Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #81
ani
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel

Please Login to Remove!

welcome onth.. thanks for the suggestions.. will definitely look into them..

regd images can u pls just confirm this
1. that you have images ON in the Empower option.
2. that you can view images in your bb browser. (esp if you are on BES).

thanks, thanks again..
- Ani.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #82
onth

Model: 9700
PIN: G PONG
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani View Post
welcome onth.. thanks for the suggestions.. will definitely look into them..

regd images can u pls just confirm this
1. that you have images ON in the Empower option.
2. that you can view images in your bb browser. (esp if you are on BES).

thanks, thanks again..
- Ani.
Hi Ani,

1. Yes, I have put a check mark on "show Image in Message"
2. I am on BIS .64 OS. I can view images on my bb browser with no problem.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:10 PM   #83
ani

okay, Is this issue with some specific email or with all emails?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #84
onth

Model: 9700
PIN: G PONG

With all the email.

For example, I receive email from my work with product images. But those images show up as an attachment. But if I open the email from my outlook, the image is showing up in the body of the email.

2nd example, I receive promotion email from Circuit City, those images either shows up as html or just plain text. I can only tell if the email that i receive contains image when i login to my email a/c from my pc.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:22 PM   #85
BlackbEric

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

The same issues are happening to me. Any html email I get and I scroll down it switches back to text view. Also, none of my images are showing up. Yes I have the option properly selected but boxes show up with the name of the image file and not the image.

If you dont mind me asking, why is it easier to have your own fonts and background colors instead of using the ones that you already have set? Wouldnt it decrease the file size if you just eliminate the color and font options and let it use the settings on the Blackberry?

I heavily commend you guys for coming out with such a great product but I think if you make it seemlessly integrate with the blackberry it will be a much better product.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #86
ani

Yes eric, it will decrease the size if we chuck out the color, fonts, and preview options.. While we were aware of the fact that any such option we add increases the size, in this case we have taken care so that even with the color options, fonts and the auto-preview - all implemented, the file size has really gone up by less than 1 kb.. i think at the end of the day its a balance we developers have to strike, giving users an option to personalize while giving them a compact cod as well.. hard to do, but have to do..

I have taken note of the issue about image not opening up, and I am working out the same. Pls give us sometime and we will sure fix it up. Also, if we can have a sample (perhaps a not so important) email where this image issues is happening it will help us a bit in tracking it better.. if anyone can contribute with one such email, that will be great.. pm or fwd it to [email address]
Old 06-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #87
adwiv
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8707g
Carrier: Hutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbEric View Post
If you dont mind me asking, why is it easier to have your own fonts and background colors instead of using the ones that you already have set? Wouldnt it decrease the file size if you just eliminate the color and font options and let it use the settings on the Blackberry?
We are using the fonts that are already installed on the blackberry and not providing our own. So there is zero impact in program size.

The only difference is in names - HTML standard uses a different naming methodology than the blackberry programs.

The mapping between standard HTML fonts and Blackberry fonts is decided by RIM, and may vary from device to device. We are investigating if it is possible to use native fonts directly in our program. If it is, we would certainly start using the native font names.

Cheers.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #88
Lowrider

Model: 8100
Carrier: CBW

Just downed 33, n!ce! The only prob I have ever had is the "scroll" problem, keep up the great work!
Old 06-20-2007, 03:16 PM   #89
dinlong
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 23E4EE09
Carrier: T-MOBILE

I am having the same problem with viewing images in emails. All I get is a placeholder that has an image name (ie: ebay_95x39).

The images are turned on in options, and I have no problems with images on the internet. I am not on BES.

I have forwarded an example email to your support team.

Aside from that the program works great! I have turned off auto-more until the next update and now have no more reverting to text.

Thanks,
Caanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani View Post
Yes eric, it will decrease the size if we chuck out the color, fonts, and preview options.. While we were aware of the fact that any such option we add increases the size, in this case we have taken care so that even with the color options, fonts and the auto-preview - all implemented, the file size has really gone up by less than 1 kb.. i think at the end of the day its a balance we developers have to strike, giving users an option to personalize while giving them a compact cod as well.. hard to do, but have to do..

I have taken note of the issue about image not opening up, and I am working out the same. Pls give us sometime and we will sure fix it up. Also, if we can have a sample (perhaps a not so important) email where this image issues is happening it will help us a bit in tracking it better.. if anyone can contribute with one such email, that will be great.. pm or fwd it to [email address]
Old 06-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #90
ani

thanks dinlong, we have received your email. Thanks to deejaycious also, we received your email as well. We are working on this, will have some headway soon.

unrelated: interestingly, both the emails that are not able to display images are from the same online merchant!

- Ani.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #91
Entropy666

Model: 8310
PIN: 24311b91
Thumbs up

I just updated our review of the new Beta of Empower. Overall I like the improvements and find that they developers are very responsive to everybody's feedback. I am looking forward to the next release.

Link to new review:
Beta Review Update: Empower HTML Email Viewer for BlackBerry - New Release | BerryReview

Ani, As a heads up emails from TigerDirect, SharperImage, Dell, HP, godaddy, american airlines, and continental do not work with the viewer. Is there an email address you would want us to send these to? (I dont want to spam [email address])

Last edited by Entropy666; 06-20-2007 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: additions
Old 06-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #92
ani

entropy, thanks for the update. Yes, that will great. If the emails are not personal or something you can fwd it to my personal email id - i m PMing u just after i write this post..

also, thanks for your feedback in the review. we have taken note of the suggestions and will surely try to implement them in our forthcoming updates.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:52 AM   #93
BobMarley
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default I get this too!

I noticed that with small emails, it's fine, but with larger emails(more data), the email has to fully download, before it can render correctly. So, if you are having problems, wait a bit, for the email to fully download, then move the trackball. it won't always work, I think it won't when you have the MORE option.

just my observations...
Hope it helps for the debugging...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinlong View Post
I am having the same problem with viewing images in emails. All I get is a placeholder that has an image name (ie: ebay_95x39).

The images are turned on in options, and I have no problems with images on the internet. I am not on BES.

I have forwarded an example email to your support team.

Aside from that the program works great! I have turned off auto-more until the next update and now have no more reverting to text.

Thanks,
Caanan
Motorola TimePort: 98 - 02
Motorola Microtac: 92 - 98
Old 06-21-2007, 01:12 AM   #94
Jaime

Model: 8310
Carrier: Claro Chile

Hi, the email is html formatted, but I can't see any picture. Am I missing something?

BR
Jaime
Old 06-21-2007, 01:37 AM   #95
blakeatl
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: T-mobile

Oh wow! I just downloaded empower and I can actually listen to my voip voicemails (wav) on my phone now. I like the rendering of html and I saw the switching back to bb view, but I just chose to toggle between the two and it reads them fine now.

Last edited by blakeatl; 06-21-2007 at 01:39 AM..
Old 06-21-2007, 01:10 PM   #96
maximax
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeatl View Post
Oh wow! I just downloaded empower and I can actually listen to my voip voicemails (wav) on my phone now. .
cool ! Same here, i like how nicely it integrates with the native app. Esp I can see the attachments right there in empower. Big plus.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #97
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Just see an update to .35. Not sure what is different but does seem to be holding without jumping out of the view now. Still does not page but once with the space key.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:45 PM   #98
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Well guess I will have to amend my last post as it still drops out on large emails. Oh well, maybe next update.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #99
bruceweinstein
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default Cool app but seeing following issues

Seems when I scroll down from header of email it reverts to text. And I am not seeing images in the email.

I just downloaded email viewer from Get Empowered. How do I ensure the version is correct?
Old 06-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #100
Implex
No longer Registered.

Model: 7100T
Carrier: At&T

thats a known issue .. those guys are working on it ..
give them some time

they will do something
Closed Thread