Old 06-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
audiofx
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Hosted BES and browser issues

Please Login to Remove!

I have hosted BES through 123hosting.com. I can not conenct to streaming music, shop, etc all the stuff that i guess requires a cingular proxy. Anytime i change browser to medianet or internet browser and saves it reverts back to blackberry. I am assuming that show 123hosting has their BES server setup? Its annoying i can not goto cingulars download sites to get say XM mobile app, etc, etc. Any work arounds or anything i may try?
Old 06-09-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
Perfect Storm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers

Why not just use the internet browser?
Old 06-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
audiofx

I only have one browser. In browser configuration I have 2 medianets, 1 internet, one blackberry.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #4
Perfect Storm

Type the address in you want to go to, hit the menu key and select change browser. Voilla! Internet Browser.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #5
audiofx

it keep changing back to blackberry browser. I actually wiped device did not perform enterprise activation and if i goto say media net or any of the cingular stuff i get unable to connect to the internet. This is second curve same problem, maybe they have something wrong on my account Blackberry Unlimited $44.99 addon.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:36 PM   #6
pleis

Model: 8300
Default BES vr 4.1.3

Just picked up an 8300 w/GPS separate receiver to configure & test with our BES server vr 4.1.3

Noticed the same issue you are referring to about shortcuts to 'Shop Applications' all those referring to Shopping, Community & even their TeleNav link - which I need to setup w/GPS receiver. The error I'm receiving is:

"Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact your service provider"

As mentioned in other reply, you can get around this by typing in GO TO address, but this is not going to fly with my users (they're all executives).

Keep you posted on my findings...
Old 06-09-2007, 11:23 PM   #7
audiofx

Mine gives a different error to possibly contact my service provider. Cant tell you exactly what it is as i wiped and trying to reload the OS right now to fix other issues i am having *sigh*
Old 06-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
sincere759

Model: 8110

Yeah mine is doing the same thing and i thought it was the curve so i went back to my pearl and activatied it under my bes account. I can use the internet browser but the medianet browser does not work, nor the shop features, and i cant send an mms. My 3rd party apps work fine, yahoo messenger, and the internet browser all function wit no problem. Ive tried wiping device and reloading from scratch, deleteing all service books and resending em and re-registering through the hrt table but nothing seems to work. I even tried calling the idiots at tech support and they made sure my account was properly provisioned with the bes plan and my IT guy says i have full access to the bes server! I dont think i had these problems til i put yahoo messenger on there (you know the hack to make yahoo work on the cingular side) now is this a side effect or what? I get the same error as everyone else on this thread; "Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact your service provider"
Old 06-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #9
Perfect Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofx View Post
it keep changing back to blackberry browser. I actually wiped device did not perform enterprise activation and if i goto say media net or any of the cingular stuff i get unable to connect to the internet. This is second curve same problem, maybe they have something wrong on my account Blackberry Unlimited $44.99 addon.
Browser -> Options -> General Properties -> Default Browser

By default if you're on BES this will go to BlackBerry Browser
Old 06-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #10
audiofx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Storm View Post
Browser -> Options -> General Properties -> Default Browser

By default if you're on BES this will go to BlackBerry Browser
my curve cant even sync my email right i think i need a 3rd :( works if i have host reset bes account then later changes where i cant see my folder structure at all then get errors sending mail and recieve none
Old 06-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #11
pleis

Model: 8300
Default latest on browser links

I've confirmed these browser error messages have nothing to do with a 'problem' device. Replacing unit will not resolve issue.

All the shortcuts for shopping, community,etc. on the 8300 are not compatible with Blackberry O/S and/or the WAP settings are invalid, which are pre-loaded.

I've created a policy on my Blackberry server to remove some of these 'garbage' icons and have hidden the rest.

The TeleNav maps which is preloaded is NOT the application for use with GPS receiver. It requires TeleNav Navigator, which I downloaded & installed directly from the Internet.

Once installed, received message that my account w/TeleNav had expired & needed to be renewed. Called TeleNav - they were very familiar with this problem & after 40 min conference call with Cingular - confirmed issue is on Cingular end and they were unable to resolve. Only way to resolve is to pay TeleNav directly for service of $9.99 per month. Which obviously null & voids their present promotion for TeleNav first 2 months free. Minutes after I paid TeleNav via credit card...TeleNav worked like a charm.

Not impressed with Cingular\ATT QA process.... Rush to get the latest models out first without proper testing.
Closed Thread