Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:48 PM   #101
GrayPenguin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
PIN: 23EAF79C
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Until then, couldn't you just split it up into a few files and put them in a playlist? They would play one after the other anyway.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:17 PM   #102
sickmunkeyz
Thumbs Must Hurt

I finally got multiplay to work today..took forever. how do get a license..pay or whatever? dont like one playlist
Old 02-15-2007, 11:41 PM   #103
zimbu1234
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayPenguin
Until then, couldn't you just split it up into a few files and put them in a playlist? They would play one after the other anyway.
I could. That is such a hassle to do EVERY day. I will continue to use my iPod until this is fixed somewhere.

Thanks, I'll keep checking this thread.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #104
GrayPenguin

Oh, no i meant do this on your computer and load them to your phone in separate song files, like song part 1, song part 2, etc. Then if they're in the same playlist they will play one after the other. You would only have to do this once.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:54 PM   #105
zimbu1234
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9780

I understood. Its a new mp3 each day, so I would have to do it every day (on my computer). Not worth the time when I have an ipod to use. Its also because I am lazy. I spend enough time on this damn thing anyway. Like right now when I should be sleeping!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:56 PM   #106
GrayPenguin

Oh I figured you would just leave it on your pearl. Hopefully they will fix it soon then
Old 02-16-2007, 01:12 AM   #107
dollars5

Carrier: Airtel
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmunkeyz
I finally got multiplay to work today..took forever. how do get a license..pay or whatever? dont like one playlist
Glad you got it working, should you face any problems feel free to get back to us in here, or at our community forums or vide our contact us page at Dollars 5 Complete » Contact us

For purchase details for mp3 player please visit Dollars 5 Complete » mediaPlayer for Blackberry Pearl 8100, should you be interested with a value pack of 4 applications (mediaplayer+voice recorder+text notes+multiPlay professional) visit Dollars 5 Complete » multiPlay professional edition for Blackberry Pearl 8100

Should you need to preview the media Player alone - please bear with us for 1 more week, we are packing up tons of features and a trial preview for you to test for 1 whole week - announcements to follow sooner.

Currently we are busy with other Open Source Project for Blackberry users and announcements to follow sooner - this next project is a compliment to all our supporters for making the multiPlay series a great success through their immediate purchases of licenses (day 1 purchases alone took more than 15 hours to dispatch the validation keys - typically it would take 2-3 mins to send a validation key after validating the transaction details).

@zimbu1234:
It would be great if you could help our team get hold of these mp3 files if it does not violate any copyrights. We do get some podcasts, but the longest one we have is for 55 mins.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #108
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollars5
Currently we are busy with other Open Source Project for Blackberry users and announcements to follow sooner
*ears perk up* reeeallly? I love me some open source, tastes just like chicken. Can't wait.

</linux.opensource.nut>
Old 02-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #109
pandyamilan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

how do i see the screen, just like the pics you posted on your site. right now, it shows me a screen with option, play a track OR play a playlist. when i go for play a track, it plays a track with a pop up window. i do not see any progress bar for the song, nor the minutes. in short, i do not see the screen like the one you have on your website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher
try again: http://jonathanhfisher.co.uk/softwar...layer1_0_1.zip

keys 2 and 5 alter the volume - everything else should be self explanatory. no repeat, no shuffle, no time even - but it's a pleasure to use and involves very few clicks to get around.

please report any bugs to: [email address]

cheers,
jon

(ps. it's called Cascades Player - named after my favourite track by Yann Tiersen - Rue Des Cascades)
Old 02-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #110
jfisher
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD

what pic? there is no picture with a progress bar? in short, i think you have a different website?
Old 02-17-2007, 01:10 AM   #111
sickmunkeyz
Thumbs Must Hurt

jfisher...you had screens a while back of meshplayer in a greenish color. i think thats what he is saying. thats the one i was looking forward to.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:27 AM   #112
pandyamilan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

yes yes... thats the one i am talking about. why dont i see it that way in my bb. also, i tried to attach an image if i can find it on your website. somehow you have also changed your website. hence, i could not attach pic. of your players screenshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmunkeyz
jfisher...you had screens a while back of meshplayer in a greenish color. i think thats what he is saying. thats the one i was looking forward to.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:55 AM   #113
sickmunkeyz
Thumbs Must Hurt

yeah i liked the way his old site was. his new one i dont.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #114
dman777
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmobile

What about the option for a music player that can stream music from the internet? i just moved cities and i wish i could lestion to a couple of radio stations from my old city on my pearl.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #115
rivviepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman777
What about the option for a music player that can stream music from the internet? i just moved cities and i wish i could lestion to a couple of radio stations from my old city on my pearl.
Check this one out, it uses standard Shoutcast streams:
MFRadio - mobile streaming radio

I play my favourite on it (BreaksFM, http://breaks.fm/) without any problems.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:21 PM   #116
Jaybop
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop

WOW! Later RadioBee.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:20 AM   #117
jfox67

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

should you need to preview the media Player alone - please bear with us for 1 more week, we are packing up tons of features and a trial preview for you to test for 1 whole week - announcements to follow sooner.

Currently we are busy with other Open Source Project for Blackberry users and announcements to follow sooner - this next project is a compliment to all our supporters for making the multiPlay series a great success through their immediate purchases of licenses (day 1 purchases alone took more than 15 hours to dispatch the validation keys - typically it would take 2-3 mins to send a validation key after validating the transaction details).

@zimbu1234:
It would be great if you could help our team get hold of these mp3 files if it does not violate any copyrights. We do get some podcasts, but the longest one we have is for 55 mins.[/QUOTE]

Will this work on an 8800?
Old 02-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #118
beeH

Carrier: ROGERS

Quote:

and this works with 8100?? i dl the file and app loader cant see it....
any idea??

tnx

beeH
Old 02-24-2007, 05:10 PM   #119
rivviepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeH
and this works with 8100?? i dl the file and app loader cant see it....
any idea??
A .JAD file is (in BlackBerry terms) for installing "Over the Air" -- you hit the JAD URL directly with your BB browser over the internet and it will download the corresponding JAR file (I'm oversimplifying this for you, you can search more here on BBF). It is not for use with the desktop app loader -- those take ALX files (search BBF).

That MFRadio page uses SourceForge (which isn't a direct OTA-type site), so I'll put it on my tiny section of 'free' software for you... *insert pause* ... ok send the following URL to your phone in an email or SMS, and click on it on the BB (then choose 'Get Link'):

http://rivviepop.php0h.com/bb/ota/MFRadio-0.9.1.jad

You could also host these on your own webserver (Apache) with little effort, there are many posts about how to do this here on BBF. I've also got a small blog article I wrote about it as well, if you're interested:

configuring apache for mobile browsing « rivviepop phantom

Note to lurkers: nothing in /bb/ota/ juicy, it's all free stuff you could get from somewhere else.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:12 PM   #120
beeH

Carrier: ROGERS

Quote:
A .JAD file is (in BlackBerry terms) for installing "Over the Air" -- you hit the JAD URL directly with your BB browser over the internet and it will download the corresponding JAR file (I'm oversimplifying this for you, you can search more here on BBF). It is not for use with the desktop app loader -- those take ALX files (search BBF).

That MFRadio page uses SourceForge (which isn't a direct OTA-type site), so I'll put it on my tiny section of 'free' software for you... *insert pause* ... ok send the following URL to your phone in an email or SMS, and click on it on the BB (then choose 'Get Link'):

http://rivviepop.php0h.com/bb/ota/MFRadio-0.9.1.jad

You could also host these on your own webserver (Apache) with little effort, there are many posts about how to do this here on BBF. I've also got a small blog article I wrote about it as well, if you're interested:

configuring apache for mobile browsing « rivviepop phantom

Note to lurkers: nothing in /bb/ota/ juicy, it's all free stuff you could get from somewhere else.
Ill give it a try right now! tnx!! cant wait!!