Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #61
Nixxta
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Everything is fine with them. I can't speak for the past, but I got mine today and the rebate was included. I had mine sent overnight.

Last edited by Nixxta; 10-02-2007 at 08:54 PM..
Old 10-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #62
avanden
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

At least through AT&T you get a $100 rebate.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #63
evmonk

So I just checked this deal again (my 14 day return period on the 8320 I paid $325 for is about to expire) and got some new info.

1) It appears the 2-6 week wait period is over. It now says "Availability: In Stock." Has anyone received their 8320 from Amazon yet?

2) As I went through the process of buying this just for fun, I realized that they make you sign a 2-year contract with T-Mobile. Is this the case no matter what? If so I'm not going to return my device and start over because I will never sign another 2-year contract in my life.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:07 AM   #64
USNAVY
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm showing 18 to 30 OCT delivery estimate, I ordered on the 29th of SEP.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #65
ajm

I ordered from Amazon on Sep 26 and I am now unable to cancel/modify my invoice! They also charged my credit card today. That means that they will probably ship soon, much sooner than they originally estimated. My order now says:

Shipment #1: Shipping Soon: We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. Need information on returning an item?
Delivery estimate: October 17, 2007 - October 30, 2007 (More about estimates)

If I'm lucky, it'll instead ship Oct 4 and deliver Oct 9. Hooray!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #66
boobybabymommy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

See I ordered the phones on Saturday and of course they wont ship the phones untill you are aproved which takes 48-72 hours then after that they ship them, i was lucky to find out on sunday about the 8310 coming to AT&T from a reliable source so i went ahead on monday and cancelled since my order status was also the same as yours, so i called amazon andi cancelled my order, of course the day after i cancelled it i got an email saying i wasnt aproved, the only reason that showed up was because cancelling before being aproved, anyways thats what they told me but they said i was aproved but since i cancelled it showed rejected. maybe if you call costumer service, that might help.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #67
dwc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: tmob

FWIW - I pulled the trigger with Venicom (link above).

With Venicom you can go with a one-year contract if you want. Adds $50 to the total, so the phone cost jumps to $75 after rebate. (similar to Amazon, but with a one year contract versus two). After shipping was added the original out of pocket for me was something like $144, with a $50 rebate.

The rebate will come from T-mobile and not Venicom, so Venicom is not involved in that rebate process, other then sending a copy of the form along with the phone.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:45 PM   #68
ajm

Shipped on October 4, 2007

That's right -- Amazon shipped my Curves early! Their delivery estimate still shows the old date range, though, but I would be surprised if I don't receive them by Wednesday. :-D
Old 10-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #69
jimdarcy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm View Post
Shipped on October 4, 2007

That's right -- Amazon shipped my Curves early! Their delivery estimate still shows the old date range, though, but I would be surprised if I don't receive them by Wednesday. :-D
these are 8320's right??
Old 10-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #70
ajm

Right. BlackBerry Curve 8320 Titanium (T-Mobile), were $99 each before rebate, purchased from Amazon Sep 26, shipped Oct 4. I chose the $59 Family myFaves 1000 Promo and had to take two $19 bb unlimited data plans, so my monthly will be $100 until I call Customer Service to add UMA and SMS (which Amazon doesn't provide options for). I have an old router so I may take that opportunity to get the $50 Linksys router free after rebate.

I also took advantage of the other Amazon deals and threw in two $6 Monster car charger cords and two $25 MicroSD 2GB cards. Total shipping was under $5. They offered $30 off if you open an Amazon card and charge it. After rebates I will net $136 for 2x Curve, 2x 2GB, 2x Monster cord. Not a bad rake.

I do wish I had taken the opportunity to get that $10 Bluetooth headset they're pushing. I could neither buy it seperately nor add it after the fact due to the way the coupon code works.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #71
penpower
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: New AT&T

Quote:
Right. BlackBerry Curve 8320 Titanium (T-Mobile), were $99 each before rebate, purchased from Amazon Sep 26, shipped Oct 4. I chose the $59 Family myFaves 1000 Promo and had to take two $19 bb unlimited data plans, so my monthly will be $100 until I call Customer Service to add UMA and SMS (which Amazon doesn't provide options for). I have an old router so I may take that opportunity to get the $50 Linksys router free after rebate.

I also took advantage of the other Amazon deals and threw in two $6 Monster car charger cords and two $25 MicroSD 2GB cards. Total shipping was under $5. They offered $30 off if you open an Amazon card and charge it. After rebates I will net $136 for 2x Curve, 2x 2GB, 2x Monster cord. Not a bad rake.

I do wish I had taken the opportunity to get that $10 Bluetooth headset they're pushing. I could neither buy it seperately nor add it after the fact due to the way the coupon code works.
I think rebate only works for the primary line if you get them from Amazon.com
Old 10-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #72
ajm

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpower View Post
I think rebate only works for the primary line if you get them from Amazon.com
You think, or you know? I am looking at the rebate form right now and, while I am no lawyer, it looks to me like it will work on all of my lines:

Quote:
Requires activation on a BlackBerry or Windows Mobile Data Feature Add-on of $9.99 or higher, plus a T-Mobile voice plan of $39.99 per line of service or $49.99 for FamilyTime rate plan up to 5 lines of service or activation on a voice and data bundle of $59.99 or higher.
Quote:
Limit of one rebate request per wireless phone number, IMEI, Smart Card serial number, or ICCID number. A maximum of five rebates per street/correspondence address, during any 12-month period for individual/FamilyTime customers, maximum of 100 rebates per street/correspondence address, during any12-month period for business/enterprise customers. If requesting more than one rebate, you must complete a separate form or web printout for each request
That is from the actual rebate form. Please provide a reference that shows to the contrary, or tell me how I'm reading this wrong.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #73
boobybabymommy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

Quote:
You think, or you know? I am looking at the rebate form right now and, while I am no lawyer, it looks to me like it will work on all of my lines:

That is from the actual rebate form. Please provide a reference that shows to the contrary, or tell me how I'm reading this wrong.
I ordered the 8300 from ATT and before i placed order with them i had doubts because i had heard the same in other threads, so i called and asked and it works the same for every network, the primary line always gets a rebate, the second pays full price, and if you are getting a router most likely you'll be paying full price, i've been wrong before but to clarify you should call Amazons CS and see what they say.

Even tho i cancelled my order in order for me to get the new 8310 which is what we're doing now, i guess it will still be the same process, first or primary line gets rebate, and second one pays full price.

And no, i dont have a paper to back me up on this but your Answer to this question is just one ring away so call Costumer Service and if they tell you the contrary, please post and let us all know, new info is always welcome here
Old 10-04-2007, 11:08 PM   #74
tntitan

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmo

Question.. If I purchase a Curve from Venicom w/ 2yr contract and cancel service 1 month later, what other fees besides the ETF will i have to pay.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:09 AM   #75
penpower
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: New AT&T

Quote:

So I think and someone else did the same thing too. What's your damn problem of trying to start a flame here. Just calm down and give amazon a call. I heard this information from many other members of HOFO who actually got rejected before.

Last edited by penpower; 10-05-2007 at 12:16 AM..
Old 10-05-2007, 12:19 AM   #76
USNAVY
Thumbs Must Hurt

Amazon says that USPS has been notifed as of today to pick up the phone and ship it. Dates still don't reflect this, but I expect/hope the phone will arrive next week.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:11 AM   #77
evmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc View Post
FWIW - I pulled the trigger with Venicom (link above).

With Venicom you can go with a one-year contract if you want. Adds $50 to the total, so the phone cost jumps to $75 after rebate. (similar to Amazon, but with a one year contract versus two). After shipping was added the original out of pocket for me was something like $144, with a $50 rebate.
Have you received your phone yet, and has anyone else had experiences with Venicom/Ushopwireless? Even if their rebates can't be counted on, this is still a MUCH better deal than I got in the store. I'm a new T-Mobile subscriber, so I'm seriously considering returning my device and going with this deal and the 1-year contract, but I'd like to make sure it's legit before I go to all the trouble.

If I do return my 8320 to the store where I activated new service, will it roll my number back over to Verizon until the Venicom/Ushopwireless deal goes through? Has anyone done something like this with T-mobile before?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #78
ajm

I called T-Mobile and Amazon.

Confirmed from T-Mobile and Amazon that both lines of a family plan are considered "activations" and thus should each be eligible for the $50 rebate. These are T-Mobile rebates and (according to the text within) can be applied on up to 5 lines of a new activation when purchased from T-Mobile or any dealer other than Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Target, Walgreens or Costco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpower View Post
So I think and someone else did the same thing too. What's your damn problem of trying to start a flame here. Just calm down and give amazon a call. I heard this information from many other members of HOFO who actually got rejected before.
How is any of this helpful? You failed to link to relevant HoFo threads. All I can find is threads from 2005 that were in regards to an Amazon rebate. This is a T-Mobile rebate, and thus completely different. The Amazon rep I spoke with was familiar with past Amazon rebates that apply only to the primary line and confirmed that this is a different situation because it is a T-Mobile rebate.

I will not apologize for being candid. You caused me to waste a great deal of time confirming that my rebates would be honored and you have yet to produce a single hyperlink of reference. At this point you have posted misinformation and then followed-up by (rudely) asking me to spend my time debunking it. Let's just move on. I will no longer discuss this outside of PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #79
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

ok ajm and penpower, both need to take breather before responding again, if at all. Doesn't matter who started what, it takes two to play.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:06 AM   #80
DaCurryman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780

What are return policies for T-Mobile if I buy from Venicom or Amazon? Like if I buy a phone and it has problems, do I need to return it to Venicom/Amazon or can I just take it to a T-Mobile store to get a replacement? I remember with VZW, they would be a pain if replacing the product if I didn't buy from a real VZW store.
Closed Thread