ibrg
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 0000
Carrier: T-Mo

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradberry
...it has 6,122 contacts...
You must know a lot of people.... I think that is as many people as in Wyoming...
Old 01-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #62
jmajluf
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: 242F8970
Carrier: Claro

I recently switched from palm os to BB. I have used palms since they came out (1995?) and I felt I could never live without one. I am a physician and used the device for everything: scheduling, patient tracking, medial e-books, calculators, lit e-books, some games. When my carrier in Peru (Nextel) brought the 7100i Ibought it and I am very happy. I am starting to migrate from palm os to BB and I already have a buyer for my TX and I can't wait to sell it and stay with my bb. I am able to do almost everything on it and the calendar works just fine for me. Yes I would like to see a Today screen like with palm but I beleive I can live without it. I have tried pocketday for BB but didn't like it. Does anyone know of another 3rd party calendar software with more functionality for the bb?
Thanks.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:26 AM   #63
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmajluf
Does anyone know of another 3rd party calendar software with more functionality for the bb?
No, there is no third party calendar app, unfortunately. You're pretty much stuck with what you have.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #64
joelndayna

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

I, too, am looking for better calendar functionality. I have seen a few posts here about Datebk5, however, I was a big user of the same company's (Pimlico Softeare) WeekView feature . If you travel a lot and need to book out appointments, this allowed you to look at an entire week with actual words in the day fields to see if you are in a particular city, and to see the day before and after. Anything out there for BB like this?
Old 02-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #65
mattgro

Model: 8793e
Carrier: Telus Mobility

This may be a stupid question - but is there software that comes with the 8700 series (or which can be found elsewhere) which you can use to enter data into on your desktop and then sync it to the blackberry?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:03 PM   #66
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgro
This may be a stupid question - but is there software that comes with the 8700 series (or which can be found elsewhere) which you can use to enter data into on your desktop and then sync it to the blackberry?
Hi Matt - welcome to BB Forums.
There is no "Palm Desktop" like software. Many people use Outlook and then sync their BlackBerrys using the Intellisync software included in Desktop Manager. Intellisync also supports several other PIMs (Lotus Organizer and the like) but there is no desktop based program included with the BB software.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:37 AM   #67
Martijn de l'Ecluse

Model: 7290
Carrier: Vodafone
Question Calendar issue : "Organizing calendar"

Good day,

A colleague has the following problem. When working in the calendar, it continuously keep on saying "Organizing calendar". It is getting annoying since it comes up every few seconds. So basicly, there is not much I can do.
This only happens in the agenda view, not in de day view or week view or month view.
He does have over 800 entries in the calendar. Is there a "limit" for entries in this view? What else could be the problem? And more important, how do I get rid of this message?
The Blackberry we use is a 7290.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:57 PM   #68
gernboken

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Unhappy gotta disagree

i converted from a palm, because my palm got stolen and a blackberry was a cheaper replacement. i like it so far, but i'm really disappointed in the calendar, and the relative lack of decent downloadable apps.

my biggest beef with the calendar is the lack of color. i have multiple things to do EVERY day and when i look at the week view or the month view all i see is a row or a grid of identical gray boxes. i need color. i need to be able to look at the week view and know what category the stuff is without having to scroll through and look at each appointment.

and as far as the apps... well there's nothing blackberry can do about that but i've found the quality of third party apps available for blackberry, specifically the awful personal finance apps, really pale in comparison to what's available for the palm. and with the palm... i can't ever remember having to wait for an app to load. you just click on the icon, and the app opens. not on a blackberry.

i really need a decent checkbook app, and they just don't exist. and please don't recomend ascendo money. it's awful. you want to see a good pda checkbook register check out splash money, which for some god awful reason they only make for the pallm. bah. at any rate its gotten so bad i've decided to go learn java just so i can design what i need.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #69
EARLY DOORS

Model: 8200
Carrier: ORANGE UK
Default Calendar/contacts use

I am a new user with a Blackberry 8820 from Orange. (ex palm treo) The question I have is following the successfull sync with Outlook for the Palm contacts and calender I am still having to use Outlook as the desktop software!!! I do not seem to be able to open/use the device software from the disk supplied by orange. It seems installed on my laptop but not working. Help
Early Doors
Old 11-07-2007, 09:45 AM   #70
genvej
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: TDC

Is it just stupid me or is it not possible to open attachemnts on your calendar??!

Im really frightened that its not possible as it is a major to my company
Old 11-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #71
WFLDEng611

Model: iPhon
PIN: Used to

Define opening an attachment on your calender, I am not familular with that
Old 11-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #72
nahnerobacca

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Search Functionality

I couldn't find anywhere else, can you somehow search for an event on the calendar on the blackberry?
Old 01-18-2008, 07:31 AM   #73
philmair

Carrier: T-Mobile
Thumbs down Sorry - The Blackberry is NOT a PDA

Just got a Blackberry 8310 - been a Palm user for a decade. The comment "it is no longer true that the BlackBerry PIM is inferior to the Palm..." is very misleading. Sure if you compare the native Palm PIM to the BlackBerry one then it is true - they are both rubbish. But nobody uses the native Palm PIM - there are dozens of much better alternatives. And that's the big issue - there are no good alternatives for the Blackberry. Thus, the truth is the Blackberry - as a PIM / PDA - is one notch above useless!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:42 AM   #74
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

philmair, I agree. You might want to try pocketDay and WebIS is going to be releasing Pocket Informant for the BB. Not sure where they are right now with it.

Best that works for me is using a Today theme but I still can't copy a meeting from one day to another which is really amazing to me.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:41 AM   #75
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130

Quote:
Originally Posted by genvej View Post
Is it just stupid me or is it not possible to open attachemnts on your calendar??!

Im really frightened that its not possible as it is a major to my company
On my 8130, calendar attachments don't sync to the Pearl...there is a text
entry w/the name of the attachment, but the file is not there.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #76
Nextel User

Model: 8220

is there a way to change the default time block of one hour for appointments? i enter everything i need to do on my berry. i would like to just enter a quick appointment eg. start 1:00 and end 1:00
Old 01-25-2008, 02:23 AM   #77
DW30
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Swisscom

I also switched from Palm recently. What amazes me most, is that the BB is 'de facto' a tool for business people. How "they" get along with a rudimentary calendar as the BB has intrigues me.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #78
srotman

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Thank you! I too have always found the calendar on BBs to be utter crap! It lacks so many features, it poorly integrated into the device, and is barely visible anywhere other than in the actual calendar app itself.

You'd think with all these years behind them RIM would have woken up already. I guess they just sat around and spend their time focusing on perfecting the perfect mobile email device.

Good thing at least email is done right. You know, with HTML support and all....
Old 01-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #79
Redflea

Model: 8130

So get a Treo?
Old 01-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #80
srotman

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

i complained about the calendar. not the whole device. im not switching anytime soon.
Closed Thread