Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
Miya
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers
Default Colour-coding with Ical

Please Login to Remove!

I already posted on Mac Users, but I thought I might get more help here?

Anyone know if there's a way to bring all the colour-coded events from Ical over to BB 8100 with PocketMac?
I have five different colours on my calendar (on computer) but only blue and black show up on BB.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
ibrg
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 0000
Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miya

Anyone know if there's a way to bring all the colour-coded events from Ical over to BB 8100 with PocketMac?
I have five different colours on my calendar (on computer) but only blue and black show up on BB.
I tried and couldn't do it with both PC and Mac. Colors don't seem to "stick" via synch.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:25 PM   #3
bcaslis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I'm confused. Is there a way to set a color on an event in the Blackberry calendar? I've looked and I don't a way to do this.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #4
beninark
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100c

man I would really like to see the calender be color coded...wow that would help me with the at a glance stuff from day to day...
Old 03-14-2007, 01:55 PM   #5
PocketMacAnne
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Preserving iCal Calendar colors When Syncing

Hi!

I just wanted to pipe in and share a little info about why the Calendar colors aren't preserved when syncing with iCal (or Entourage, Now Up To Date, Daylight, MeetingMaker or Lotus Notes)...

The BlackBerry itself doesn't have a field to store the "Calendar" or "Category" information on calendar items.

That means when PocketMac copies information from the Mac to the BlackBerry, the BlackBerry has no place to put the information in its database, so it doesn't know which Calendar/Category the item belongs to.

Until RIM can add that feature to the device, here's how we can HALF work around that on the PocketMac side.

PocketMac DOES keep track of which calendar the data comes from (e.g. Home, Work, Project, etc.). So, if you have placed an item into one of those calendars already, PocketMac leaves it there.

On the other hand, if you add the calendar item directly to the BlackBerry, PocketMac doesn't know which iCal calendar (or Category in the other programs) it belongs to, so it makes one called "PocketMac" in your Mac as a holding place.

Once you move the item to its proper calendar, PocketMac will remember its new setting in subsequent syncs.

If you are also syncing with another computer, the BlackBerry can't transmit all the calendar information from the other computer, so EVERYTHING starts out on your Mac in the PocketMac folder.

We're as eager as you are for RIM to add that much-requested feature to the calendar on the BlackBerry.

We welcome any other ideas and feature requests in our PocketMac support site. Any time!

I can't post URLs yet (as a new poster) so here's as much as I can type and invite you to visit our support team for questions and suggestions:

pocketmac.net/support DOT htm

Thank you !
We Love to help you sync with the Mac!
Old 03-14-2007, 10:00 PM   #6
mmariep

Model: Pearl

I just switched to BB from Palm and that's the one thing I miss. RIM definately needs to get with the colors - not just for calendar categories, but fonts and icons too!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:13 AM   #7
hrhenry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miya

I don't have a mac, but subscribe to many different ical calendars in both google and calendarweb calendars.

I suspect the diferent colors you see are actually separate calendars that you are subscribed to. To have all those events tranferred, you'd need to import those into your own calendar. Even so, once transferred, you'd lose the colors, as they'd all be from a single calendar.

R.
==
Closed Thread