Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:23 AM   #1
kmfdmvic

Model: 8100C
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTC Kuwait
Unhappy Caller at other end of phone cannot hear me

Please Login to Remove!

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem or knows a fix. I own a Pearl and just a few days ago the outgoing voice audio went kaput. When I call someone or they call me I can hear them fine, but they cannot hear me. Almost as if I might have accidentally muted the outgoing voice option somehow. The same thing happened with my 7130 that I had right before I purchased the Pearl.
Any help finding the problem is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:29 AM   #2
ksellers914
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

I had the same problem a while back, but it was only with certain people in my address book. Finally I realized that it was only the people that I had set up with an answer tone. (When they call me, and my phone is ringing, they hear a song chosen by me, instead of the normal, ring, ring that we all hear.)
Once I deleted the answer tones on my AT&T account, it worked fine. Hope this helps!
Old 09-21-2007, 06:51 AM   #3
kmfdmvic

Model: 8100C
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTC Kuwait
Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately that is not the case here. I have no subscribed carrier service. I work in the Middle East and the Pearl I purchased was unlocked from the states. As I travel I just change SIM cards.
The persons at the other end of the calls cannot here anything. It is just complete silence. I thought that it might be my mute button located on the upper left corner, but the red x on phone icon is not present when this occurs. I even played with pressing it multiple times during test calling and still no remedy. I seem to recall that I had dropped it prior to the start of this, but it was only about a 2ft fall onto a linoleum floor. Maybe the drop damaged the mic or something. I am so desperate to get it working again, because at the moment I am using a SLVR as a temp replacement phone and it is awful. Not user firendly at all and texts take 20x as long to type.
Closed Thread