BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #1
Ohlias

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers
Default Can't Load ANYTHING with Desktop Manager...

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, or what to do to try and fix it. I've got a 8310 from Rogers on a BES Domino system from work. I've managed to load software on it OTA, but some stuff is only available online and I can't install the .ALX files from the DM software. I've tried with the unit both ON mass storage mode or OFF mass storage, but to no avail!

I constantly get the "No Additional applicatios for your device were found" error...

Is there any way to troubleshoot?

TIA
Old 09-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
cwiet1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I'm in the same boat. I loaded all my programs OTA but can't using manager. I even reinstalled and installed the bb manager from the bb website. Need help!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
Ohlias

Model: 8310

I've tried this from two separate PCs both running XP Pro (one a dell laptop and the other a compaq desktop)... so it's not the install. I'm running the latest version of DM downloaded from RIM... :(
Old 09-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

The "no additional programs" can indicate that you do not have the Handheld OS loaded onto your PC. This is a secondary piece of software in addition to the Desktop Manager. You load Desktop Manager, then you load the Handheld OS onto your PC.

See Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ for information on the Handheld OS.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
bonjoey

Model: 8100
PIN: 205993FB

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Because you don't have to OS installed in your pc. I'm in the same boat, I just have to wait until rogers release it or you can install vodafone nz OS but its version is 151, rogers is 163. Some people says there's no noticable difference but for me, I'm sticking with the newer one.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:13 PM   #6
tomdkat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550

I had the same problem with my vista machine. I was able to load programs using my macbook pro
Old 09-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
rjdoc74

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
The "no additional programs" can indicate that you do not have the Handheld OS loaded onto your PC. This is a secondary piece of software in addition to the Desktop Manager. You load Desktop Manager, then you load the Handheld OS onto your PC.

See Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ for information on the Handheld OS.
I am having the same problem with my new 8230 from T-mobile. I loaded the DM and the device is connected through USB, but when I open loader it says:

"The BB desktop software does not have BB device software for the device you've connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"

Help! How do you load device OS on to the PC and where do you get it from?
Old 09-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #8
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Unfortunately the posting of Handheld OS software lags the actual device. I have not seen the software for the 8320 posted anywhere.
Closed Thread