Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
Vulcan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Default Pearl graphics card?

Please Login to Remove!

Well at 3:00am while I was driving back to my house with a friend, I was using the BBmaps and all of a sudden, blue vertical lines started appearing then the screen started slowly dimming to white. The blue vertical lines stayed on there with the white till the backlight went off. I tried turning off the Pearl, unplugging the battery and taking the sim card out many different times and I still get the white screen with blue vertical lines.

I called Cingular about this and they told me that they would just replace the Pearl and I'll get it by Monday. (yeah... I have to actually pay for the new one, although I will get reimbursed once I send the old one back. Thats pretty lame nonetheless.)

Anyway, is this due to some graphical processor in the Pearl? I remember seeing something exactly like this when my graphics card went out on my desktop.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
Carrier: T-Mobile

[QUOTE=Vulcan](yeah... I have to actually pay for the new one, although I will get reimbursed once I send the old one back. Thats pretty lame nonetheless.)QUOTE]
lol.. yeah it is, but at least your getting a new one and not a refurbished one.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:35 PM   #3
Fungineer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Anyway, is this due to some graphical processor in the Pearl? I remember seeing something exactly like this when my graphics card went out on my desktop.
There is no dedicated graphics controller chip in the phone - I would guess it is either an issue with the processor (which has an integrated graphics controller), the display, or the connector between the two. If you look at some of the device teardowns you can see that there is just a flex connector between the display and the main board in the top left corner of the device - did you drop it at all?
Old 03-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #4
Vulcan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Cingular

Nope, I've never dropped it. I just thought it was odd with the white screen and vertical blue lines. Just because thats what my screen looked like when my graphics card in my desktop died.

//edit// It actually works every now and then but always fades to the white screen with vertical lines. Although I've noticed, I can make it stay perfect whenever I use the camera... weird lol.
Closed Thread