BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
housej55
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Anyone sync 8830 with Car Stereo via Bluetooth?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,
I was just looking at checking to see if anyone is currently syncing their 8830 to the car stereo system that has bluetooth on it? If so, can you post your experience so far? Since the 8830 supports A2DP, is anyone playing music over their stereo through bluetooth? I currenlty have a new 9883 Alpine head unit and am thinking about purchasing the bluetooth module that plugs (alpine's of course) in to the back.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

housej55
Old 12-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
dangeris

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by housej55 View Post
Hello,
I was just looking at checking to see if anyone is currently syncing their 8830 to the car stereo system that has bluetooth on it? If so, can you post your experience so far? Since the 8830 supports A2DP, is anyone playing music over their stereo through bluetooth? I currenlty have a new 9883 Alpine head unit and am thinking about purchasing the bluetooth module that plugs (alpine's of course) in to the back.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

housej55
I just got the 8830 and it sync'd to my stock Bose stereo in my 08 Nissan Altima Coupe. No probs at all. One thing to note though is when you establish the pairing on the two devices, by default the connection is set to "ask". I went in to the bluetooth option of the phone & told it to always trust it. Now whenever I enter the car, the bluetooth connects auto-magically. As for music..why would you want to stream music from the phone to the bluetooth? Get satellite radio or an iPod. Much better results!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #3
housej55
Thumbs Must Hurt

Is it better? Can you load mp3's on to the sirius receiver? Can you test the music streaming with your setup? I would imagine the bose setup may support a2dp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeris View Post
I just got the 8830 and it sync'd to my stock Bose stereo in my 08 Nissan Altima Coupe. No probs at all. One thing to note though is when you establish the pairing on the two devices, by default the connection is set to "ask". I went in to the bluetooth option of the phone & told it to always trust it. Now whenever I enter the car, the bluetooth connects auto-magically. As for music..why would you want to stream music from the phone to the bluetooth? Get satellite radio or an iPod. Much better results!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
dangeris

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by housej55 View Post
Is it better? Can you load mp3's on to the sirius receiver? Can you test the music streaming with your setup? I would imagine the bose setup may support a2dp.
Well, I have never streamed music to my car stereo with my BB but my buddy has with his phone but I think his is some flip phone by Samsung. As far as uploading mp3's to a satellite receiver, I don't think you can do that. It only receives signal form the Sirius Satellite, not from a phone.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
housej55
Thumbs Must Hurt

Exactly,

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeris View Post
Well, I have never streamed music to my car stereo with my BB but my buddy has with his phone but I think his is some flip phone by Samsung. As far as uploading mp3's to a satellite receiver, I don't think you can do that. It only receives signal form the Sirius Satellite, not from a phone.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
armandgjr

Model: 8100
Carrier: Telcel

I cant get my alpine head unit downloads the adress book from my BB 8310, has anyone done it?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #7
housej55
Thumbs Must Hurt

Are you able to stream audio through your car stereo?
Are you using the Alpine bluetooth adapter? If so, go to alpine-usa.com and look for that bluetooth adapter. They have a bluetooth compatability chart and I don't think the address book is a supported option.
Closed Thread