BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 12:00 AM   #1
n1kon

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile
Unhappy I Have A Problem!!!! Help

Please Login to Remove!

I woke up today and noticed that my blackberry would turn on but none of the buttons worked!!!! ahhh iunno what to do.... the scrollwheel works...but i cant "click" or none of the other buttons actually works....i took out the ball and put it back in and restarted it many times and no luck...i dont know what could of caused this any suggestions!!! :(...as soon as it turns off because i had it to turn off the screen after 10 seconds it wont come back up because none of the buttons work not the side or top mute one or any other....help?!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:10 AM   #2
markhutchison
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Wirelessly posted (8130, Bell Mobility: BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

Have you tried removing the battery for 30 seconds and then reinserting it?

If a battery pull doesn't work then it's pretty well broken. If it's still under warranty you may be able to get it exchanged at no cost.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
n1kon

Angry *****!!!!

****!!!! this sucks :(
Old 03-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
mmohn01
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Sounds like you're up an unsanitary tributary without means of transportation my friend. Been there. I hope you either have insurance or a warranty to fall back on.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

it does sound like the device has been liquid damaged or dropped severely for this to happen. did either of those happen? take the back off and look at the battery and the indicator under the battery, do they look red/pink?
Old 03-23-2008, 10:31 PM   #6
n1kon

Thumbs down

yup t-mobile support made me do the liquid mark check and nope it is not red its white...and no i did not drop the phone on that day or any day they said my warranty was in january so im out of luck on that and i do pay insurance but they said i have to pay $110 dllrs to get my phone replaced so i wont be having a phone for a while :(
Old 03-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #7
jerseykat1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: sprint

that sucks t-mobile is jerking you. sprint doesnt charge for replacements that are covered by insurance (so they say). you can always sell it on ebay even a broke pearl should fetch you a few dollars maybe enough to pay for your insurance. but i have never had to file a claim my treo never broke and the pearl is new. so knock on wood.
good luck.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #8
Konanut

Model: 8830
Carrier: Alltel

Sprint will ask you for defective phone back due to it will usually have to be sent out and remanufactured.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #9
plasticities
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: t-mobile

wow did they specify why you had to pay even though you are paying for the insurance every month? because i'm only paying for the insurance now so i WON'T be stuck in that situation
Old 03-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #10
hannahhollybrooke

Carrier: AT&T
Angry This is sooo frustrating!

I am soo glad that someone else is going through the same thing. My phone...for no reason...just decided to go berzerk today. I can push buttons, but nothing happens...I took the battery out and put it back in and the screen came on, but only the scroll would work and when I click it...nothing. It lights up when I get calls, but I can't answer them! I haven't dropped it or spilled anything on or around it...It was working fine this morning and out of nowhere..bam! I've only had it a few weeks...this is crazy!
Old 04-06-2008, 02:04 AM   #11
n1kon

Thumbs down

WOW that sucks dude but thats exactly what happened to me :( i still havent been able to get it to work...and the insurance says i have to pay that ammount as a deductible :( theres no other way around thats why im canceling my insurance you think after all this time instead of paying 5 dllrs a month i had saved that money i would prolly be able to buy a phone now :(
Old 04-06-2008, 02:14 AM   #12
NickfromIL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon

That is unfortunate, with Verizon I only had to pay $50, and it wasn't a refurb.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:59 AM   #13
Walt
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

I have Sprint and when my BB stopped working they took the old one and gave me a new one as simple as that. I didn't have to pay a dime. I don't have the insurance. I have the protection plan. I think I pay about $3.00 per month for it. I wouldn't have a BB or any expensive phone without it.
Closed Thread