Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 01:20 AM   #1
pengrus
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default pocketday error?

Please Login to Remove!

I really like the program Pocketday, but on my 8800, it generates the uncaught exception errors a lot. Does anyone else use it on 8800 with no problem? Any suggestions on a fix? I contacted the support, but they were not able to fix it...

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c

I'm also a PocketDay fan and one that's had problems using it. I've virtually stopped using it at this point and have been using the Today theme. The last problem I had was when trying to "mark all as read" for the calls it would give me the java error. There are some tricks, like where you place the different sections, make sure you have the tasks on the list. Check the forums section at their web site.

I'm waiting on the next version for a couple of reasons, the java errors and it doesn't support the "Inject into" for Rexwireless. I'd rather have the latter. I do miss using it and having everything on one page, pda information and weather, stocks, news. Also, the BB can't copy an appointment with the native calendar application!

Regards-Michael G.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
pengrus
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800

Glad to know that I am not the only one. Yes, I also got the error when mark all read.

I am not using the Task, so I have to list it to avoid the error?

What is Today theme? Another alternative?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c

Pengrus, yes, try adding tasks to the display. It didn't work for me on Mark All as Read but it did fix Mark as Read. I also have seen mentioned that putting calls and email at the bottom of the display fixed some errors. I haven't followed it closely as I haven't been using it for the last few weeks. Again, try their forums.

There are a couple of different Today themes. I'm using the one that came with the 8800c. Go to Options - Theme and you can select different themes there. I'm using BB Dimension Today. If you unlock all vendor themes, there are other Today themes from O2 and Vodafone. You'll have to search for how to unlock the themes or download already modified alx files posted by jibi (?).

Regards-Michael G.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
tolwyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Just ignore me if you've already done this... when I migrated from my 8700r to the 8800r; it automatically moved my Pocketday and settings across. So first time I fired it up, it gave me the same errors as what you've experienced. I visited the website and found there is a specific version for 8100/8800 (4.2 OS), loaded that OTA, and everything is just fine.

Hope that helps a bit... I don't get any errors marking things read or opening any areas.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:05 AM   #6
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700R
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I'm running Pocket Day also on a 8800c (Cingular branded on Rogers), I haven't run into any java errors on startup, mark all as read, etc. I didn't migrate from anything else though, just downloaded the desktop install version from CRS.
Closed Thread