Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
sure thing! I use:
msn.nedbsd.nl
aim.jabber.meta.net.nz

But these past few days GOOGLE TALK has been dropping it's service, but not the transports. So happy using!
thx...i willl try it tonite...where do u find a list of transport you can use? is there a website and stuff?
Old 12-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #142
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
skip lunch two days and spend the 20 bucks on jivetalk save your self all the troubles of trial and error go with what works.
I second this! JiveTalk is an amazing application. Try it our for the FREE 30 days and you will find out it is well worth the ONE TIME fee.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #143
zkyevolved
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 25707D3B
Carrier: Vodafone

I installed JiveTalk... and I'm honestly telling you that I don't think i'll go back to simple transports! It's a GREAT program! I'm still going to ride out the next few weeks with the trial, but honestly, it has a great interface, quick, easy to use... Combines all the protocols I need... I don't think i'm gunna change .

I totally recommend it!
On the other hand I tried IM+ and it was a tad slow typing with the bubble chat, but JiveTalk is "da bomb!" Two thumbs up Good job!
Old 12-16-2007, 09:50 AM   #144
Gareth.Hooper
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodacom

Here is the link for Live Messenger off the BlackBerry Site.
It seems many are getting the Error 500 story when trying to either access the page or the download button. I get the error when trying to download, I get to the page with no problems.

www.blackberry.com/livemessenger

Webloader version on the same link via Desktop gives the following:

Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site at using the browser on your BlackBerry® smartphone.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:19 PM   #145
hakgwai
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

tried downloading it on my 8310. doesnt work=(
Old 12-17-2007, 09:01 AM   #146
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakgwai View Post
tried downloading it on my 8310. doesnt work=(
i dont think live messenger work on 8310...i think it only work on 8320 cuz it is using the wifi.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 AM   #147
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinadam View Post
So with that said, you wouldn't happen to know how to set-up MSN Messenger through Google Talk per my original post would ya?
Here is a good post on how to set up the GTalk Transports:

Multi Platform Chat on Your Blackberry | serialdesigngroup.com

There is also a link about half way thru the post for public transport servers.

If one of you transports stops or fails, its more than likely a change by the admin of your transport server to either block or stop allowing a certain transport type. The only thing you can do is find a new transport server. Which is not always bad, you may even find one that allows for file transfer.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #148
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

gtalk with my aim, yahoo, and msn transport has been working great so far. it evens send me a pop message when i get new email on my hotmail. and all for free!
Old 12-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #149
spiggy

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Proximus
Default Gtalk: Service not available for this handheld...

Hi guys

Been messing around with Gtalk on my BB as I want to have a multi-network chat client. Got it all set up with Miranda, but when I want to log in on Google Talk on my BB, I get the message "Service not available for this handheld"... I have a 8310.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #150
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiggy View Post
Hi guys

Been messing around with Gtalk on my BB as I want to have a multi-network chat client. Got it all set up with Miranda, but when I want to log in on Google Talk on my BB, I get the message "Service not available for this handheld"... I have a 8310.
this is why we all use jivetalk best IM program on the market and worth every penny youll ever spend on it.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:18 AM   #151
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiggy View Post
Hi guys

I use Psi to setup my transports on my Mac (or PC). This has been the approach that has yielded the best results. I would recommend, closing GTalk on the BB, go back through setting up the transports via Psi, then login to your GTalk account on the GTalk website. This will confirm that your transports are registered properly. Now relaunch GTalk on the BB.

Quote:
this is why we all use jivetalk best IM program on the market and worth every penny youll ever spend on it.
Yes, Jivetalk is a great app. Believe it or not, there are those of us that continue to use transports in Jivetalk, and Jivetalk experiences issues just the same. And before the "are you nuts" posts start, I use transports so that I can login to the Google Chat app via the web and still be able to chat with all of my contacts on any computer with an internet connection, especially when there is no cell signal.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:03 AM   #152
Dawg
No longer Registered.

I use pidgin on my desktop, I havent had the first issue with jivetalk at all. Why use transports in jivetalk when all the im services are offered?
Old 12-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #153
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
I use pidgin on my desktop, I havent had the first issue with jivetalk at all. Why use transports in jivetalk when all the im services are offered?
I work in a company where there are Macs, Windows, *UX machines, and locked down Citrix instances. I can be on any of those machines to varying degrees everyday, they are shared, which means I can't install and config all of the chat clients on all of the machines so I can keep in touch with my contacts throughout the day.

The best option is for me to use Transports with GoogleTalk, then I can sit at any computer in our company (even the ones in the data center where there is no cell signal) and launch the web based Google Talk Client.

... if it wasn't for my specific needs, I would be 100% on JT without Transports.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #154
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun27612 View Post
I work in a company where there are Macs, Windows, *UX machines, and locked down Citrix instances. I can be on any of those machines to varying degrees everyday, they are shared, which means I can't install and config all of the chat clients on all of the machines so I can keep in touch with my contacts throughout the day.

The best option is for me to use Transports with GoogleTalk, then I can sit at any computer in our company (even the ones in the data center where there is no cell signal) and launch the web based Google Talk Client.

... if it wasn't for my specific needs, I would be 100% on JT without Transports.
thanks for the answers
Old 03-26-2008, 06:42 PM   #155
jose_416

Model: 8130
PIN: ask for it
Carrier: TELUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbo View Post
msn live messenger will be available on the telus network soon. When i dont know. A friend of mine put msn live on my 7250 on the telus network. Its in the for sale section if interested.The real thing is better than all the knock off messengers.

i dont think its right for us to pay for IM (msn) i am with telus and i would not pay for it.. bell blackberry's got it for free.. and come on 8130 comes with stupid yahoo.. like come on yahoo.. lol.. like geeeeeeeeez would it kill telus and rim to get with the program and offer IM's for free where WE can CHOOSE which ones WE WANT!!..
Old 03-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #156
jose_416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth.Hooper View Post
Here is the link for Live Messenger off the BlackBerry Site.
It seems many are getting the Error 500 story when trying to either access the page or the download button. I get the error when trying to download, I get to the page with no problems.

www.blackberry.com/livemessenger

Webloader version on the same link via Desktop gives the following:

Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site at using the browser on your BlackBerry® smartphone.

When i go to that site on my 8130 cdma BB i get oh your phone is not compatible.. like was up with that.. anyone had that isse..... man. i want my msn....on my BB......
Old 03-26-2008, 06:47 PM   #157
jose_416

Hey has anyone checked the site BBMNation... ?
Old 03-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #158
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
sure thing! I use:
msn.nedbsd.nl
aim.jabber.meta.net.nz

But these past few days GOOGLE TALK has been dropping it's service, but not the transports. So happy using!

msn.nedbsd.nl transport no longer work as msn messenger transport. any1 know any other transport out there that works with msn messenger? thx in advance.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:46 AM   #159
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: T-Mobile

I use msn.jabber.me.uk, works well for me.

Kinda wondering why BB instant messenger never integrated other networks, would have been nice if there was an option outside of a bes with LCS.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:00 AM   #160
volkanerkan

Model: 8320
PIN: 252B8E82
Carrier: Vodafone Turkey

WebMessenger Inc.

it is free... and good software.
Closed Thread