Old 03-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
TotalTech
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 304D3782
Carrier: Verizon
Default Calendar and iCal

Please Login to Remove!

I've tried with both Missing Sync and with pocketsync.
I have a Calendar that is just birthdays, when I sync this calendar the dates on my BB come up different

Say a birthday is 3/7 and shows as an all day event. On my BB they transfer over as 3/6 11:00pm to 3/7 11:00pm. So the birthday actually shows on the 6th and not the 7th like it should. Has anyone else seen this issue.

As a note all my birthday entries and anniversay entries are pushed from my address book on my Mac.

thanks
Old 03-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
afterhours
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 812-
PIN: N/A
Carrier: SunCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalTech View Post
I've tried with both Missing Sync and with pocketsync.
I have a Calendar that is just birthdays, when I sync this calendar the dates on my BB come up different

Say a birthday is 3/7 and shows as an all day event. On my BB they transfer over as 3/6 11:00pm to 3/7 11:00pm. So the birthday actually shows on the 6th and not the 7th like it should. Has anyone else seen this issue.

As a note all my birthday entries and anniversay entries are pushed from my address book on my Mac.

thanks
Known problem -- has to do with daylight savings time mismatch, I believe. Are all birthdays doing this, or only ones in the spring/fall where dst exists? I think you need to write RIM about this issue.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
TotalTech
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 304D3782
Carrier: Verizon

I've applied the hot fix and it still has effected several but not all of the birthday's. It's weird, in march I have 5 birthdays. Of the 5 only 2 of them synced like that. So I've just accepted that I have to go and fix those few. Trying to get an answer out of Markspace is near impossible and they want me to hand input all of my dates again. And that's not a fix in my opinion.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
afterhours
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 812-
PIN: N/A
Carrier: SunCom
Default barking up the wrong tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalTech View Post
I've applied the hot fix and it still has effected several but not all of the birthday's. It's weird, in march I have 5 birthdays. Of the 5 only 2 of them synced like that. So I've just accepted that I have to go and fix those few. Trying to get an answer out of Markspace is near impossible and they want me to hand input all of my dates again. And that's not a fix in my opinion.
Let me guess -- your dates that work properly are in early March but after 3/8 things get wacky until the first Sunday in April?

The Navy are one of the official keepers of time. Here's some data that you can plug in and see if there's a scientific reason for your headache:

Daylight Time

You should be b1tchin' to RIM, not M/S. The hotfix doesn't fix this DST issue. The problem is likely in the RIM OS. You've applied all of your system updates on your Mac so that it is current? (Apple never fixed 10.2.x for the DST bull from Bush/Congress -- only 10.3.9 up). Your iCal doesn't do the weirdness? You sync and M/S is working properly? Then who do you think is to blame

Complain to RIM. Seriously. Loudly. They need to get the OS better-tuned than this on so many fronts -- DST, bluetooth functionality/syncing, yada yada -- the list goes on.

Last edited by afterhours; 03-24-2008 at 03:59 PM..
Closed Thread