BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
DarienA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
PIN: 241EBD8C
Carrier: A&T
Default Must all handhelds report as "patch applied" before running Exchange Calendar Tool?

Please Login to Remove!

There are currently 84 calls ahead of me!

<sigh>

I'm calling to try to answer the question of whether all handhelds have to report as "patch applied" before running the Exchange Calendar Tool or can I run that at the end of my update process this weekend regardless of how many handhelds have reported back... on the one hand I'm thinking I might have to wait but on the other... I'm just not sure.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
JPenrose
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: TELUS
Exclamation

While not a definitive answer, I applied the exchange calendar update yesterday and still have 45 devices pending a patch.

Not sure of the consequences yet but at this point I'm so *&^% sick of dealing with DST that I no longer care. For the sake of 3 weeks I can work through the crap it may cause.

-J
Old 02-28-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
DarienA
Thumbs Must Hurt

You and me both jp... you and me both.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:43 AM   #4
teemo

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon

I'll third that. I spent 8+ hours in various states of hold on the phone with RIM yesterday after the MS patches hosed the "send as" on our BES. I still have to do this for several clients.

SO

OVER

DST!

We had patched our devices first though, so in terms of Calendaring we haven't seen an issue. Ultimately I don't remember the order, or if it even matters, but RIM have a section on DST on their site that has a PDF that kind of takes you through the steps.

BlackBerry

Last edited by teemo; 03-01-2007 at 12:47 AM..
Old 03-01-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Fourth

I know I sound like a broken record now (remember those things kids?) but as I can't get to RIM and only MS are talking about it, I have to go with their line. We are working flat out to have all BBs patched before the CDO and cal re-base. We won't get them all but after 2 global emails asking them to manually update and one big BES push today/tomorrow, tough.

OK, I don't deal with users but as an org we are taking the line that if you don't get your device patched by tomorrow night (we are CDOing this weekend) using one of these methods, you will have to take the pain and work with our helpdesk to address it. As admins, we can only make best efforts and as my business understands that all this crap has been caused by vendors, quite honestly I think they are relieved that we are getting this much done this quickly. Just don't ask me anything about DST ever again after the 11th :->
Old 03-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
Carnager1

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

I support 2500 BB's the pushing process has started today, so far 1 BB and many more to go.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #7
DarienA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuwhite
Fourth

I know I sound like a broken record now (remember those things kids?) but as I can't get to RIM and only MS are talking about it, I have to go with their line. We are working flat out to have all BBs patched before the CDO and cal re-base. We won't get them all but after 2 global emails asking them to manually update and one big BES push today/tomorrow, tough.

OK, I don't deal with users but as an org we are taking the line that if you don't get your device patched by tomorrow night (we are CDOing this weekend) using one of these methods, you will have to take the pain and work with our helpdesk to address it. As admins, we can only make best efforts and as my business understands that all this crap has been caused by vendors, quite honestly I think they are relieved that we are getting this much done this quickly. Just don't ask me anything about DST ever again after the 11th :->
Stu are there any potential issues with the handhelds being patched now and someone making an appt via their handheld for the DST time period that has been corrected on the handheld but not on Exchange yet?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:16 PM   #8
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarienA
Stu are there any potential issues with the handhelds being patched now and someone making an appt via their handheld for the DST time period that has been corrected on the handheld but not on Exchange yet?
Oh man, I gotta think again now, grrr. right, hang on, engage brain......

Oh yeah, here you go Darien I hope this works, coz seriously my brain went AWOL days ago...

Try This

I am being lazy so if that isn't what you were asking, just yell
Closed Thread