BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 01:20 AM   #1
bhartsb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Default Blackberry Users: reply and send e-mails 8X faster using voice and your own staff.

Please Login to Remove!

Previously I posted a call for Blackberry users to provide me some feedback regarding a proposed service allowing users to seamlessly voice dictate their Blackberry e-mails which my startup company plans to make available. That service is getting close to being ready. However, there is a new variation, that utilizes an organizations own staff, I wish to run by Blackberry users. I have a simple 6 question survey that will take at most 1 minute to reply to. I have really no other way to survey Blackberry users other than to directly ask for this help (I need it for my investors). Whether interested or not your responses are very helpful me, so please do my survey:

Click here for survey

Survey Description:
This purpose of this survey is to gather information from Blackberry users, within an organization, about whether or not they would want to utilize EXA's "Mobilize" solution. Mobilize allows organizations to support sending and responding to e-mails on mobile devices by speaking instead of typing with the keypad. The messages are transcribed by utilizing an organization's own internal employees to transcribe. The internal employee could be a secretary, or a receptionist person, or it could be the colleague taking over calls while you are out of the office. One or more transcribers can be supporting as few, or as many other people, as assigned across the organization. (Note: generally speaking this should not result in any need to hire additional staff, rather it makes existing staff more available in a support role, particularly for the convenience of employees needing to quickly send mobile SMS or e-mail correspondence)

The person transcribing does not have to know anything about who the e-mail is from, or who it is directed to, as software takes care of that. For the person doing the transcribing there is a running but minimized application that unobtrusively alerts when a voice e-mail segment is awaiting, and then he/she can use hot key to pop up a window, listen to the voice segment, and transcribe. Once done the window minimizes automatically allowing the person to continue with other work.

The service will work with all other phones via dial-in. Extreme Advance plans to license Mobilize on a subscription basis where transcribers are internal to the organization. It will also offer per minute:second usage subscriptions for cases where companies don't wish to use their own employees to transcribe.

There is also a Desktop dictation application that can be used on the Desktop to allow instructions, voice memos (to be transcribed etc.) to be routed to appropriate employee resources.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #2
bhartsb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Default Probably will add support for SMS

Probably will add support for SMS also
Closed Thread