Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
jenfavre
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Missing email notifier option in profiles

Please Login to Remove!

I spent 2 hours on the phone with T-Mobile yesterday for an issue they were unable to resolve, but in the process I now seem to have lost my email notifiers under profiles. When I edit any profile, there is no longer an option to change the notifier for incoming email messages (I used to have 2 accounts available there, my blackberry email address and my gmail).

The only change I made to the phone while on with support was to have the service books resent. Does anybody know how to get this option back? After 6 techs and being hung up on twice in 2 hours, I am loathe to call T-Mobile ever again.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Hmmm..... did they have you delete service books??? Are you a BIS user? If so login to the BIS site and resend service books. You should then see them and will be able to change.

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 09-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
jenfavre

They had me delete service books and then the tech resent them from his end. I'm becoming more wary of making any changes to the phone because it seems changing one thing breaks something else! But if I wanted to resend the service books, how would I go about doing it? Is it something I can do from tmobile.com?
Old 09-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #4
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfavre View Post
They had me delete service books and then the tech resent them from his end. I'm becoming more wary of making any changes to the phone because it seems changing one thing breaks something else! But if I wanted to resend the service books, how would I go about doing it? Is it something I can do from tmobile.com?

Yes....go here....

https://my.t-mobile.com/Login/Default.aspx

Resend your service books. It will not change or break anything I can assure you! It will be Ok! I'm betting that in addition to not being able to set the notification that you are not receiving your email (which is not a good thing). Resend the service books and you will get a congrats email on your phone for each account you have configured. You will then be able to change the notifications. If email still doesn't come then while your phone is on pull the battery and re-insert. you should be good to go!

P.S. My guess is they did not send the Service Books for you email. But it's all good cause you can do it yourself without holding waiting for a rep!

Good Luck!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 09-28-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
jenfavre

Whew! That was painless and easy and I have my notification options back (by the way, I was receiving email, just no notification of its arrival). Thank you SO much. I'm sure it would have taken another 60 minutes of my life I'd never get back had I called T-Mobile.
Closed Thread