BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 01-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
samcaprar

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Smile Which is Best

Please Login to Remove!

Hey im realativly new to smartphones, i currently have a blackjack(att) which works great, but for acouple of days i tried out the curve 8310. It was instantly easier to navigate the QWERTY as some of the keys on the blakjack perform triple duty, over all i was happy with the curve, but it lacked some of the basic features that the blakjack had. Ive since returned the curve after a trial period and an considering the 8320 from tmobile, My question is what should i be looking for in a smartphone, ideally i would like a phone that has proccesing power to be able to run apps (movies,games,music,photos) off of the memory card. Out of all the smartphones out there, which one has good versatility to be a do anything type of phone??
Old 01-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I don't know the answer to your questions and will be interested in the replies from others. But any device that does a lot of different things isn't going to be exellent at anything. The blackberry is purpose built to be excellent at mobile email. I think almost all will agree with that, and the argument will be over how well it does at the other things.

Also be aware you will not run applications from the media card on a blackberry. Ringtones, audio and image files . . . *media* is it.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #3
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Windows based smartphones have the most software so it is more versatile.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

None of the current BBs run applications off the memory card.

The 8320 and 8310 are indentical devices with the exception of color, WiFi on the 8320 and GPS on the 8310. Otherwise, your comparison will be quite mundane.