BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #121
alokp

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I think i've found a new bug in 4.5.0.18. I have a 2GB card, and the first time I loaded it up with MP3's, the media player found them, and generated a songlist automatically. Now, I have more than 2GB's of songs, so a few days later, I loaded a completely new set of MP3's on my SD card. It seems that the media player is unable to update its songlist with the new set of MP3's. I can go into the explore menu, and tell it to play all, and it plays the tunes on the card. However, the songlist (which is the only way to search by artist, album, genre etc) remains stubbornly unchanged (with the old song list). It shows a scanning status bar at the bottom of the screen, but the scan never goes anywhere.
I've tried a battery pull, turning media card support on and off. Formatting the card and reloading a new MP3 set, but with no success. Anybody else see this issue and/or have any ideas about how I could force it to successfully rescan for the new MP3 list?? Thanks.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #122
djxedxd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: bic,no ball point,wait its blue
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokp View Post
I think i've found a new bug in 4.5.0.18. I have a 2GB card, and the first time I loaded it up with MP3's, the media player found them, and generated a songlist automatically. Now, I have more than 2GB's of songs, so a few days later, I loaded a completely new set of MP3's on my SD card. It seems that the media player is unable to update its songlist with the new set of MP3's. I can go into the explore menu, and tell it to play all, and it plays the tunes on the card. However, the songlist (which is the only way to search by artist, album, genre etc) remains stubbornly unchanged (with the old song list). It shows a scanning status bar at the bottom of the screen, but the scan never goes anywhere.
I've tried a battery pull, turning media card support on and off. Formatting the card and reloading a new MP3 set, but with no success. Anybody else see this issue and/or have any ideas about how I could force it to successfully rescan for the new MP3 list?? Thanks.
funny you mention that my scan bar has been stuck since yesterday and when i loaded another song on it i had to explore to find it too .I didnt think much of it cause i just got this working yesterday thought i did something wrong lmao.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #123
bumpert

Model: pearl
Carrier: rogers

Got the same problem for the light (don't care for the moment, i'm having the flashing green light or blue light that fix the problem... could live with it, cause now my 8gb is detected and my stereo bluetooth is working too) and the mp3 list....

Is there a way to make the list of mp3, cause mine didn't work for the beginning, so I can only play music with explore the media card!

Thx
Old 04-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #124
bumpert

Ok, I found a solution for the problem of the scan bar for music... you need to do a soft reset... Not a reset by removing your battery, but a reset like you do when you uninstall a software. After the reboot the scan seems to be good (worked for me 3-4 times...). If you don't able to reset, use software like SoftReset.

Btw, is it me or the phone seems to be slower with 4.5? And more slower when you listen music with bluetooth stereo headset?

Thx
Old 04-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #125
Elijah86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile

I would like to know if you can transfer files between pearls or other devices larger than 2mbs with bluetooth?
Old 04-25-2008, 09:16 AM   #126
bumpert

Maybe you're in the wrong thread if it's not a question specific with the 4.5 beta os...

By the way, I have another problem. I know it's a beta, but it's the place to discuss it

I'm not able to modify a appointment into the calendar. I can only add or delete one... Anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #127
havegoodday

Carrier: Vodafone

testing the OS4.5. it is better than OS4.3. more stable.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #128
chrapojr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

Have the same Media scanning problem. Haven't been able to fix it with any type of reset. The softreset app doesn't work properly under 4.5
Old 04-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #129
BBpearlgrl74

Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm just hoping they release the 4.5 OS to the population soon. I'm too much of a coward to try the beta version.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #130
7100simpleisbetter

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapojr View Post
Have the same Media scanning problem. Haven't been able to fix it with any type of reset. The softreset app doesn't work properly under 4.5

2 notes based on your post.

1. If you have not done so after upgrading from 4.2.x to 4.5, try backing up all of your data on your micoSD card and format your card in the BlackBerry with 4.5 installed. I found that in 4.3 I had a huge media scanning issue and it was greatly improved after formatting and reloading the data. Make sure you don't reload any of the .dat files though as they may recreate the problem. Since I have upgraded to 4.5.0.18, I have found that scanning is about 10 times quicker than 4.3.0.14 and the only time that I have scanning issues if I get a Reset Error like 523 which forces a reset and then I have to do a softreset (see below) to get it to scan properly again. This might help you as well.

2. SoftReset does work if you can change default application permissions. Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications. Click the Menu button and select "Edit Default Permissions" and set everything to "Allow" and save the settings. If it requests a reboot, allow it to reboot. Then try SoftReset and voila it should be working!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #131
chrapojr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks. Your info on softreset made that application now work. Once I did it, the scanning problem went away too.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #132
bumpert

The red light problem is solved into version 4.5.0.18.

And for the calendar issue, you need to delete all CICAL service book (thx 7100simpleisbetter)
Old 04-27-2008, 07:39 PM   #133
stlouie65
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 24B568BF

I have 4.5.0.18 installed and the red light problem is still present. Any other solutions?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #134
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I've heard of this led issue but only when ColorPearl is left installed. Have you tried uninstalling ColorPearl, if installed?
Old 04-28-2008, 01:40 AM   #135
binujohn

I had the same LED problem. uninstalling ColorPearl helped. thx john.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:48 AM   #136
oiink

PIN: Lost
Carrier: WIND Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by havegoodday View Post
testing the OS4.5. it is better than OS4.3. more stable.
Ciao!

I put the 4.5.0.18 in my pearl 8100...the new OS brings up some new interesting features and, overall, it seems to be better. But...i went back to my 4.2 because the pearl was rebooting (self reset) quite every 5 minutes...

I did not install any third parti application.

Anyone with the same problem?

I belive when the final release will be out it will be a nice improvement.

Ciao,
Alex
Old 04-30-2008, 06:03 AM   #137
Sci-Tek

Model: 8000
Carrier: TDC

waiting for 4.5 myself, havent been so active in the BB community latley, mainly because of work.. but hope to do some catchup. Did however have a tiny hope about 4.5 release when I visited for the first time in some weeks.. :P

Sci-Tek

Only dead fish follow the stream
Old 04-30-2008, 06:13 AM   #138
The BlackBerry Kid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: it is under my battery, and status page

that is pretty cool
my dad's AT&T CrackBerry 8820 has a media center like that
Old 04-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #139
oiink

PIN: Lost
Carrier: WIND Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiink View Post
Ciao!

I put the 4.5.0.18 in my pearl 8100...the new OS brings up some new interesting features and, overall, it seems to be better. But...i went back to my 4.2 because the pearl was rebooting (self reset) quite every 5 minutes...

I did not install any third parti application.

Anyone with the same problem?

I belive when the final release will be out it will be a nice improvement.

Ciao,
Alex
I gave it another chance and now works fine...no reset or other main issues. It's about 2 hours all works smmoth. I did the install in this way:

wiped out the pearl using JL Comander
took out sim card and memory card
instaled new os
format memory card inside the phone
loaded third party software like jiivetalk, autolock, softreset, mobile file manager, fx converter and google maps.

All working for now....

Ciao,
Alex
Old 04-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #140
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

What fixed the issue was removing the memory card and then reformatting it in 4.5. The formatting from 4.2 doesn't seem to work well in 4.5.
Closed Thread