Old 06-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #1
slines
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9600
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default How Hard is it?

Please Login to Remove!

I am sorry to bother people of this forum but I am really interested in getting a BB and wanted to know how hard are these to set up and use.

I sell stuff on the side and want to get the emails sent to me when people have questions etc. I want 2 different email accounts one like gmail to go to me where ever I am at.

I am not Mr computer brain and I always wanted to get a BB but am kind of afraid to buy into this and find it is really hard to use.

I want it easy to make calls to contacts and make it simple to have the phone on vibrate when at my job. Main thing I want is SIMPLE TO USE.

Is this going to be the way to go.

Help the NEWBIE
Old 06-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

The devices and technology are not overly complex. You will need to take steps to educate yourself on the technology and to avoid becoming frustrated. You will find all of the information and assist you need to get up and going on this board.

I would strongly suggest that you check out BlackberryFAQ.com link at the top of the site. Find your device and you will be well on your way!

Welcome and enjoy!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 06-14-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
Unluky
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: Safety

I would have never bought a BB for myself in a million years, but one (7290) was waiting for me when I started my current job. I reluctantly started using it and can now not imagine not having one - even if my job does not require it. I love it.

I had no problems at all setting it up and using it. If you can do it on a computer, you can do it on a BB. Biggest problem I had was figuring out all the stuff it did that I never thought of! I would be reading on here and go "All be!!! I never knew I could do that with it!"

Now I am on here always watching for the next cool BB. I am hooked.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #4
onth
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: G PONG

Wirelessly posted (Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.0.6540/1690; en; U; ssr))

It will take you a little bit more time to get use to a BB coming from a regular phone. But once you read through the forum and know more about it. It is a very cool phone for business and personal use. I have converted 4 non-techie friends who can't live without their BB anymore.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:48 AM   #5
RoC1909
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

You will have to take a few steps in order to educate yourself with how BB works but it's nothing like Rocket Science. Read the manual, Read the Tips and tricks located on these forums and above all, search the forums for any questions you may have. There are a lot of cool and very knowledgeable people as members of the forums that can help you with pretty much any problem that you may have in your BB. Give them a try but also remember to SEARCH the forums as well since a lot of the same questions have been asked and we would just like to wee through them.

Have Fun!!

RoC
Old 06-15-2007, 08:11 AM   #6
jbairdjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550

Our agency has given several Blackberry devices to user who had standard phones prior. Novice users, with no PDA experience. Those users took very little time to get "up to speed" with the Blackberry, and now you couldnt pry them out of their hands!
I think you will find the operating system easy to use, and rock solid.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:48 AM   #7
slines
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9600

Thanks everyone for making so welcome to this forum. I will try and search before I ask. I am getting the 8703 today finally I bought one used for $200.00 it was 3 months old and looks like new. I can't wait to get started.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 06-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #8
lawizard
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: cingular - the new AT&T
Smile Great device

I never thought that I would move to a convergance device since I liked my Palm TX so much but when it died recently, I took the plunge. I have been amazed at how different they are (as I read on one forum, don't expect the BB to be a PDA) but it does so many things better that I don't miss the other items that I used to use all the time.

There might be a few things that I would change, but overall, the experience is great and being able to get emails and messages quickly is terrific.

As an attorney, I have found that I can access what I need when I need it even when I am not near a computer. I have found a way to reply to clients from the courtroom while waiting for my hearing to begin and have even responded during a Friday evening out with a group of friends because it was so quick and easy and didn't interfere with our discussions!

Enyoy, you have made the right choice. Do read the FAQ's and use the forum's liberally.

Even when I haven't posted or responded I have found them to be quite useful and they have answered my questions without my having to ask!

There are some great places to find a list of 3rd party apps on here that are specific for your model number. Look in the General Section, 8700 discussions.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #9
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

It's not hard to set up and use any BB but you're going to have to do a little learning. Refer to the Getting Started Guide (you can download it from Blackberry.com for your model if you don't get one) and BlackberryFAQ.com. If you have any questions after that then post (or search) here and someone can help.
Closed Thread