Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #21
Blakefreak

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

One reason to try T-mobile is the wifi.
Nationwide blackberry outage right now but my wifi and even UMA is still on.
Infact just got a news alert on my 8320 telling me Blackberry was down.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #22
BBGregPearl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint

I have T-Mo and my Monthly bill for 2 BB's is around $164.00. Both have BB service, unlimited messaging, Insurance, and family plan.

With ATT not as much minutes I would be paying 200 if not a little more.

I have been with T-Mo for about 2 years and I never had a problem with service or CS!

Now with the new and improved 8530.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #23
arson451

Model: 8310
PIN: 242729AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
That is in the middle of hell.
Scrub pines and possums don't carry BlackBerrys!

I agree on most of your points.
I couldnt agree more about it being the middle of hell. the closest state park is actually named "tates hell". But seriously, youre from alabama and all of 'bama is hell.

Whats the best thing coming out of alabama? I-20.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:10 AM   #24
sjogran

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Hey!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arson451 View Post
I couldnt agree more about it being the middle of hell. the closest state park is actually named "tates hell". But seriously, youre from alabama and all of 'bama is hell.

Whats the best thing coming out of alabama? I-20.
I resemble that comment! I grew up in Tuscaloosa--its a good town, and I like Birmingham too. Problem is when you get out to those rural areas. Luckily GSM is already pretty rampant here.

I would be curious to ask: Am I going to notice a TON of difference between EVDO and EDGE? I never used a laptop aircard or anything like that--but just from my device--I hear EDGE is much slower--just curious.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #25
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by arson451 View Post
When I moved from Atlanta to florida it was hell. Even though I was an hour south of Tallahassee and 1 hour east of Panama city TMo didnt offer coverage even though AT&T did.
That's interesting. TMO's southern Florida (Ft. Lauderdale - Miami) coverage is excellent.

I really liked TMO's pricing and customer service but there are just too many coverage holes within Houston for me -- I'm not even talking rural, fringe or new construction areas. My former home was in a dead spot for TMO and it wasn't bad enough to allow my phones to roam on other networks that actually did have coverage. Or course, they do offer UMA now but I want a GPS-equipped BB more than a WiFi-equipped BB and I'd rather just have decent coverage from my carrier. That said, there are plenty of Houstonians who love TMO. As I said, coverage varies and you have to determine what coverage is like where you need it.

Last edited by takeshi; 02-12-2008 at 09:15 AM..
Old 02-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #26
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

(not to keep this thread hijacked)
That part of Florida is not southern FL, it's what we like to refer as Occupied Alabama. It really has more in common with Alabama and Georgia than what most people think of as Florida.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:09 PM   #27
Dinan3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: & Teller

I used to be a t-mobile rep myself. 3rd party deals (exclusive dealers) sometimes do have the best prices on handsets with a new activation. T-Mobile does honor the manufacture's warrenty as far as "warrenty exchanges". The only down from buying/activating from an exclusive dealer is that they usually have their own agreement policies (secondary agreements). For example; return policies, exchanges, and fees (read carefully and make sure you understand before signing). Dealers buy their phones from t-mobile (new) and re-sells them at a competitive price therefor, earning an activation commission from t-mobile. its a win/win situation.

The 8320 is currently advertised for $249.99 directly from t-mobile with 2yr activation contract. $449.99 without contract. So this device would be best purchased from a dealer since some offer it for FREE, rather than direct.

Buyer beware: make sure the dealer you're purchasing from is a legitimate business (i.e. they won't fraud you with false information due to their commission payout.) If it sounds too good to be true, it is!!! Do your homework.

That is for ALL network carrier dealers...not just t-mobile.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:43 PM   #28
Maximus_Prime
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruechel View Post
at&t claims it has better coverage than tmo but it is rarely if ever true. in fact, it's bs: especially when it comes to emails. both companies are GSM based with is still behind CDMA in this country. i have a few friends with att service while i have tmo and there aren't significant differences. it's all a big marketing hustle. don't believe the hype. and if they ARE a tiny bit better, it is so insignificant that it wouldn't warrant you paying such a premium.

if you're a big national traveler and your business requires you to be in touch all the time, get verizon. that is truly better service. if you're just one of the crazy BB geeks who are jonesing for another new feature that you don't really need, save your money and go with tmobile.
In where I live and work, AT&T Does have much more coverage than T-Mobile.
even in some area, AT&T is better than Verizon.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #29
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

I have a question. If Verizon works for you and has the coverage you need, why change? In cell phones, it is all about coverage. A cheap plan or a cool phone means absolutely nothing if you don't have a signal when and where you need it.

In other words, if it isn't broken, please don't try to fix it!
Closed Thread