BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 06:00 AM   #1
kellysheroes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default Sports Live Stat Tracking... what services.

Please Login to Remove!

I have been going nutz the past 3 days to find a service that gives Live updates of not just the score; but of all Stats. Heres what I found so far.

Berry411 - sends you to a wedsite that shows what is currently go on in the game.. did not auto refrsh for me.
Pocket Express - Refreshed the scores of the games nicely; but when you went into the game... didn't auto refresh and was missing key details (whoes on base, AB, etc)
ESPN.Mobi - type this in your browser. Didn't refresh the scorse of the games, but does have auto refresh option once you choose the game. Had everything Pocket Express didn't have (for example Jeter walked, AB: ARod; ARod doubled to 2nd, Jeter to 3rd).. but it lacked other stats that PE cobtained.

so the best I came up with is to have both apps on and just switch back and forth. Does anyone know of an app that does all this in one?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
crypto
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysheroes View Post
I have been going nutz the past 3 days to find a service that gives Live updates of not just the score; but of all Stats. Heres what I found so far.

Berry411 - sends you to a wedsite that shows what is currently go on in the game.. did not auto refrsh for me.
Pocket Express - Refreshed the scores of the games nicely; but when you went into the game... didn't auto refresh and was missing key details (whoes on base, AB, etc)
ESPN.Mobi - type this in your browser. Didn't refresh the scorse of the games, but does have auto refresh option once you choose the game. Had everything Pocket Express didn't have (for example Jeter walked, AB: ARod; ARod doubled to 2nd, Jeter to 3rd).. but it lacked other stats that PE cobtained.

so the best I came up with is to have both apps on and just switch back and forth. Does anyone know of an app that does all this in one?
how often do the score refresh on pocket express cuz i can only find the refresh option to refresh every four hours and thats too long apart.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #3
kellysheroes
Thumbs Must Hurt

I don't know... I kind of moved on from pocket express.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:45 AM   #4
crypto
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysheroes View Post
I don't know... I kind of moved on from pocket express.
so what do you use?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:40 AM   #5
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

I just use the ESPN link installed on the Tmob browser. It autorefreshes games I choose, I can get all the stats of that game, and choose other games. It'll send txt of final scores or players if you want.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
kellysheroes
Thumbs Must Hurt

so far... heres what I found for websites and apps.

Websites

ESPN.go.com/wireless/palm/index.com - pretty go stat site.. showed pitch by pitch... had to manual refresh. One of the best Websites for stats

mini.mobileplay sports - another great website... linked to mobile versions of MLB.com and NFL.com.

Applications
Berry411 - sends you to a website that shows what is currently go on in the game.. did not auto refrsh for me. Did not like this format at all.

Pocket Express - Refreshed the scores of the games nicely; but when you went into the game... didn't auto refresh and was missing key details (whoes on base, AB, etc). This is good when you combine it with another website... just switch back and forth.

e-mobile - have not used this... $20 charge.. I can not find a review for it and I'm not going to pay $20 for something without a trail period.

Pocketday Sports - some people seem to like this... $40 a yr is WAY too much for me. However it does offer a $4 a month service so I may sign up for during the 3 months of Fantasy Football... that way if I don't like; I can just dump it.

Foxsports seem to offer an app for exactly what we're looking for... however its not compatiable for the Pearl yet.

MLBtracker and NFLtracker... I download both and could not get either too work.

if anyone cares to add to this... please do so..
Thanks

Last edited by kellysheroes; 08-06-2007 at 02:15 PM..
Old 08-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
Entropy666
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: 24311b91

Yes I would second PocketDay sports. I found the tracking worked like a charm with autorefresh periods. I know it costs for the subscription but I love my sports so its worth it for me. You may want to also check out Viigo since they sometimes have rss feeds for certain sports. Never used it so I cannot comment but a friend of mine used it to track baseball. If you want i can try and find out more
Old 08-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #8
TheBigNewt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

My FF uses CBS sportsline. I could change my lineup last year, but that was it. They had a BB deal a couple years ago, but what about now for Tmob? I'd like to be able to use the chat from the pearl because on gameday half our league is on it.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #9
Helmdawg

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
My FF uses CBS sportsline. I could change my lineup last year, but that was it. They had a BB deal a couple years ago, but what about now for Tmob? I'd like to be able to use the chat from the pearl because on gameday half our league is on it.
I use this as well for FF. However, the live scoring and roster changes etc.. via BB will be a charge through T-Mobile. As of today, the amount is TBD.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #10
koleary19067

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
I use this as well for FF. However, the live scoring and roster changes etc.. via BB will be a charge through T-Mobile. As of today, the amount is TBD.

I dont think any BB suppports the CBS FF Companion. The last year I believe was 2005
Old 08-30-2007, 09:53 AM   #11
kellysheroes
Thumbs Must Hurt

bump
Old 08-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #12
noodleduece
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 23EF310A
Carrier: tmoble
Default sports

I use espn and cant complain about the auto update.
can complain that kellysheroes shount use yankees as an example.
GO GIANTS!!!! (and yes i know that they are the third worst in the NL right now)
For my FF i use Yahoo. Not too pleased with it it seems slower than most and all i can do is pick my starters (boring!!)
Closed Thread