ffeingol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by takesh
I dunno -- F is pretty fast. I mean, unless my 8800 read my mind and switched profiles for me I can't see it being much faster... ;)
Well I (and prob. others) came from the PPC world. There was at least one nice little program that would automagically switch the profile based on time. So I basically had a daytime and nighttime profile and it would flip/flop automatically.

Frank
Old 06-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #22
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

I really think we need somebody taking note of third-party application needs around here and getting to work. At least a fair developer could make a few bucks from some of these needs.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #23
Maverickster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I really think we need somebody taking note of third-party application needs around here and getting to work. At least a fair developer could make a few bucks from some of these needs.
I'm pretty sure that BlackBerry Alerts does this whole "during hours of X-Y, use profile 1; during hours Y-Z, use profile 2; during hours Z-X, use profile 3" thing. I dunno. I just use it for the alert-specific colored LED....

--Mav
Old 06-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #24
ffeingol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A

I looked at BlackBerry Alerts (and now I'm looking at Message Alerts) and they don't really do this. With both programs you need to setup a bunch of rules etc. that say "when X happens do Y". The old PPC program I had let you say between 07:00 and 22:00 use the "day" profile and from 22:01 until 06:59 use the "night" profile (the profiles could be whatever you wanted). I'm sure that I could come up with a simple thing with either BB Alerts or Message Alerts, but just switching profiles seems a lot easier.

For now I'm just doing what someone suggested above. When I'm hope I slide the BB in the holster and use that part of the profile. During the day I just take it out and put a skin on. I'm pretty sure that will wear the skin out pretty fast, so I'm hunting for a better solution.

Frank
Closed Thread