Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 08:59 AM   #1
sgm-co
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: verizon
Default bb reply follow up

Please Login to Remove!

Installed BBreply. Pretty simple to choose which address you want the reply to come from. However it doesn't seem to be working for me. I set up 4 difference email addresses in BBreply and still comes up as my main email address. Using the BWC and and the moment I have it set to my default reply email address. Tried setting it back to the vzw.blackberry.net email address but that just changed the from address to the BB address not my BBreply addresses. Do I need to use the redirector? Currently I have my domain forwarding mail to my bb address.

Suggestions?

TX

SGM-CO
Old 06-01-2005, 01:19 AM   #2
WNO
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

Have you tried replying to your test e-mails? The e-mails you send from your BB will still appear to be from your main addr, but any replies to those e-mails will be sent to the addrs you designate in BBreply. Apparently, RIM currently does not provide a way for the "from" address to be changed on the fly (except if you go through the redirector, which allows you to choose between your Exchange addr and your BWC addr).
Old 06-01-2005, 01:40 AM   #3
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900

You also have to check the BIS site. I may be where that address is coming from.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:57 PM   #4
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

having the same problem.. Nextel BB7520 .. even though i set the BBReply addressess, and i choose an address when sending a message it still send as my bb address.. if you reply to the message it will NOT send to the reply to set as WNO says..

from what i understand there is no need to fiddle with the BWC at all .. am i wrong?

still looking for a fix..

thanks in advance

Friends Dont Let Friends Call Nextel BlackBerry Support, They Direct Them To The Friendly BlackBerryForums.Com Support..

PIN: 40082120
Old 06-17-2005, 01:59 PM   #5
Gavinfoxx
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: n/a

<begin tongue in cheek>

pcnetgeek, I take offense to your sig! After all, I happen to be BOTH...

<end tongue in cheek>
Old 06-17-2005, 02:53 PM   #6
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Talking

Hang him lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx
<begin tongue in cheek>

<end tongue in cheek>
Old 06-17-2005, 03:27 PM   #7
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx
<begin tongue in cheek>

<end tongue in cheek>
I normally only try to speak the truth I don't bite my tongue about it either

Now back to topic.. Anyone have a fix?

Friends Dont Let Friends Call Nextel BlackBerry Support, They Direct Them To The Friendly BlackBerryForums.Com Support..

Old 06-17-2005, 04:48 PM   #8
Soapm

Do you have BES? I noticed when I had BES it overrode the BBReply settings...
Old 06-17-2005, 06:20 PM   #9
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

no BES, Nextel..

Old 06-17-2005, 08:38 PM   #10
Gavinfoxx
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: n/a

it's crazy! soooo many of the cool features need bes 4.0...talk your workplace into getting it, heh...
Old 06-17-2005, 08:49 PM   #11
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

not my workplace's unit. personally owned.. so without BES this wont work?

Old 06-17-2005, 11:38 PM   #12
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcnetgeek
having the same problem.. Nextel BB7520 .. even though i set the BBReply addressess, and i choose an address when sending a message it still send as my bb address.. if you reply to the message it will NOT send to the reply to set as WNO says..
What is WNO? How do you know it is not coming to the reply address? Did you check the address of the messages in the inbox in BWC to see the actual address?

Quote:
from what i understand there is no need to fiddle with the BWC at all .. am i wrong?
Wrong, in BWC on the profile tab there is a setting that says, "Sent From Address". If you don't override the BB address in this field it will always display you BB address. BBReply only changes the address it will reply to not the address that displays in the from field.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:02 AM   #13
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
What is WNO? How do you know it is not coming to the reply address? Did you check the address of the messages in the inbox in BWC to see the actual address?

Wrong, in BWC on the profile tab there is a setting that says, "Sent From Address". If you don't override the BB address in this field it will always display you BB address. BBReply only changes the address it will reply to not the address that displays in the from field.
soap, read the user names.. WNO was the second poster in this thread..

your question is kind of a silly one, no pun intended..

How do you know it is not coming to the reply address?

becase when you reply to a message it is sent to my BB eventhough i set the reply-to (bbreply) address different then my BB nextel.blackberry.net address

Did you check the address of the messages in the inbox in BWC to see the actual address?

all you have to do is look in any email client the properties of the sender and you can see who sent it

So in order to have the bbreply at all, you must change the default bb address to anything other then the bb blackberry.net address and then bbreply will then work?

Old 06-19-2005, 10:05 AM   #14
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

i thought that was the whole idea of the bbreply app. change the reply to so you have to mess around in the bwc..

Old 06-19-2005, 02:17 PM   #15
Soapm

Quote:
soap, read the user names.. WNO was the second poster in this thread..

your question is kind of a silly one, no pun intended..
I knew that, I was just seeing if you knew?

Quote:
How do you know it is not coming to the reply address?

becase when you reply to a message it is sent to my BB eventhough i set the reply-to (bbreply) address different then my BB nextel.blackberry.net address
I assume this address is not associated in your BIS? Are you using BES? If so then it is a whole new ball of wax.

Quote:

So in order to have the bbreply at all, you must change the default bb address to anything other then the bb blackberry.net address and then bbreply will then work
Not really, I found that if you don't change your sent from address it will look like it came from your BB addy but it will reply to the addy of your choosing. Don't confuse the from addy with where it will reply to. From what I've seen, BB reply only changes the reply to address and not the from. Let me explain how I use it;

I have three addies coming to my BB...

[email address]
[email address]
[email address]

my sent from address is set to my work. Yes, this means all the messages I send from my BB look like they came from my work. This is ok (not ideal) since it accounts for two of my three addies and I do very little personal stuff on my BB.

However, it is important they reply to my pager addy when I am doing pager conversations. Why? Because I have a filter set so anything sent to [email address] will forward as a level one message so I get the bells and whistles going off. When I send to a pager I set the reply to [email address] to make this happen. So to them it looks like it came from [email address] but when they reply it goes to [email address]. It also makes my personal messages go to my home pop3 account. This is what BBReply does for me.

I did notice that when I was on BES, BBReply didn't seem to be able to override my work addy. Might have just been me but everything I sent through BES always returned to my work addy. So to combat this, each time I sent a message, I scrolled to the top and made sure it was set to webclient instead of BES. By the way, I had changed the name of my BES account to BES in desktop manager and that fed to my BB. This made it easy to distinguish anything BES from anything Webclient...
Old 06-20-2005, 01:55 AM   #16
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

no BES here.. dont know what a BIS is..

i have changed the sent from address in the BWC to any of the accounts i have there and then set the bbreply.. still doesnt work.. i have spoken to another nextel user trying to get the same thing to work but with no success, the same as me..

im tossing in the towel with this as no one else is seeming to assist aither which suggests that its either been sai dbefore, it doesnt work with nextel or we have unfriendly users; which the latter i doubt..

thanks for the help..

Old 06-20-2005, 11:25 AM   #17
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

here goes the fix to what i was having problems with.. but i guess i couldnt get a fix from someone because i wasnt referencing pocketday ..

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=10519

Old 06-20-2005, 09:53 PM   #18
Soapm

Glad you found a fix. Was this part what fixed it for you?

For PocketDay, it's the reply-to address field on the webclient that must be blank, not the from field. You can't change the from address.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:11 PM   #19
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

yes, reply-to .. thanks again all

Closed Thread