BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
kalveitt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default BES & Out of Network Exchange Server.

Please Login to Remove!

My current situtation is my company runs Exchange 2003 SP2. They do not want to install BES or even the free 1 client version of the Blackberry Professional just for 1 user. But I want to be able to wirelessly sync with my exchange server including calender, etc. I've seen alot of companies offering BES Hosting, however anyone know of a company offering BES Hosting, but allowing you to use your own Exchange Server? Or is it possable to run BES on a server connected through VPN?

--Frustrated in New Hampsire
Old 02-28-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Welcome to the forums!

If you want to wirelessly sync your Exchange data with a mobile device and you can't use BES why don't you just use a Windows Mobile device?

You may be able to find a place to do such a thing ... yes all of the scenarios you've posted are indeed possible ... not probable though; especially for a single user.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
kalveitt

Personally. I hate Windows Mobile. I had a PPC-6700, and a Dash before and hated them. The BB is so much more stable, and appealing for me to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
Welcome to the forums!

If you want to wirelessly sync your Exchange data with a mobile device and you can't use BES why don't you just use a Windows Mobile device?

You may be able to find a place to do such a thing ... yes all of the scenarios you've posted are indeed possible ... not probable though; especially for a single user.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #4
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Totally understandable ... frankly, I agree. The newer WM devices are better however.

You could use BIS, but you won't get full 2-way sync of everything unfortunately.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #5
kalveitt

Actually I didnt realize BIS can hook up to exchange email via web address. Got that working. Another question for you. The desktop redirector software will that do the samething and or also sync calender events etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
Totally understandable ... frankly, I agree. The newer WM devices are better however.

You could use BIS, but you won't get full 2-way sync of everything unfortunately.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
kalveitt

just an update. Finally got my boss to allow me to install Blackberry Professional v4.1SP4 and its works great. thank you for your help.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
Keyscan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalveitt View Post
just an update. Finally got my boss to allow me to install Blackberry Professional v4.1SP4 and its works great. thank you for your help.
Good to hear. Professional should be more than enough for what you were looking for.
Closed Thread