BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 08:51 AM   #1
Zackery

Model: 8703e
Carrier: VZW
Question Can anyone get BBlight to work on the 7250? (Answer = NO)

Please Login to Remove!

Here is my problem. I want to have the backlight activated on my VZW 7250 when it is connected to external power. I am not concerned about the other available settings in BBlight. I have tried all the different settings, but I cannot get this feature to work using BBlight.

Has anyone had success in using BBlight on a 7250 to activate the backlight when external power is attached? If so, please pass on your BBlight settings so that I can try them on my 7250. I have installed the latest version of BBlight twice. In case anyone is wondering, I have selected "Activate" in BBlight prior to testing all my settings. I also have the latest handheld & desktop software. Thanks.

Zackery

Last edited by Zackery; 07-15-2005 at 01:36 PM..
Old 07-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #2
kmb1966
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

I have a 7520, and the BBLight program DOES NOT STAY ON when I have it connected to external power, even though I have the settings SET to STAY ON when connected to external power. The ONLY thing I can get to work on BBLight is the setting for "USER ACTIVITY". So, that is how I use it. I wish it would work correctly on the EXTERNAL POWER choice, but it does not. I reported this little quirk a few months ago. Several people said that their's did not work either on the EXTERNAL POWER setting. A few people said that theirs DID work, but upon further investigation, most people posted back saying that theirs did not work (STAY ON) on EXTERNAL POWER even though they had the check mark selected to do-so on the settings. I still think it is a handy program though, and I thank whoever made it, because the "ON-USER ACTIVITY" settings work good.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:30 AM   #3
Ominx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130

Make sure you uncheck and recheck the box for external power, and then scroll click for "activate". Then make sure you save changes. That should solve your problems. It seems you need to do this each time you cycle power or install new programs. Not sure why.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:41 AM   #4
Zackery

Thanks for the advice. Here is what I did based upon your instructions

1) Unplugged 7250 from external power
2) Opened BBLight and selected "Deactivate"
3) Unchecked "External Pwer" and then checked "Save"
4) Checked "External Power" and then checked "Save"
4) Selected "Activate"
5) Selected "Save" and then "Close"
6) Connected 7250 to external power

This proceedure does not fix the problem. Is there a way to report this bug to the developer?

Zackery
Old 07-15-2005, 09:48 AM   #5
kmb1966
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominx
Make sure you uncheck and recheck the box for external power, and then scroll click for "activate". Then make sure you save changes. That should solve your problems. It seems you need to do this each time you cycle power or install new programs. Not sure why.
I know what your saying here, but on my Nextel 7520, it does not have any effect on the ability for the light to stay on when connected to External Power. I think I've tried every scenario to make it work. The darn light will not stay ON when connected to External Power. It is almost like the timeout for the light on the BB has authority over the the BB light settings.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:01 AM   #6
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

I have also tried it and it does not work on my 7250 at all. The best I get is for it to turn the low light when i take it out of the holster, or to turn the low light if i do an application. It will never turn the full light on under any circumstances, and definitely does not turn the light on at all when plugged to an outside source. Previous to this post i had done the suggested on my own, but i tried it again after reading this and first removing the battery figuring I would be getting a fresh start, IT STILL DID NOT WORK.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 07-15-2005, 01:34 PM   #7
Zackery

Thanks for the responses. It looks like I can assume that no one can get the external power option to work on a 7250. I guess we will have to wait for an update.

Zackery
Old 07-15-2005, 02:42 PM   #8
Ominx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130

Yes...sorry for the false hope, it does not seem to work. The steps I outlined are my usual process for the "user activity" setting. But to confirm "external power" does not seem to save.

My other request to the developer would be to have the backlight to always be set to the high setting. The dim backlight is helpful, but I would really appreciate it if high backlighting could be set to "user activity."
Old 07-15-2005, 11:55 PM   #9
99Vert
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: Cingular

Kinda weird, but after a while BBLight doesnt seem to work correctly ( I had just 'On user Activity' checked), until I checked 'On Remove holster'. Once I picked that option, the 'On User Activity' now works 100%.
Go figure..
Closed Thread