Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #81
328iGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 21569E16
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

I ordered a red one today from jawbone.com. Going to be shipped to me in Canada, so hopefully it won't take too long. Will be pairing it with my Blackberry Pearl 8100.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #82
CurbMonkey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iGuy
I ordered a red one today from jawbone.com. Going to be shipped to me in Canada, so hopefully it won't take too long. Will be pairing it with my Blackberry Pearl 8100.
I may end up having to settle for a red one. I will see what happens this weekend...
Old 02-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #83
328iGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbMonkey
I may end up having to settle for a red one. I will see what happens this weekend...
I think the red colour is nice, stands out. Not a lot of pople have the red one either as it is the newest colour in the line.

In fact I have never seen anyone in Canada even wearing the Jawbone, in my area anyway.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #84
CurbMonkey

Okay, this is crazy. I live near Boise Idaho. I called EVERY authorized Cingular store in our area. Nobody has them, have been waiting for over a month.
I called Cingular stores in Salt Lake City and Portland, same thing.

Jawbone is out, and I sent them an email asking when they expect to have more for sale, haven't heard anything yet, although it has been less than 8 hours since I emailed them.

Is there anyone one here that knows they are in their local store and help me obtain one? PM me please. Thank you!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #85
328iGuy

Quote:
Okay, this is crazy. I live near Boise Idaho. I called EVERY authorized Cingular store in our area. Nobody has them, have been waiting for over a month.

Jawbone is out, and I sent them an email asking when they expect to have more for sale, haven't heard anything yet, although it has been less than 8 hours since I emailed them.

Is there anyone one here that knows they are in their local store and help me obtain one? PM me please. Thank you!
Just order it online, you would have had it by now.

I ordered mine yesterday, still waiting for a trascking number though. :(

I just emailed them about it, hoping to get a response, although I know a lot of others did not.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #86
CurbMonkey

They are sold out online...
Old 02-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #87
onth

PIN: G PONG
Carrier: AT&T

I am lucky to order mine last Saturday and got it this week then. Cant believe it is all sold out. I rarely see people wearing Jawbone here though.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #88
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Lightbulb

Quote:

CurbMonkey, I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do. It's been about 2 weeks since I called all the Cingular stores in my area looking for one. When they were all sold-out, I gave up and ended up ordering the black one online.

Since I haven't checked with Cingular since then, I'll check over the next couple days, then let you know if I find one.

In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, check on Cingular.Com and see if they have it in-stock.

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Old 02-16-2007, 09:31 PM   #89
328iGuy

Quote:
They are sold out online...
No they aren't, still have Red online.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:54 PM   #90
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700G

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iGuy
No they aren't, still have Red online.
All 3 colors currently show Temporarily sold out at the jawbone site.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:45 PM   #91
328iGuy

WOW must have just happened. I Was there earlier tonight and it was fine.

Got my tracking number, was shipped Thursday, wooohoo!
Old 02-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #92
CurbMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance
CurbMonkey, I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do. It's been about 2 weeks since I called all the Cingular stores in my area looking for one. When they were all sold-out, I gave up and ended up ordering the black one online.

Since I haven't checked with Cingular since then, I'll check over the next couple days, then let you know if I find one.

In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, check on Cingular.Com and see if they have it in-stock.
Sounds great. And at last check, Cingular.com didn't have them for sale.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:12 AM   #93
mceis

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

I just received my Jawbone on Friday. I guess I was lucky to get my order in on-line before Jawbone ran out. I've had the Motorola 850, Motorola hs-700 (a and b versions), Plantronics 640, Jabra JX10, and Nokia bh-800 headsets. There are pluses and minuses to all of them, but I am very pleased with the Jawbone and I'm sticking with it for a while. Here's my take so far:

1. Noise filtering works as advertised. It's absolutely amazing. Much better than any other I've tried. People on the other end say it sounds like I'm speaking on my regular phone in a quiet room.
2. The sound coming through the earpiece is a bit tinny, but it doesn't bother me because the sound level and clarity are good. The Nokia hs-800 is probably the best in this category.
3. It is lighter than I expected. It took some playing around with different earpieces and ear hooks, but I finally found a comfortable fit. The Nokia hs-800 and Jabra JX10 had slightly better fits, though a little bending of the metal makes for a snug fit.
4. The connection quality is perfect. I don't hear any background hissing at all. It outperforms all of the others here. The Jabra JX10 was surprisingly poor.
5. The controls are easy to use. The noise filter is on by default with each call, which is fine with me because it works. The volume control is only in 1 direction, but again, I haven't found it to be much of an issue. Pressing the talk button once when it's on standby activates the voice dial feature of the phone. You have to hold the button down on the Nokia which is a total pain.

Overall, it's been the best one for me.

Last edited by mceis; 02-21-2007 at 02:00 AM..
Old 02-23-2007, 01:39 AM   #94
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Exclamation How to use Jabra Eargels (full size)

Hey everyone, found the info some have been wanting: how to use the Jawbone® with Jabra Eargels!

Found these on another forum, posted by a member that got the full-sized Jabra eargels to work:

Only the image sizes have been changed, to protect the innocent (and because the photographer left them in their full 4 MP size! )

It really is as simple as just figuring out which one of the full-size Eargels fits you best, then slipping it onto your Jawbone® in place of the normal Aliph earbud. And it'll stay in your ear without the earhook! And that's how you do that!

Old 02-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #95
CurbMonkey

Well my local Cingular store FINALLY got their shipment in this morning. I immediatley went down and purchased one. I just got back to my office and am now waiting for it to charge. I am excited to be able to use it.

Thanks for the info about the ear gels. I may have to give that a try.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:09 PM   #96
hermdog

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Has anyone tried the Jabra Eargels? Let us know how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance
Hey everyone, found the info some have been wanting: how to use the Jawbone® with Jabra Eargels!

Found these on another forum, posted by a member that got the full-sized Jabra eargels to work:

http://tinyurl.com/ypclxd

http://tinyurl.com/296xnw

http://tinyurl.com/28oe9f

http://tinyurl.com/2agqyh

http://tinyurl.com/29kk5g

Only the image sizes have been changed, to protect the innocent (and because the photographer left them in their full 4 MP size! )

It really is as simple as just figuring out which one of the full-size Eargels fits you best, then slipping it onto your Jawbone® in place of the normal Aliph earbud. And it'll stay in your ear without the earhook! And that's how you do that!
Old 02-25-2007, 02:35 PM   #97
hermdog

Default Charge your Jawbone in the car

Saw this at another BB site. It is a power adapter for a Dell Axim 50v.

Model: Car Charger for Dell® Axim™ X50

Part # F8D0005

Old 02-25-2007, 03:11 PM   #98
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermdog
I got those images from this thread, where the Jabra usage and several other eargel mods are discussed. It's a 9-page long topic, but there's lots more info on there from people that have done these mods, in regards to how well they work.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:19 PM   #99
hermdog

Smile

Quote:

I went to Radio Shack and purchased the Jabra Eargel. And I absolutely love it. No more earhook. Woohoo!!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #100
rjhouck
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
I went to Radio Shack and purchased the Jabra Eargel. And I absolutely love it. No more earhook. Woohoo!!
I also went to Radio Shack and picked up the Jabra Eargels. They work great and no earhook!! I find the eargel to be very comfortable.

Two things that bothered me about the Jawbone, Volume and Tinny inbound audio. The volume was not loud enough in noisy environments and I struggled to hear the other party. With the eargel the volume is louder I guess because it is in the ear canal and not as much outside noise gets in. I no longer have the volume maxed out. The Tinny audio is still there but I have gotten used to it.

I was getting ready to switch back to my Nokia BH-900 but now that I have modified my Jawbone I think I will stick with it.
Closed Thread