Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
northgull
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T Mobility
Default eOffice on a BlackBerry 8310 Curve

Please Login to Remove!

I am very frustrated with the eOffice product and have spent much more time trying to use it than is justifiable.

It was successfully downloaded on both my desktop and my BlackBerry Curve 8310. It was also successfully registered with DynoPlex. I've been trying for hours to figure out how to export a speadsheet and a doc file to my BlackBerry with absolutely no success.

After using a Palm Treo 650 for several years and using the DataViz product "Documents-to-Go," I was used to being able to easy transfer files from my desktop to the Palm unit. The "eOffice" product seems like an impossible system to effect the same thing. Frankly, I'm sorry I bought it.

I also called DynoPlex tech-support for help and was on hold quite a long time with no response. I finally left a voice mail requesting a call-back for assistance. That was 1 1/2 hrs. ago and still no response.

I can't wait for the new DataViz Documents to Go to be released for the BlackBerry!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
csquare
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

I, unfortunately am having the same problem as I bought this software to be able to view and send the 100's of pdf files I have on my SD card!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
Nickster248
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: 2333C6FD
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquare View Post
I, unfortunately am having the same problem as I bought this software to be able to view and send the 100's of pdf files I have on my SD card!
I too have had terrible experiences with trial versions of eOffice, so I learned early on not to purchase the Suite. I am going to wait it out until DTG is released for BIS, which I believe is when the OS will be upgraded to 4.5. For now, I am still packing my Palm TX with DTG on it and it's a real pleasure to use.

BB PIN: 2333C6FD on a Torch 9800
Old 04-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
dshipmon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 20DC9BDA
Carrier: AT&T

I purchased eoffice and then upgraded to eoffice native. I don't have any problems. You can always go to Dynoplex web site and go to support and type in your phone number for them to call you. Your phone will right instantly and they can help you with any problems.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
csquare
Thumbs Must Hurt

dship,
Are you able to see pdf files on your SD card without conversion using efile desktop?
Old 04-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #6
dshipmon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
dship,
Are you able to see pdf files on your SD card without conversion using efile desktop?
Have not explored the PDF files, but spreadsheets and doc is not a problem, especially with the native eoffice. I will test out the PDF files (when I email one to me) to see if it works o.k.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
dshipmon
Thumbs Must Hurt

I emailed a pdf file to my blackberry, saved it on my SD card, went to efile, and pulled with up with no problem. Not sure if this is what you are asking ,but it works fine for me.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #8
csquare
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have not tried emailing a pdf to myself as I have literally hundreds of them that I would have to email. I transfered my files to my SD card via desktop manager and that is where I am at now. It would not be very efficient for me to have to email all of them to myself just so I could read them..... I was just wondering how you got your files to your SD card.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #9
dshipmon
Thumbs Must Hurt

You can get the adapter that came with you SD card (so it will fit in a card reader), take your SD card out of your phone and transfer them that way from your computer to the card reader. I did this when I put songs on my SD card and I'm sure files will work the same way. Just create a file call PDF and send them over to the SD card in the card reader.

If you don't have the adapter you can purchase one.

You can also use Blackberry Desktop manager (media manager) to put files on your card.

Last edited by dshipmon; 04-29-2008 at 01:42 PM..
Old 04-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #10
csquare
Thumbs Must Hurt

I've already done that. I already have the files on my SD card. Can you try transferring a pdf file to your SD card and seeing if you can read it afterwards. If you can, I am obivously doing something wrong.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #11
dshipmon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I've already done that. I already have the files on my SD card. Can you try transferring a pdf file to your SD card and seeing if you can read it afterwards. If you can, I am obivously doing something wrong.
Yes, I did that and I can read it. Call the Support number from Dynoplex site and put in a number for them to call you on (other than your blackberry) and they will call you within 5 seconds and I'm sure they will be a big help.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #12
csquare
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks guy! I appreciate it
Old 04-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #13
csquare
Thumbs Must Hurt

I jsut tried it again and still the same thing...
Old 05-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #14
northgull

Default DynoPlex Support is a joke!

I still have not received any serious response from DynoPlex Support to my request for help.

On May 2nd. I received an email from DynoPlex Support with an attachment, which was a video joke of the USS Montana broadcasting with a lighthouse somewhere in the Irish Sea. Funny, but in no way a response to my request for help.

I can only conclude DynoPlex has no interest in supporting what it sells.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #15
lawizard

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular - the new AT&T
Cool eOffice is a memory hog

Another problem with eOffice is that it is a memory hog. It takes up an amazing amount of room on your BB cutting down on adding other applications you might like to install and use. The number of modules necessary for eOffice is amazing. I want to see what documents to go looks like on the BB before I pass judgment. I have used dtg on other devices and liked it a lot but the bb is a different kettle of fish so to speak.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #16
csquare
Thumbs Must Hurt

northgull,
Same here so I feel your pain! I have not received a response at all to my emails sent to them so I think it is time for me to ask for a refund and go with Beamberry instead!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #17
northgull

After numerous emails, their CS dept. finally got in touch. They had never sent me a password email for using their system.. part of the regular protocol. And, they walked me through getting device software installed on my unit in the BB Desktop program.

For the moment, the program is now able to transfer doc/xl files to/from desktop to the BB. I now still need to figure out their program, which seems far more complex than I bargined for. Can't wait for DataViz' Documents to Go for the BlackBerry to be released.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #18
lamonicaj
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by northgull View Post
I am very frustrated with the eOffice product and have spent much more time trying to use it than is justifiable.

It was successfully downloaded on both my desktop and my BlackBerry Curve 8310. It was also successfully registered with DynoPlex. I've been trying for hours to figure out how to export a speadsheet and a doc file to my BlackBerry with absolutely no success.

After using a Palm Treo 650 for several years and using the DataViz product "Documents-to-Go," I was used to being able to easy transfer files from my desktop to the Palm unit. The "eOffice" product seems like an impossible system to effect the same thing. Frankly, I'm sorry I bought it.

I also called DynoPlex tech-support for help and was on hold quite a long time with no response. I finally left a voice mail requesting a call-back for assistance. That was 1 1/2 hrs. ago and still no response.

I can't wait for the new DataViz Documents to Go to be released for the BlackBerry!

I'm sure you have already, but if not, sign up to be notified as soon as it's available.
Documents To Go for BlackBerry: Word, Excel & PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone
I'm going to sign up, because once the 8330 Curve is available for Sprint, I will be upgrading from my Treo....so, this is a must have application.

Last edited by lamonicaj; 05-06-2008 at 10:19 AM..
Closed Thread