Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:39 AM   #321
saua
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

The problem with not remembering the permissions isn't something bbTracker can influence, unfortunately.

The only thing that might help (based on some anecdotal evidence) seems to be to enable the Firewall on your Blackberry (Options -> Security -> Firewall -> Enable). Don't ask me what that has to do with anything, but I've read in this thread that this fixed the problem.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #322
Zentaka
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Problem Solved

Thank you so much for your advice. I turned on the firewall and it worked like a charm. Once it is enabled it asks for permission with an option to not ask again, which is what enables it to access the files without a prompt.

Now that that's solved I want to tell you how much I loke your program. When I was 13 years old a friend of the family gave me a little black thing that kind of looked like a cell phone. Once I figured out what GPS was I couldn't put it down! When I bought my 8800 I expected it to come with a program like that, thought I'm not sure why. At first all I could find as far as GPS programs go was Data-plan enabled programs. I can't tell you how happy I was when I finally found your program!I really appreciate all the hard work you have put into it and can't wait for the next build! One thing I would really like is the ability to make notes at any given point on a track, also to bring a track up that you can sort of "trace over" like if you wanted to get back to the exact place you were, or that you can meet up with incase you're going to the same place from a different location. Again I'm not sure if this is possible but I would love to see it implemented.

Thanks again,

Zen

"The difference between stupidity and genius is... genius has it's limits." -Albert Einstein
Old 02-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #323
PaulMdx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: T of Guinness
Carrier: O2 UK

It seems common for BB software vendors to price gouge. It's refreshing to see someone giving away such high quality software for free! It works like a charm on my 8100. Thanks!
Old 02-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #324
pshute
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMdx View Post
It seems common for BB software vendors to price gouge. It's refreshing to see someone giving away such high quality software for free! It works like a charm on my 8100. Thanks!
And what's more, the source code is available. It pains me to say that I haven't had the time to work out how to make even the simplest changes to it for myself.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:34 AM   #325
mikjht

Carrier: VODAFONE
Default error Uncaught exception

The track I saved yesterday, displays correct, but when I try to export the track, the error message "Uncaught exception: invalid character in name" occurs and I can't see dth kml or gpx file of my track

If I change the name of the .btt file, with de bb media explorer, the error still remain.

When I open the Tracks saved, the name of the error track, seems to have a return before the name.

I use your last version 0.5.1, I attach the .btt file.
Could you help me?. Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: zip Eloi.bbt.zip (48.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #326
Tangocore
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

woot, just managed to install it by putting cod and jar in a folder and opening the jar via the media explorer (have no bb data plan but only generic 5mb)

edit: worked perfectly for me with an export for both files, i was able to run it flawlessly in a fresh google earth install but just dont understand how to run it in google maps, anyone can gives me the step through it please

Last edited by Tangocore; 02-17-2008 at 11:26 PM..
Old 02-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #327
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

This is one of my favorite apps

use it when cycling, that way I can compare tracks of same route and look at the speed variances along the route to see if I slow down or speed up ay the same points each time I ride helps improve training
Old 03-15-2008, 01:27 AM   #328
pdajunkee

Carrier: Rogers

Just had to add my opinion of bbTracker to this thread...

FANTASTIC!

I'm an avid biker and was mildly interested in this software when I first downloaded it. Found it a bit difficult to use until I figured out the spacebar quickly moved me from screen to screen.

Then I figured out how to export data to my microSD card. And then I figured out how to load the data into Google Earth. And then found I could replay the track in Google Earth. (I suggest changing playback options in Google Earth to go a bit faster and adjust the viewing angle so you are flying a hundred feet above where you biked). I've shown this to my friends and everyone thinks it is the coolest thing!

On my last trip I pushed my BB by recording a track, playing back music, talking on the phone (through a Bluetooth stereo headset) and it didn't skip a beat over the two hours that I was out.

For tracking my bike trips, I can't think of any improvements, it's simple and it works great.

Only thoughts I have for improving this is to extend its usefullness into Geocaching. I would love to see some basic GPS capabilities of entering a destination and showing it in the top view and then providing a zoom in/out feature. I know there are other apps out there that offer all sorts of great features but I don't want to pay a monthly fee. I just want something simple and free (or low one time cost).
Old 03-15-2008, 10:39 AM   #329
rojocrandall
Thumbs Must Hurt

(I know we lost some posts due to the outage. )
I agree - this is a great application and being free understates it's value. One thing it can use is a "pause track" button/menu selection as when you stop, the distance keeps incrementing due to accuracy variance. So on a 2 hour bike ride, if you stop to eat, rest or visit, your distance travel can be off a more than a little.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #330
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

wow good to see some other bikers who use this app
Old 03-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #331
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Yeah. I use it for bike trips too! :D
Old 03-18-2008, 03:42 AM   #332
tazeat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

I just got the gps version of the curve with the intention of taking it skiing, if I get to go skiing again soon I'll let you know how that works out, but it seems great on the freeway. Love the speed graph, first time out I had to test it in the triple digit speeds I love how it works well on slower either walking/jogging to medium biking speeds, to race car speeds all without a hitch.

The only thing I noticed on the roads is when like you bank a corner at like 50 and then late pull it up in google earth it looks like I took the corner WAY wider than the road and was in the trees which I obviously was not. Not sure if thats just a limitation of the device or what.

Does anyone know of a good software to analyze your tracks? I want to be able to see my speed at any given point, elevation and all that goodness, basically what bbtracker does, but on a pc and on the map.... I dont see anything like this in google maps...

Last edited by tazeat; 03-18-2008 at 05:01 AM..
Old 03-18-2008, 07:15 AM   #333
saua
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazeat View Post
Does anyone know of a good software to analyze your tracks? I want to be able to see my speed at any given point, elevation and all that goodness, basically what bbtracker does, but on a pc and on the map.... I dont see anything like this in google maps...
I know of GPS-Track-Analyse.NET. Unfortunately it's not open source software (but it is free of cost) and as far as I know it's available in German only.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #334
Casebrius

Carrier: ATT

Is it possible to mark waypoints and have your phone alert you when you are near them? I would like to mark points for all the traffic camera speeding guns around town to ensure I don't get another ticket.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:25 PM   #335
markvibari

Model: 8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdajunkee View Post
And then found I could replay the track in Google Earth.
Can I ask how you did this? When I load a track into Google Earth, all I have the path and a summary (Total Distance, Total Time, Max Speed, Max Elevation & Min Elevation).
Old 03-19-2008, 08:22 AM   #336
markvibari

Quote:
Originally Posted by markvibari View Post
Can I ask how you did this? When I load a track into Google Earth, all I have the path and a summary (Total Distance, Total Time, Max Speed, Max Elevation & Min Elevation).

Nevermind. I just imported the GPX file, rather than the KML file, and was able to replay my track.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #337
markvibari

FYI - I also just found that the open source program GPSBabel can convert GPX files to various other types, including KML. When GPX files are converted to KML using GPSBabel first, and then opened with Google Earth, all the data from the track is displayed including both the path and the track points (including their associated data).
Old 03-20-2008, 01:06 AM   #338
tazeat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by markvibari View Post
FYI - I also just found that the open source program GPSBabel can convert GPX files to various other types, including KML. When GPX files are converted to KML using GPSBabel first, and then opened with Google Earth, all the data from the track is displayed including both the path and the track points (including their associated data).
VERY useful, this is much more how I expected the route to look in google earth thanks

Oh and ya that German software only works for Germany... and its only in German :(
Old 03-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #339
ArmyGeorge
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 24546662

I created a simple site to test this very promising little app. If this works the way I hope it will work, this'll be the best application so far!

My Blackberry 8310 Location (Pennsylvania)
--Garmin GPS, returned, got BBTracker
--Dalwhinnie Single Malt
Old 04-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #340
Nedster

Carrier: Optus

Hi there,
I had to add my thanks for this great program. I use it mt biking where there often arent any visible tracks using Google earth, and it shows my wife and riding buddies where to head next time. Because of that i am frustrated that like mikjht above I stupidly put a ? into the file name to indicate my track may not be real and while bbtracker is happy and recorded the track, it cant export it. I tried editing the name and while the SD card shows the amended name, bbtracker still maintains the original one. Has anyone found a way of editing the file to get this file out of BB?

cheers
Nedster
Closed Thread