slide your trackball to left or right to skip the playlist scrolling - this is not documented but is implemented. By moving left focus goes back t volume buttons, when moved right - focus goes to the gauge and moving down will take you to play control buttons (play, pause, stop etc.)

We will check to improve the playlist creation experience in future versions. any suggestions regard to this are always welcome and we are open and willing to implement for you. Since it is a mobile device with restricted screen and resources, we have tried our best to provide better user experience always.

Regards,
Dollars5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel XT
The mp3 player is indeed not very intuitive. Like someone else posted, you cannot switch between the controls at the top of the screeen and the bottom of the screen once you move the cursor to the top row. The only way to remedy this is to fully exit the program and restart. A very annoying/unfortunate bug.

Adding songs to a list and creating a new playlist took a lot of playing around and button pressing, and I still couldn't smoothly create a list. The pocket-windows media player on PDA (HP) has a very simple but effective playlist creating process. Options to Create/Edit/Delete playlist, and once you click on the playlist you have the option to add/remove/move files. Click on ADD and it leads you to folders, click on folders and it shows the list of files where you can click the boxes beside each file then press ok to add the files.

Another nice option would be to be able to sort the list by Alpha, size, type.

Thanks and great work!
Old 02-10-2007, 08:25 AM   #85
Ketchums

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollars5
Our vNotes module does it, and it is non-optimized and an highly optimized voice recorder for Blackberry pearl is almost up to release (when you purchase a professional license for multiPlay - you can get that voice recorder with it) - but you will have to wait for atleast 3-4 days before we announce final version releases. [Some features: in our stress test - it recorded for more than 1 hour continously, very fast processing for generating G711 audio files, plans to add high quality GSM 6.10 which is better than AMR]
Hey...just to be clear, what you're speaking of is a recorder in the program that will record phone conversations as they're going on? As in, I'm talking on the pearl, and the recorder will record what's going on? cuz if so, I DEFINITELY need that license...

Also, with the music player, is there any way to play an entire folder at once instead of song-by-song, without having to make a playlist? Like how the Blackberry player before had a "play all in folder" option?

Otherwise, great program, keep up the good work
Old 02-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #86
dollars5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchums
Hey...just to be clear, what you're speaking of is a recorder in the program that will record phone conversations as they're going on? As in, I'm talking on the pearl, and the recorder will record what's going on? cuz if so, I DEFINITELY need that license...

Also, with the music player, is there any way to play an entire folder at once instead of song-by-song, without having to make a playlist? Like how the Blackberry player before had a "play all in folder" option?

Otherwise, great program, keep up the good work
We originally had worked with a call recording program - but it was causing interference and distortion of call quality so we dropped it, but sooner we might have that as a separate application.

The Voice recorder that is bundled with multiPlay is the one that allows users to take voice notes (similar to voice memos) - and allows various formats/codecs for recording (AMR, WAVE[PC, ulaw and alaw], AU).

Adding/playing all songs in a folder without creating playlist is available for professional edition users. For personal edition users and beta users we will try to accommodate it sooner.

Thanks for your interest with multiPlay.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #87
yunlin12

Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for the beta. I've been playing with the mediaPlayer, have some feedback:

1) volume control is too complicated as others indicated
2) Mute button on top of the Pearl only works when mediaPlayer is in the foreground
3) I had to tweak a few times for the shuffle setting to stick
4) no quick way to scroll through the playlist section (middle part of the player screen showing list of songs in the playlist). If your screen is showing songs begin with letter W, and you are looking for a song starting with letter F, and you've got a 2GB card filled with songs, and on a playlist that contains all songs, you got a long way to go. Anyway to make that easier, like if user hit a letter while going through the list, it jumps to that letter?

Last edited by yunlin12; 02-10-2007 at 03:47 PM..
Old 02-11-2007, 01:07 AM   #88
dollars5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunlin12
Thanks for the beta. I've been playing with the mediaPlayer, have some feedback:

1) volume control is too complicated as others indicated
2) Mute button on top of the Pearl only works when mediaPlayer is in the foreground
3) I had to tweak a few times for the shuffle setting to stick
4) no quick way to scroll through the playlist section (middle part of the player screen showing list of songs in the playlist). If your screen is showing songs begin with letter W, and you are looking for a song starting with letter F, and you've got a 2GB card filled with songs, and on a playlist that contains all songs, you got a long way to go. Anyway to make that easier, like if user hit a letter while going through the list, it jumps to that letter?
Thanks for your feedback. The professional edition has many these made easier.

We will try to implement the quick playlist navigation for the future versions. Thanks again.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:01 AM   #89
richieg

Carrier: O2

I have tried out the voice recorder but i cant get it to record to the folder i want which is on my card. It keeps recording to store/home/user. Any advice
Old 02-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #90
dollars5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by richieg
I have tried out the voice recorder but i cant get it to record to the folder i want which is on my card. It keeps recording to store/home/user. Any advice
That is a restriction on personal edition or beta version of multiPlay and is mentioned in the user manual too.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #91
michalopoulosgk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

A very nice feature of the textnotes is the fact that though they save in the device memory, they can be "found" using the Explore function of the media icon. This is not the case for the Memopad program that come bundled from RIM. Once found, one can change the name (using the Rename command) and the Move them to the media card! To my knowledge, this and the program microNotes posted recently are the only two programs that allow (even though tortuously) saving text notes to the media card! Does anybody know of any other programs that can do that?
Old 02-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #92
I81u812
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

boomarked for when I get home!
WORLD WIDE EMERGENCY CELL NUMBER DIAL: #112

USA MOBILITY BRAVO 502-The Pager
8100 Pearl- Stolen by the Ex
8300-The Cell
Old 02-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #93
dollars5

Products announced and multiPlay is out of beta. multiPlay personal edition continues to be available for free with full customer support at Dollars 5 Complete forums.

Product announcement page at http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...tml#post447600

Please upgrade to the new version as it has many bugs fixed.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #94
blackberry_jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendriksen
Does this program allow me to record conversations? I used that all the time on my E61, and it is almost worth getting rid of the Pearl over. I am in the car and on the phone all of the time, and talking while driving is dangerous enough, much less taking notes.
That would be great. If we're adding wishlist items, I could really use an app that allows in-phone (not remotely hosted) voicemail. I always had that on my phones in Japan - can't believe there's no BB functionality for this yet, it seems to have plenty of memory.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #95
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100T

Voice notes will not create a new file name for each new note. Consequently, after the first one, if you record another and try to save, it says that the file already exists, do I wish to overwrite? Is this a bug, or is this another cobbled feature in the "personal" version? I suggest you allow a pro version demo (15 days or so: full functionality) so that we may use the full version prior to commiting to a purchase.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #96
dollars5

We are considering full version 15 days trial run - but that will not be available till next week.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #97
n1kon

Carrier: tmobile
Default I Get An Error

when i open multiplay i go to file explorer and there is nothing there so i go to the menu and try to press create and when i do it crashes and says uncaught exeption: java.lang.Nullpointer Exeption....anyone know how to fix this?
Old 02-16-2007, 11:03 PM   #98
dollars5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1kon
when i open multiplay i go to file explorer and there is nothing there so i go to the menu and try to press create and when i do it crashes and says uncaught exeption: java.lang.Nullpointer Exeption....anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks for reporting, we will fix this bug sooner.
Can you provide us more details onto this:
1] Do you have a sdcard?
2] Did you see something like 'device' in the 'File Explorer' screen?

These information should be helpful in getting the bug fixed sooner.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:04 AM   #99
RDx
Thumbs Must Hurt

WEll, if your on a call and get placed on hold and don't like there crapy music, put on multiplay and w/e song plays, will play thru ur ear phone or bluetooth set.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #100
blackberry_jack

How can I run .cod, .jad and .alx files? When I click on them, my computer asks what programs open them.
Closed Thread