BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Were you able to use the application successfully?
Yes 305 86.65%
No 47 13.35%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 06:36 PM   #1461
MyPearl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbforums View Post
I hope this is not an indication of how the early beta testers will be remembered once JiveTalk is final. Many of us have been using it since the early teen versions.

I was running version 0.90 and when I found out version 0.91 was available from reading this forum, I went to About JiveTalk and it stated latest version was "n/a".
mine said 0.9.1 available so i did OTA.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #1462
kyububba

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPearl View Post
mine said 0.9.1 available so i did OTA.
the new version info only show when you're logged in (no way for the app to know if it's not connected...)

we're adding a new version alert feature in the next build. the email notifications were getting too labor intensive, managing the email list and all....

Last edited by kyububba; 05-18-2007 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 05-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #1463
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbforums View Post
I hope this is not an indication of how the early beta testers will be remembered once JiveTalk is final. Many of us have been using it since the early teen versions.

I was running version 0.90 and when I found out version 0.91 was available from reading this forum, I went to About JiveTalk and it stated latest version was "n/a".
It is just a general practice. Once the beta goes into public, all the release note should be posted in the website. Additionally, it does not require to register your email address for the new beta user. Anyway, I don't see any issues of them handling the new release.

The early beta testers are helpful but they should not be treated very much differently than other beta testers anyway.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:11 AM   #1464
don.new

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Help, I upgraded OTA from 90 to 91 and it won't launch, shows a tiny Reset button only, or says "Too many apps". Tried battery pull. Help! T-Mo 8700g v.4.1.0.284
Old 05-19-2007, 05:27 PM   #1465
jarodl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

Can you go back to posting summary replies of the new builds? What features are included in the 9.0 and 9.1 builds?
Old 05-19-2007, 06:36 PM   #1466
don.new

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Well, I did have to many apps on my phone, now it works great. But I guess I can't add more apps...
Old 05-19-2007, 10:55 PM   #1467
dchandler
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
PIN: 32BAD635
Carrier: SPRINT
Default jivetalk

Cant get jivetalk to run on my bb 8703e. i keep getting an error message saying Error starting jive talk key dode event not found. can somebody please help me
Old 05-20-2007, 10:10 AM   #1468
kyububba

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
Cant get jivetalk to run on my bb 8703e. i keep getting an error message saying Error starting jive talk key dode event not found. can somebody please help me
you installed the wrong build. you need the build for 4.1 OS v 4.1.309 or later but installed the 4.2 OS build.

Uninstall and re-download the appropriate buld
Old 05-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #1469
jtdarden

Model: 8xxx
PIN: member2393
Carrier: Sprint Nextel
Default Nice

I just read through the entire list of posts (holy crap, a lot of reading) cause I wanted to make sure my asks are not out there already.

For those blow hards who do not want to pony up: quid pro quo. If you want a free app., go get one of the apps that are no longer evolving or taking your input. I am happy to use this app for free while it is in beta, and I am more than happy to pay for it when Beejive comes up with their reasonable price. Beleive it or not, they are not trying to personally screw you with the price.

How many times have you purchased an application, and it didn't work the way you wanted it to, or you gave the developer feedback on how to improve the application only to have them ignore you? Don't give me that "my time is worth money crap" -- you're using a free application that rocks. How much time have you really spent giving feedback to Beejive? Let's be honest, it is not like you're re-writing code for them. Get over it.

Here are a couple of items that would be nice to have in the next release:

1. Homescreen shortcut to launch the application (only one person asked for this with no response) -- other IM apps have this feature, and it would be very convenient for us QWERTY loyalists (Ramble - I, BB Messenger - N, GoogleTalk - G, Yahoo - Y). . .the letter 'J' is not taken yet to my knowledge.

2. Battery Status in application window. You've managed to do a good job of signal strength, but if I am IMing for a long period of time, it would be nice to know where I am on battery life.

Thanks for a great application, and I completed your survey as well.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #1470
mr_kitty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

since my " issues were resolved, i'm loving the jivetalk. it's on 24/7 w/o issue... well one minor one:

- sometimes while actively chatting with a contact the message indicator LED keeps flashing even tho I'm actively chatting with that contact. I have to go back to the buddy list and "open" the same chat session again to make it stop. This is an 8100/build .90 (i just d/l .91, so i can't tell if it's fixed yet).

feature requests:

1. Blackberry Messenger support
2. Skype IM support (voice would be nice, but IM would be good enough)
3. Jive translator, just for fun.
4. Screenshots on your website... I've shown this to several clients now, they want to see what the app looks like.
5. Better icon. Maybe that squarish chatbubble by itself & larger (green for connected, red for away...)? The square around it bothers me aesthetically.

Let me know when I can give you money. Seriously.

Thanks for a great app. I'm lovin' it!

Old 05-22-2007, 09:20 PM   #1471
MyPearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_kitty View Post
since my " issues were resolved, i'm loving the jivetalk. it's on 24/7 w/o issue... well one minor one:

- sometimes while actively chatting with a contact the message indicator LED keeps flashing even tho I'm actively chatting with that contact. I have to go back to the buddy list and "open" the same chat session again to make it stop. This is an 8100/build .90 (i just d/l .91, so i can't tell if it's fixed yet).

I use 9.1 and have experienced the same bug.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #1472
MyPearl

Arrow 0.9.2 is out.

0.9.2 is out. Not sure about the new features and bug fixes.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #1473
kyububba

Quote:
0.9.2 is out. Not sure about the new features and bug fixes.
Man you guys are quick!

Was just about to put up a note. This is a minor bug fix build as we get ready for the 1.0 release. (The LED bug you mentioned above is not fixed in this build, but we're looking at it.)

Included in this build:

- New splash screen and pause (progress) screens
- Home screen icon now changes according to your availability status, as well as on new messages.
- Buddy pounce bug fix. The dialog auto-closes if the buddy goes offline.
- New version alerts. When there is a new build available, you'll get a alert popup when you log in. This is turned on by default, but you can turn it off in preferences.
- Various small and cosmetic bug fixes.

We also started posting our release notes (including going back to the earlier betas) on our site. http://www.beejive.com/release_notes.txt
Old 05-22-2007, 10:44 PM   #1474
soesraider

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers :(

I upgraded from 0.9.0 to 0.9.2 and now get an error when trying to start the app:
(truncated) "module midp2 does not match codfile timestamp of sibling module "midp2-1"

It worked great before...bad upgrade? Should I delete the whole app and install a fresh version of 0.9.2?

SR

8700r/BIS/OS4.1.0.351
Old 05-22-2007, 10:47 PM   #1475
kyububba

Quote:
Originally Posted by soesraider View Post
I upgraded from 0.9.0 to 0.9.2 and now get an error when trying to start the app:
(truncated) "module midp2 does not match codfile timestamp of sibling module "midp2-1"

It worked great before...bad upgrade? Should I delete the whole app and install a fresh version of 0.9.2?

SR

8700r/BIS/OS4.1.0.351
You probably just caught it in the middle of an upload or cache refresh. Just try to download again?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:04 PM   #1476
MyPearl

Having the same problem

Is there a way to delete and reinstall without deleting all my settings (accounts info, chat history, ...)

Last edited by MyPearl; 05-22-2007 at 11:06 PM..
Old 05-22-2007, 11:12 PM   #1477
soesraider

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyububba View Post
You probably just caught it in the middle of an upload or cache refresh. Just try to download again?
I can't start the app to get back to the "upgrade" link. If I uninstall the app, but not the module(s), will I lose my settings?

SR
Old 05-22-2007, 11:21 PM   #1478
MyPearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by soesraider View Post
I can't start the app to get back to the "upgrade" link. If I uninstall the app, but not the module(s), will I lose my settings?

SR
Ahhh.. I went to the OTA site and overwrote the program with 0.9.2 and lost all my settings and data. not sure how it works. Usually OTA should not overwrite the settings. is it this build? I wish there is a way to back up the data and reload it...
Old 05-22-2007, 11:30 PM   #1479
audispider

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Default im program

the im program is awesome, but it eats the hell out of some battery when many services are used....but that is expected
Old 05-23-2007, 12:01 AM   #1480
kyububba

Quote:
Ahhh.. I went to the OTA site and overwrote the program with 0.9.2 and lost all my settings and data. not sure how it works. Usually OTA should not overwrite the settings. is it this build? I wish there is a way to back up the data and reload it...
Hmm... OTA shouldn't overwrite your data. If there was a bad install, it's possible that the OS app manager had already deleted the old version.
Closed Thread