BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
johnbbny
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Default Best Mac OS X / BB Apps? (particular re: bluetooth)

Please Login to Remove!

If this were a Google query, it'd be "bluetooth applications mac os x blackberry recommended."

I'm running 10.4, and I search around Mac Update and Version Tracker for an application compatible with the 8130 that would display caller id on my laptop, but to no avail. I was also disappointed to find that Salling Clicker is not compatible, either.

Seems that BB-supported Mac apps (esp. WRT Bluetooth) are few and far between. Does anyone recommendations for a newcomer to BB -- either applications they can't live without, or ones that should be especially called out for being Mac-friendly?
Old 11-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
Blaziniflo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbbny View Post
If this were a Google query, it'd be "bluetooth applications mac os x blackberry recommended."

I'm running 10.4, and I search around Mac Update and Version Tracker for an application compatible with the 8130 that would display caller id on my laptop, but to no avail. I was also disappointed to find that Salling Clicker is not compatible, either.

Seems that BB-supported Mac apps (esp. WRT Bluetooth) are few and far between. Does anyone recommendations for a newcomer to BB -- either applications they can't live without, or ones that should be especially called out for being Mac-friendly?
just pocket mac. unfortunately mac and bb don't play well together. All essential bb apps will most likely have to be dl'd ota if you're on mac.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
onepoonis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to just sync simple stuff like iCal and address book, PocketMac works good. Well for me it does. Using mass storage mode, you can drag and drop any media file you want to your BB. If you want to use playlists, then there's Missing Sync. You can use either one to install applications from your Mac. Most BB applications will work from a Mac. The one major thing you can't do on a Mac is to upgrade your BB OS. You'll need a PC for that. Don't even try to contact RIM, they just don't care about us Mac users.

Last edited by onepoonis; 11-10-2007 at 12:42 PM..
Old 11-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #4
tobyw
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/123)

I would love a pasword manager that would sync with Mac. Ascendo daysvault works brilliantly with pc, but not Mac. In fact, I'm not aware of a single pasword program that syncs with BB/Mac - is anyone aware of one?

I don't use any other software apart from missing sync and the mark space notebook that's part of that software.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #5
SheepDog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: ask if you need it
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepoonis View Post
It depends on what you want to do. If you want to just sync simple stuff like iCal and address book, PocketMac works good. Well for me it does. Using mass storage mode, you can drag and drop any media file you want to your BB. If you want to use playlists, then there's Missing Sync. You can use either one to install applications from your Mac. Most BB applications will work from a Mac. The one major thing you can't do on a Mac is to upgrade your BB OS. You'll need a PC for that. Don't even try to contact RIM, they just don't care about us Mac users.

I'd dearly love to know how you used either crummy app to install anything on your BB! I fail to see how they do that at all!
Closed Thread