Old 05-20-2005, 07:37 PM   #1
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO
Default Two email addy's on BES

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I just about got my 7290 completely running. The comppany will add me to the BES next week. However, for most of the people in the company I have a pager address as well as an email address. To send to their pagers I have to load it like an email (pin@skytel.com). This is working great. The problem is I don't see a place to load a second email address. Any suggestions?

Also, how can I get it to populate as an option when sending them a message? For instance, when I send a message now I can choose a person and it will offer me all the availible methods of sending to that person be it voice, email, sms etc...
Old 05-20-2005, 08:25 PM   #2
mark.hogan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmobile
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
Hello,

I just about got my 7290 completely running. The comppany will add me to the BES next week. However, for most of the people in the company I have a pager address as well as an email address. To send to their pagers I have to load it like an email (pin@skytel.com). This is working great. The problem is I don't see a place to load a second email address. Any suggestions?

Also, how can I get it to populate as an option when sending them a message? For instance, when I send a message now I can choose a person and it will offer me all the availible methods of sending to that person be it voice, email, sms etc...
Where dont you see a space for a secone email...in the address book? If so while in the address book in teh edit mode click the wheel and zoom down to add address...there ya go, here we are...
Old 05-20-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
Soapm

That's what I needed. Thanks!

Now I need a suggestion, I have pager numbers in my old Skytel pager and email addresses in my outlook contacts. I can sync my pager with outlook and I can sync the BB with outlook. How can I mesh common names together so that the final product will be like John Doe [email address] and [email address] + what ever phone numbers I have on some people
Old 05-21-2005, 01:46 AM   #4
mark.hogan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
That's what I needed. Thanks!

Now I need a suggestion, I have pager numbers in my old Skytel pager and email addresses in my outlook contacts. I can sync my pager with outlook and I can sync the BB with outlook. How can I mesh common names together so that the final product will be like John Doe [email address] and [email address] + what ever phone numbers I have on some people
I think you may need to do that with csv files and excell...but thats a guess
You might try exporting the outlook book to a csv file, the pager to a csv, then merging them and reloading it all to outlook.
Not being there it would be my guess, but there are a lot more knowledgble persons on this list that I'm sure are better suited to help.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:41 AM   #5
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.hogan
I think you may need to do that with csv files and excell...but thats a guess
You might try exporting the outlook book to a csv file, the pager to a csv, then merging them and reloading it all to outlook.
Not being there it would be my guess, but there are a lot more knowledgble persons on this list that I'm sure are better suited to help.
I could send you my address and that would solve the not here part of my problem. Maybe an excel file will be worth fooling with so I will give that a shot.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:16 PM   #6
barstow

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

I had to set up one o my clients on a BB 7250, He was moving from an old Sharp organizer. Thats how I combined all his data. Exported the Sharp's information to a csv file and when you import it into Outlook it asks you the mappings you want each column to go under.

It worked for him, I'm sure it will wok for you too. By default the import feature is not installed with Outlook/Office installs so make sure you have your cd handy when you import if you have never imported anything before.

Barstow
Old 05-22-2005, 04:47 AM   #7
Soapm

Talk about a lot of work, I merged my pager, cell phone, work and home address books into one xls file. The cell phone only had mobile and maybe a home or work number. The home address book usually had home email address while the work address book had work email addresses. Then there was the pager, it had a lot of number that was not in my other books because I always had it with me which was more that I can say for pen and paper.

Now I am combining all the entries into one list. 4 hours now and I am on the C's. This is going to be work!
Closed Thread