BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #1
ElKluTz

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Curve is my first BB. It is near perfect less internet browsing and ATT service quality. Its painfully slow and page views are not up to 2007 standards. I've come to accept the poor display of web content...after all instant email and phone where the determining factors in my purchase. I live in SoCal and call quality is sad at best. Verizon had me spoiled. I've had more calls failed and dropped in these last few days than throughout my years of Verizon service.I love this phone, and am hoping that someone can give me some insight into improving my service...at the very least a method of improving the antiquated voice reception. Even the new Helios have blazing internet speeds and great call quality and they are just getting started as apposed to the behemoth that is ATT. Help lead me down the road to BB addiction before it is too late and I say good bye to ATT. I am in the O.C. so I hope that it is not due to my location.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
f0ld

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: the new AT&T

Well, I can't say for sure in your case, but locally here I get pretty good service from T-Mobile on my Curve. Call quality is great, download speeds are good for a cell phone in my opinion. However my wife has AT&T and her call reliability and service in many areas is weak at best. She has to go outside to make or take a call from her apartment. I get good reception there with an old Sprint phone, previous BlackBerry (8100) and the Curve now. Long story short, AT&T service seems to be lacking in a lot of areas, especially residential. Granted I live in Florida and 3,000 miles away your situation could vary greatly. It's not your phone, though, IMO. Good luck with getting this fixed.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
sigmamason
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 22BFEE32
Carrier: AT&T

1) swap your curve for a new one and see if that helps...
2) if that doesn't help, look to tmobile, sprint or verizon as they all have blackberrys and at&t doesn't currently suit your needs.
3) be prepared to look to at&t again if they ever get their head out their rear and resume putting up towers in your area.
Travel Light!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #4
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Hmmmmm...provider service seems to be a lot like real estate. It's "location, location & location".

I am in the Ozarks...Missouri to be specific, and Verizon is virtually nonexistant here. AT&T and T-Mobile are both popular as far as BlackBerry providers, with AT&T getting the nod as most used. I have never had a single issue with AT&T and either call quality or EDGE performance at all...with not only my current BlackBerry devices, but also with my previous Treo smartphones as well. I have several friends who use T-Mobile, and are not nearly as satisfied...and all have BlackBerry 8800's.

My Curve is plenty fast browsing the web, and gets excellent phone call quality and reception. My advice would be to call AT&T technical services from a landline, and have then do a "re-register" of your service. That basically means that they wipe you totally off the service...then re-establish your service, repositioning you to new towers. It was the savior for me when I was using my Treo...and it just might be what the doctor ordered for you and your BlackBerry too.

Good luck!!
Closed Thread