Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
crackberryUK
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: O2 UK
Default 8300 bug?

Please Login to Remove!

on desktop created new folder called games, inserted 3 games into folder. then changed the theme and the folder was missing including the games in the folder.

while the games wasnt on the desktop it was still in the applications....the folder was not in hide as i tried show all and folder wasnt there.

any1 else have similar problem?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

I wish I had that problem! <vbg>
Old 05-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #3
Fungineer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

maybe the folder is specific to the theme? different themes already have "folders" in them based on carrier look & feel - I would be surprised if the user-folders of 4.2.2 behaved any differently (ie: they are attached to the theme you create them in). If you go back to the theme you started with, is the folder still there?
Old 05-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #4
crackberryUK

sorry should said that, yes i did change back to original theme and folder wasnt there. i tried creating a new folder with same name and i got "folder already exists".

when i changed theme after reboot all the games were there on desktop, i tried again creating games folder and placing games in folder, all worked.

i didnt change theme again, it works so wont change it
Old 05-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #5
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

I found a bug... I don't have one yet! lol

Sorry crackberry, I'm just goofing around. I would have guessed the same thing fungineer did. The whole folders thing is new for them so maybe they still have some kinks to work out. I wonder if anyone else across the pond is having the same probem?
Old 05-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
seann

Model: 8120
Carrier: n/a
Thumbs up

I've seen this before...

You'll have to reset the theme defaults - go to Tools > Themes > Menu > Reset Theme Defaults
Old 05-17-2007, 11:54 AM   #7
crackberryUK

thx seann. it works now so i'll leave it as is. if it plays up again i'll remember your advice.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

So far (he says crossing his fingers) I have not had a single problem with my Curve. Everything I've done has worked out well and this device continues to amaze me with all the potential it has to accomplish so many different tasks. I'm at the end of week 2, of very heavy usage and this baby is just wonderful.

I must admit (he says eating his prior words) I'm actually quite fond of the media player, and the camera for that matter. I did not think that I would use either of these, as I have a great library and a very well organized iPod. Then when it comes to a camera, every cameraphone I've had has produced very poor pictures, and besides I always carry a small digital camera that takes great pictures. That said, the camera on the 8300 is very good for what it is. Not great but quite good. I must admit it's nice to have it all in one device.

While I have enjoyed every BlackBerry I've had to date, this one is a very significant leap forward starting with the huge improvement in build quality to the seemless way it operates due to a slick updated UI.

If you decide to purchase one of these, you will be very impressed and satisfied.

Cheers...

Last edited by archer6; 05-17-2007 at 12:00 PM..
Old 05-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
crackberryUK

i agree archer, the rubbery sides, silver and grey combo, camera, sd card, media player, and keyboard works well together.

if bb keep the same layout with a 5meg camera, standard 4Gb sd card, wifi, media player with full options like equaliser ect, streaming video, full bluetooth data use. then it would be close to perfection for me.

did u notice u can send picture and music via bluetooth now?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:40 PM   #10
akg
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: Mont Blanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackberryUK View Post
i agree archer, the rubbery sides, silver and grey combo, camera, sd card, media player, and keyboard works well together.

if bb keep the same layout with a 5meg camera, standard 4Gb sd card, wifi, media player with full options like equaliser ect, streaming video, full bluetooth data use. then it would be close to perfection for me.

did u notice u can send picture and music via bluetooth now?
I don't think this is new...I can do it on my Pearl.

BES 4.1.6 Exchange 2003 SP2
Old 05-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #11
crackberryUK

compared to the 8700 ...... shouldve said.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:38 AM   #12
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

The same thing happened to me with a folder last night. One cool thing I noticed is that if you're using, say the Zen theme and change the font and background image, and then swith to another theme, then back to Zen...it doesn't default to the Zen font and background. It keeps the previous settings.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:27 PM   #13
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: FFFFFFF

OS 4.2.2 now will not touch your custom screen/display settings when changing themes...finally!

The Boy Genius Report
Old 05-28-2007, 02:50 PM   #14
tmag2005
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: Ball Wizard
Carrier: Orange

I have saent back a faulty Curve as there were several faults with the Calendar functions, and whilst i could prbably have solved it, it was easier to make use of the 14 day return policy.

Also O2 UK has had some problems with unlocking codes. There have been a batch of faulty produced codes and will receive a second code for the Curve tomorrow, however it has been a nightmare to sort out, and once again, the Support Dept has to be spoon fed a little in respect of their finding the solution....Be warned....
Old 05-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #15
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackberryUK View Post
1) i agree archer, the rubbery sides, silver and grey combo, camera, sd card, media player, and keyboard works well together.

2) if bb keep the same layout with a 5meg camera, standard 4Gb sd card, wifi, media player with full options like equaliser ect, streaming video, full bluetooth data use. then it would be close to perfection for me.

3) did u notice u can send picture and music via bluetooth now?

1) The more I use my 8300, the better I like it. The size, and weight are remarkably ideal as compared to the prior BlackBerrys.

2) I agree with your future wish list and would not be surprised to see some or all of those items on future models. As the 8300 is a perfect platform to build on.

3) Yes, I just discovered this capability recently and it's a lot of fun to play with.

Most Importantly: I'm very impressed with the speed of this device. While it's not significantly faster that earlier models, it's the way the apps are integrated and seamless transitions while multi tasking are intuitive, therefore it just comes naturally.

I'm entering week 4 and the reliability, stability and overall functionality have been flawless. Thanks to O2 for being the first to bring this to market.

Cheers....