BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #1
abfield
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Hi all. I have a Verizon 8703e and am on a corporate Blackberry server.

Recently another employee sent me a meeting invite. About one minute later he sent an update changing the time.

So, I had both invites in by inbox and the calendar showed the appointment with the updated time. So far so good.

When I opened the original invite it said "out of date" which is correct. I therefore deleted it. I opened the new one and Accepted. I immediately got a new item with a red 'x' saying that the meeting invite was no longer on the calendar, etc etc.

When I checked the calendar it was gone. What happened? It seems that the deleting of the old (deleting the message not declining the invite) removed it from my calendar. I was able to replicate this in another test. I had someone reforward me the invite. So, it was in my inbox and on my calendar. Before I could respond the originator updated the meeting. I got that in my BB inbox and the new time was showing on the calendar. As soon as I deleted the message invite that was forwarded to me, it disappeared from the calendar. I still had the newest invite in my BB inbox.

Last edited by abfield; 11-21-2007 at 01:47 PM..
Old 11-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #2
bundy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
Carrier: ROGERS

It might sound silly, but don't delete the invite.
If you see it there and it bothers you to see it in your message list, then accept the first invite, then go accept the update.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
bertiebassett
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by abfield View Post
As soon as I deleted the message invite that was forwarded to me, it disappeared from the calendar. I still had the newest invite in my BB inbox.
Really depends on EXACTLY what version of BES you're running. There's been lots of 'calendaring fixes' in many recent service packs, MR's etc..Dunno if this fixed your specific issue - would have to read release notes in detail..

Would ask your BES guy what version they're running and if not 4.1.4 then give them some 'ahem' encouragement to upgrade.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #4
abfield
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the responses. In the interim I'll simply accept both like was suggested and see if that works. I'll send my help desk an email.

Thanks.
Closed Thread