rjk0824
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default NEED HELP ASAP - Trackball not working

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all:

My trackball just stopped working and I need to navigate around my menu screens without using the trackball. In matter of fact I had to use my PC in order to write this email because I could not pull up my emails. Is there a procedure for the pearl in which I can use the keyboard to navigate ???

I have already put a call into AT&T and will get a replacement under warranty but I need to get around until then ie... Need to use GPS etc...

Thank you
Old 04-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjk0824 View Post
Hello all:

My trackball just stopped working and I need to navigate around my menu screens without using the trackball. In matter of fact I had to use my PC in order to write this email because I could not pull up my emails. Is there a procedure for the pearl in which I can use the keyboard to navigate ???

I have already put a call into AT&T and will get a replacement under warranty but I need to get around until then ie... Need to use GPS etc...

Thank you
Have your tried a battery pull?

Next, lock your keyboard and then press the ball down and while it is still depressed roll it in several different directions with some force. This usually dislodged the debris and allows it to function again. If you keep it in your pocket it's highly likely the cause.

Good Luck and let me know!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 04-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
rjk0824
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Have your tried a battery pull?

Next, lock your keyboard and then press the ball down and while it is still depressed roll it in several different directions with some force. This usually dislodged the debris and allows it to function again. If you keep it in your pocket it's highly likely the cause.

Good Luck and let me know!

E-

Thanks E

I have tried the battery pull.
I have tried what you mentioned it did not work.
My trackball seems to work in the up and side direction not down.

Cannot navigate through the menus and screens, need directions to navigate with keyboard.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #4
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjk0824 View Post
Thanks E

I have tried the battery pull.
I have tried what you mentioned it did not work.
My trackball seems to work in the up and side direction not down.

Cannot navigate through the menus and screens, need directions to navigate with keyboard.

Thanks
Don't give up on it just yet. If it is responding in some directions there is likely just junk in there. Lock the keyboard again. Press the ball down and while it's down roll it in the opposite direction that it will not work. Do this several times. I would be very surprised if it didn't start working. Use a little force, you won't break it!

Good Luck!

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 04-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #5
rjk0824
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Don't give up on it just yet. If it is responding in some directions there is likely just junk in there. Lock the keyboard again. Press the ball down and while it's down roll it in the opposite direction that it will not work. Do this several times. I would be very surprised if it didn't start working. Use a little force, you won't break it!

Good Luck!
Still no luck, thanks
Old 04-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
mattpsu03

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cellular One

Mine did the same thing and I just had to clean the rollers underneath the trackball. All you need to do is pry off the silver ring and then take out the trackball mechanism and clean the rollers on the bottom with alcohol and a Q-tip. It's very easy to do and worked quite well for me.
Closed Thread