Please Login to Remove!

thats why i got a 1 year contract.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #22
Berry O Black
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Set Up

Well in theory your plan could work, but even the T-Mobile Wap browser is not loaded in the pearl when you buy it!. You have to activate a data plan, then the Server sends you the link for TZones(wap) and the BB Browser globe. With out it I dont see how your plan could work. I have the Oprea Mini browser but I loaded it through the BB Browser. You know T-Mobile has the lowest Rate on the monthly Unlimited BB service. And its truly unlimited not like Verizion. So you are getting a great deal at only $20 per month. Plus you may have other issues with the phone searching for the server all the time, you can disable the "Data" under Network options but I am not certain if it will let you use the Wap browser afterwards. Another problem is you will be unable to send MMS with that great new camera with out the Data package. Good luck
Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 PM   #23
MyPearl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry O Black
Well in theory your plan could work, but even the T-Mobile Wap browser is not loaded in the pearl when you buy it!. You have to activate a data plan, then the Server sends you the link for TZones(wap) and the BB Browser globe. With out it I dont see how your plan could work. I have the Oprea Mini browser but I loaded it through the BB Browser. You know T-Mobile has the lowest Rate on the monthly Unlimited BB service. And its truly unlimited not like Verizion. So you are getting a great deal at only $20 per month. Plus you may have other issues with the phone searching for the server all the time, you can disable the "Data" under Network options but I am not certain if it will let you use the Wap browser afterwards. Another problem is you will be unable to send MMS with that great new camera with out the Data package. Good luck
Thanks for the feedback. I used the desktop manager to dowload all the applications i mentioned above to the Pearl on my cingular BB. I am assuming you can do the same with a T-Mobile BB pearl.

I know 19.99 for unlimited is a great deal but when you have 3 or 4 phones in a family plan, it adds up...
Old 04-05-2007, 08:00 AM   #24
xxaarraa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: The New Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPearl
Appreciate the feedback and sorry if this is a subject that has been discussed before. Did a quick search before i posted but i guess i missed it.

I understand that i can not use RIM native serivices and will not have service books but wouldn't i get basic WAP services?

As stated above, i have a old ATT plan (7 yrs old actually with a very old sim) and i am able to get the blackberry to work via APN. All you need is a TCP to have applications like opera, Ramble, JT, etc.. to work...
Then why do you want a BB? If you just need a phone, there are other more attractive options out there.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:32 AM   #25
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPearl
I know 19.99 for unlimited is a great deal but when you have 3 or 4 phones in a family plan, it adds up...
Which is why you need to find out all you can about a purchase before the purchase. You have 3 or 4 blackberrys in your family?
Closed Thread