Old 08-28-2005, 03:18 PM   #1
JMF0
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO
Default Need Help - JVM Error + OS Upload Not Working

Please Login to Remove!

Guys I need your help!

I recently received the dreaded JVM 529? error and am trying to reinstall the OS. I tried from the Desktop Manager and I can get it to read the handheld then I went into advanced and selected delete all apps and data. Trouble is the DM is hanging on the next screen where is says App Load Wizrd: Connect to your handheld....the handheld just has the spinning hour glass and the progress bar is stuck and seems to not be able to connect to the handheld....I saw where you can download the JavaLoader application and use it but I am not a DOS guy so I have struggled getting that to work as well - the javaloader -usb wipe command gives me an error....see attached....

Can please help me?? I think I need to use the JavaLoader application but I do not know how to and I cannot find any documentation....

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

THANKS!
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	javaloadererror.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	339  
Old 08-28-2005, 03:29 PM   #2
JMF0
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok - This is what I am seeing in JavaLoader once I got it to work....see atatched...

Same type of issue I got with the Desktop Manager....seems it cannot connect to the device.....

The JVM error I had would not let me reboot the handheld to a stable state it just would always come back to the JVM error screen so I just connected it to my USB cable by inserting the battery and plugging it in at the same time...the app loader was able to connect but these subsequent attempts seem not to be able to ...

THX
jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	javaloaderconnecting.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	340  
Old 08-28-2005, 03:38 PM   #3
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

the first errors are due to your spacing the application name, hence running java.exe against another application called loader.exe. since java.exe is in your defined system path variable, its attempting to call a file that does not exist.

as for the JVM error, i'd say to give it a bit and see if you can connect via Application Loader and then select to Erase all applications (in Advanced). it should be able to connect to the handheld with that error, if i'm not mistaken.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:11 PM   #4
JMF0
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok I tried that and it came back with a JVM Error 531. Tried to connect again and can via App Loader but when I try to uninstall the applications under Advanced the Desktop manager tries to reconnect with the device and just hangs at the "connect ot device" stage....Any ideas on how to "reflash" this device?
Old 08-29-2005, 02:03 PM   #5
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...?nodeid=703249