Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:36 AM   #61
ZeroKool
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
PIN: nope
Carrier: verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Freekn Awesome. Into the data center I go to try this good stuff out.

Thanks baltee.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:04 AM   #62
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks, Baltee, I'm sure there will be questions...
Old 07-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #63
karaokesuperstar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: EAPPLE
Carrier: Tmo

lmao @ the people who said it couldn't be done... sigh, ignorance is bliss sometimes... Thanks for the post up baltee!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:51 AM   #64
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokesuperstar View Post
lmao @ the people who said it couldn't be done... sigh, ignorance is bliss sometimes... Thanks for the post up baltee!
But if your out and about you still cant browse with out a data plan. So its not really a viable option for full use of the BB with out a data plan. So in all reality you are still tied to a lap top or desk top somewhere. If thats the case I might as well use my laptop or desk top.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #65
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Yea I agree. If it works, (and I have no reason to doubt it, I just don't need nor care to test it--I have a data plan) then it is only usable in specific locations where you have setup the hardware and DM, etc., to accept it. It is not a viable workaround for on-the-fly use.

Use the Dr. Seuss Test:
on a boat? no
with a goat? no
in the rain? no
on a train? no
in a tree? no
in a box? maybe
with a fox? maybe, under certain conditions
in a house? yes
with a mouse? possible
here or there? possible
ANYWHERE? no
Old 07-26-2007, 12:15 PM   #66
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Quote:
It STILL can't be done for what a NORMAL BB user need / want the device for.... Don't laugh to hard....

Kris
Old 07-26-2007, 12:33 PM   #67
karaokesuperstar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
It STILL can't be done for what a NORMAL BB user need / want the device for.... Don't laugh to hard....

Kris
Must have touched a sensitive spot there eh?
Old 07-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #68
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Must have touched a sensitive spot there eh?
I have no sensitive spots... You are laughing and attempting to slam others who said it can't be done... I still say it can't be done, and it can't.... The BB is meant to be a MOBILE device not shackled to a PC and DM for functionality....

Kris
Old 07-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #69
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
I have no sensitive spots... You are laughing and attempting to slam others who said it can't be done... I still say it can't be done, and it can't.... The BB is meant to be a MOBILE device not shackled to a PC and DM for functionality....

Kris
ditto It cant be done in a true mobile situation
Old 07-26-2007, 01:04 PM   #70
tgeekb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 2448FC02
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Yea I agree. If it works, (and I have no reason to doubt it, I just don't need nor care to test it--I have a data plan) then it is only usable in specific locations where you have setup the hardware and DM, etc., to accept it. It is not a viable workaround for on-the-fly use.

Use the Dr. Seuss Test:
on a boat? no
with a goat? no
in the rain? no
on a train? no
in a tree? no
in a box? maybe
with a fox? maybe, under certain conditions
in a house? yes
with a mouse? possible
here or there? possible
ANYWHERE? no
That is both creative and funny as heck!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #71
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

'It' is over my head but not so much that this casual observer will point out the obvious, that 'it' doesn't sound to me what the OP was asking for.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #72
karaokesuperstar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

'It' is over my head but not so much that this casual observer will point out the obvious, that 'it' doesn't sound to me what the OP was asking for.
This is what the OP asked: DOES ANYONE KNOW TO GET FREE WEB BROWSING WITHOUT DATA PLAN .

The question was answered, someone came up with a solution that has it's limitations.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #73
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
This is what the OP asked: DOES ANYONE KNOW TO GET FREE WEB BROWSING WITHOUT DATA PLAN .

The question was answered, someone came up with a solution that has it's limitations.
but its not waht they asked for you can use it unless there is a computer you have access to. So if you dont have access you dont have browsing. So its not really what hes looking for.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #74
kankanman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmo

was curious to see what baltee's system was after all that waiting for an answer. it's a nice setup and im sure people will use that.

however, i dont think it constitutes the "free web browsing without a data plan". you're stuck to a comp so why not use the computer instead. until the next guy finds a way to do it or attempts to prove wrong, there's still no way to do it without a data plan.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:12 PM   #75
b_d0za
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Wow

Why is it that at least 75% or so of the people who own a blackberry seem like rich snobby a-holes?

I get so tired of people saying oh you're dumb, this isn't the phone for you. You should have bought a Nokia or something. STFU and get a life.

As far as I'm concerned my blackberry is nicer than a nokia with or without the dataplan.

Don't get me wrong, though. I was hoping to add a dataplan but was denied. I have a limited account with T-mobile and can only spend $50 a month. My plan is $39.99 so they won't let me add it unless I go down a plan which would give me less minutes.

If it is indeed possible to access internet for free on my blackberry, I would love to find out about it without having to read countless numbers of annoying posts from countless numbers of annoying people.

Thank you.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #76
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_d0za View Post
Why is it that at least 75% or so of the people who own a blackberry seem like rich snobby a-holes?

I get so tired of people saying oh you're dumb, this isn't the phone for you. You should have bought a Nokia or something. STFU and get a life.

As far as I'm concerned my blackberry is nicer than a nokia with or without the dataplan.

Don't get me wrong, though. I was hoping to add a dataplan but was denied. I have a limited account with T-mobile and can only spend $50 a month. My plan is $39.99 so they won't let me add it unless I go down a plan which would give me less minutes.

If it is indeed possible to access internet for free on my blackberry, I would love to find out about it without having to read countless numbers of annoying posts from countless numbers of annoying people.

Thank you.
Where did all this nokia stuff come from. As far as annoying you post was very much annoying and I am far from rich.

If I am an ahole its good i used to be a SOB. so I am geting better
Old 07-26-2007, 03:23 PM   #77
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_d0za View Post

Thank you.
1st of all you need to relax and chill with the foul language... Next, the solution offered here DOES nothing... If it has to be connected to a PC to work then why bother with all this and just use the Internet connection of the PC, on the PC...

This entire thread is a WASTE, it offers little to nothing as the BlackBerry IS A MOBILE DEVICE...

Next, if you don't like reading posts from certain people then block them! Try it out on me and you will see that none of my posts are viewable to you....

Have a nice day!

Kris
Old 07-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #78
parisot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: Doesn’t matter
Carrier: Centennial

Quote:
1st of all you need to relax and chill with the foul language... Next, the solution offered here DOES nothing... If it has to be connected to a PC to work then why bother with all this and just use the Internet connection of the PC, on the PC...

This entire thread is a WASTE, it offers little to nothing as the BlackBerry IS A MOBILE DEVICE...

Next, if you don't like reading posts from certain people then block them! Try it out on me and you will see that none of my posts are viewable to you....

Have a nice day!

Kris
I can see still see why he would do this. If he wanted to download an application that was OTA only this would be one way to do it.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:35 PM   #79
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisot View Post
I can see still see why he would do this. If he wanted to download an application that was OTA only this would be one way to do it.
Yes but how many applications are available in OTA only? If you do not have a data plan then what applications can you really use on the BB? A few yes and they all can be installed via DM...

Now having said that.... I am on Linux and can't use DM.. It's either OTA or use a Win machine for me... Will his fix work for me on Linux? NOPE, once again you need DM installed....

As I stated earlier... The BlackBerry is a mobile device.... It is not intended to be handcuffed to a PC in order to achive functionality...

Kris
Old 07-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #80
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Yes but how many applications are available in OTA only? If you do not have a data plan then what applications can you really use on the BB? A few yes and they all can be installed via DM...

Now having said that.... I am on Linux and can't use DM.. It's either OTA or use a Win machine for me... Will his fix work for me on Linux? NOPE, once again you need DM installed....

As I stated earlier... The BlackBerry is a mobile device.... It is not intended to be handcuffed to a PC in order to achive functionality...

Kris
very well stated
Closed Thread