BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 03:38 PM   #21
LC66

Model: 8100C
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

I have been using the Plantronics Discovery 640 for several months and it has worked very well.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #22
MSK24

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodaphone
Default Motorola H670. Connection gets lost

Hi,

I am using Motorola H670 Bluetooth hands free with BB 8100 Perl. Some how my BB looses the connectivity with hands free H 670 and it gets automatically connected. It is very irritating when you are on call and it looses the connection. It happens very often. I am not very sure whether there is problem in my BB or H670. Do I have to do something with BB?

Pl Help.

MK
Old 10-25-2007, 09:22 AM   #23
KIGY
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 1-800-visitPA
Carrier: Dobson/Cellular One

I am an over the road truck driver and it is very noisy when the truck is running.I have tried quite a few BT sets and I found one that works perfect :
Plantronics PLT510 v.G IT IS BY FAR THE BEST BLUETOOTH HEADSET
Old 10-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #24
hamio

Carrier: t-mobile
Default ativa at-bt210

This works fine. Purchased at a rebated price of $19 at Office Max.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #25
bb-mike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

I have been through 4 headsets and the only 1 that I will use is the Jawbone - it's loud and clear. Unlike any other I have tried. I was going to go back to a wired headset until I tried the Jawbone.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #26
E Double

Model: 9000
Carrier: T-Mobile

I use a jabra jx-10, an iTech clip-2e and clip-2mini, and a vtech v-3, all without any issues.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #27
ShelW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb-mike View Post
I have been through 4 headsets and the only 1 that I will use is the Jawbone - it's loud and clear. Unlike any other I have tried. I was going to go back to a wired headset until I tried the Jawbone.
It's pertty funny. I went to an AT&T store to check out headsets. One of the salesmen was wearing a Jawbone, so I waited until he was done helping another customer, and then asked him to call me on my Blackberry, so I could hear how the Jawbone sounded.

He had a heavy accent, but man, I could not understand a THING! He was inside a noisy store, so I asked him to go outside, and I went back into the store (I had stepped outside while he called me the 1st time).

Again, I couldn't understand a thing he said! I'll have to give it another try, but needless to say, I left the store without a Jawbone.

Trying out the Moto H700 right now, and so far, I really like it. Yeah, it's not new, but it's tiny, love the flip boom mic which saves battery life, and it uses the same charger I use for my Pearl, so for charging or in the car, on charger works for both my headset and my Pearl

Well, I have a month to decide. So far, sound quality is excellent on the H700.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:18 PM   #28
half_pass
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Cingular

I have tried a lot of different bluetooth ear pieces...none seemed to fit. I tried the jawbone and fell in love with it. It fits well and is secure, plus I hear very well and the person on the other end says it is very clear as well. It costs about 119 plus tax, but well worth it to me.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:58 AM   #29
Bob R

Carrier: AT&T Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob R View Post
I have trying to find a bluetooth headset for my Pearl 8100 that works. So far I have tried Plantronics 320, 645, 655 and all 3 have STATIC NOISE during conversations. The 655 is the model sold by Blackberry but they call it the HS655. I like the appearance of these Plantronics units I listed and hoped to find something similar. Its not this phone that is the problem because it has been exchanged for another reason. I have tried 2 different 655 units and still get the same static results.

So ... does anyone have an answer to this problem? Am I doing something wrong? What is a similar looking unit that WORKS PROPERLY?

Thank you for any help.
OK .... I think I found the answer to my problem (and maybe yours). There are a few references to the the Samsung WEP 200, the Jawbone and the Motorola models. I looked them up on CNET.com where I get a lot of information. The Jawbone looks big and so do the Motos but the WEP ... I'm not sure? I decided I should get a look at Best Buy. The Jawbone was to definately to big for my ear. The Motos are big and you see them everyware. To my bad luck (or good), they did not have the WEP 200. BUT, they did have the Samsung WEP 410. Smaller than the Plantronics I have tried, same shape but much much much smaller. They are very expensive ($100.00). There was only way to find out if it worked. If it didn't was it's going back to Best Buy .... if it does, I can find one at Amazon. WELL ... this is the one I've been looking for. Works perfectly ... crystal clear sound (both transmit and receive), works 20 feet away, smaller than them all and I didn't have rearrange the interior of my ear for it to be comfortable. This is SO VERY LIGHT, you don't need a hook to make sure it doesn't fall out. Now the price ... Amazon sells it for $50.00 ... mine is on the way.

Thanks all for your help.

Bob R
Old 10-26-2007, 12:37 PM   #30
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensing65 View Post
I found the Samsung WEP200 on N1Wireless.com for 24.99... I actually spoke to someone on that site and I'm 'guaranteed' that this is not a fake for this headset. I should be getting it in a few days and will see then if it is the real deal or not...
Do not buy from them! All they sell are knock offs... They are on Motorola's black list as well as Samsung's.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:57 PM   #31
Tremo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

Ther BlueAnt Z9 gets a lot of hype, but it's firmware upgrader is a PITA and a POS. Damn device driver will not install on either of my computers.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:12 PM   #32
kensing65
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondalegend View Post
Do not buy from them! All they sell are knock offs... They are on Motorola's black list as well as Samsung's.

You know, I asked the guy on the phone and he said it was guaranteed to be authentic as well as this is posted on his site but when I got the package, the wrong travel charger was in it. I had a hard time getting this guy back on the phone but when I did he apologized and sent me out a charger that works with this.. NOT a samsung charger mind you, but it did charge and pair up with a blackberry. I ended up ordering another WEP200 off Amazon in the meantime and the packaging was all different and I think this is the real deal.. got it for 28.00 plus shipping... the fit of the ear bud in the ear I'm still working with but overall really like this one.. This is the first time I've not had complaints about me being on a bluetooth.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:01 PM   #33
StarKnight83
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-mobile

ive got a jabra bt160 works well most of the time, there are a few times when i get interference but most times its fine
Old 10-26-2007, 11:47 PM   #34
keithc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

I originally had the Plantronics 640, and it lasted two years before the little black cup fell off and I couldn't recharge it anymore. I then got the new 665 and while it said it had ASP or noise canceling, it was the foulest one I ever had to use in a car on the highway. I returned the first and the second. I finally tried the Jawbone and while it is large, it is fairly light. It contains three microphones and does require the over-ear holder and fits me comfortably. It also has simply amazing sound quality. I have used it while on a commuter airport tarmac, inside a massive datacenter and while idling next to an 18-wheeler with my window down. No caller has ever said "WHAT did you just say?!". It's just no contest.

Last edited by keithc; 10-26-2007 at 11:50 PM..
Old 10-27-2007, 08:59 AM   #35
MrBond

I've been using the Samsung WEP410. It works great, no echo, clear, pretty decent with the windows down.
Closed Thread