Old 05-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
ftmkx

Model: -
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default 8330 Curve on Sprint with unlimited Vision Pack

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I'm planning to get a curve on my Sprint account. I have an unlimited Sprint Vision Pack with unlimited Sprint TV, Web, etc. In addition I have EVDO Casual add-on on my phone as well.

I was wondering if I can use a Curve in conjunction with the unlimited Vision/EVDO I have... I'm pretty sure that there will be some limitations to this, like BBMessenger, BBWeather, etc.

Do I need to get a unlimited data plan from Sprint for the BB?

If no, what other limitations might I face?

Thanks a lot!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
9thfloormaniac
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: 30CB26D1

Yes you will need a bb plan.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:22 AM   #3
William.H.Holla

Model: 8330
Carrier: SPRINT SPEED

no you dont need a blackberry plan, you can still phone and text, you will have to use a 3rd party application like opera mini for internet cause BB internet browser wont get pushed to you, you wont be able to use email and blackberry messenger. you wont be able to download programs or files OTA, only through desktop manager.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:30 AM   #4
fizz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftmkx View Post
Hello,

I'm planning to get a curve on my Sprint account. I have an unlimited Sprint Vision Pack with unlimited Sprint TV, Web, etc. In addition I have EVDO Casual add-on on my phone as well.

I was wondering if I can use a Curve in conjunction with the unlimited Vision/EVDO I have... I'm pretty sure that there will be some limitations to this, like BBMessenger, BBWeather, etc.

Do I need to get a unlimited data plan from Sprint for the BB?

If no, what other limitations might I face?

Thanks a lot!
While you probably won't see it on Sprint's site as an available plan, they do have a Vision plan for Blackberries for $30 p/month. It includes unlimited email, web browsing, texts and includes Sprint TV (except premium channels) and Telenav (GPS navigation). I know because I have this and have had it for 2 months after my friend told me about it. The regular unlimited blackberry plan is i believe $40-50 p/month and does not have unlmited text, navigation, but does have unlimited phone as modem.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
elisabeth4583

PIN: 3117cbc2
Carrier: sprint

I have the Sprint "simply everything" plan. This is my second billing cycle and my bill is $119.00. I use the Sprint tv, navigation, everything and have no additional usage charges. IMO it's the best plan Sprint offers.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:27 PM   #6
Smokey Joe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 308547B0
Carrier: Verizon

I have the same "everything" plan as Elisabeth and it does it all! For the equivelant on AT&T or Verizon I believe you would pay about $150. Only downside is NO MMS!! But, overall, best bang for your buck in my opinion.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
joeygator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I have the same "everything" plan as Elisabeth and it does it all! For the equivelant on AT&T or Verizon I believe you would pay about $150. Only downside is NO MMS!! But, overall, best bang for your buck in my opinion.
To add BES it is an extra $20. I agree, MMS is somewhat of an issue. My problem is that I can't get a straight answer from them about tethering. If I could tether for $100 or $120 I would be saving $35 to $55 per month. That would be a good change in my opinion!

I have spoken with no less than 8 sales and/or managers at Sprint and get a different answer every time.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #8
9thfloormaniac

PIN: 30CB26D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizz View Post
While you probably won't see it on Sprint's site as an available plan, they do have a Vision plan for Blackberries for $30 p/month. It includes unlimited email, web browsing, texts and includes Sprint TV (except premium channels) and Telenav (GPS navigation). I know because I have this and have had it for 2 months after my friend told me about it. The regular unlimited blackberry plan is i believe $40-50 p/month and does not have unlmited text, navigation, but does have unlimited phone as modem.
That's what i have, but a regular vision plan that you would use on a Treo will not work with Blackberries. I think that's what the OP was asking.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
surfgal

I was able to keep my SERO Plan with vision plan and everything works find. I got a sprintblackberry email address, internet access, navigation, text, etc......

Now if Sprint will just work on the MMS, I'll be even more of a happy camper.

Last edited by surfgal; 06-02-2008 at 01:12 PM..
Old 06-02-2008, 11:36 PM   #10
marlopez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgal View Post
I was able to keep my SERO Plan with vision plan and everything works find. I got a sprintblackberry email address, internet access, navigation, text, etc......
I have the SERO plan as well and plan on getting this phone. How do you install Opera on the phone without a usable browser?

also, how do you access email? via the browser?
Old 06-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #11
joeygator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlopez View Post
I have the SERO plan as well and plan on getting this phone. How do you install Opera on the phone without a usable browser?

I don't know about the SERO plan, but for $99 you get all but BES and PAM with Sprint. I just wish I could get PAM!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:51 AM   #12
chnky18

Model: 8830

Quote:

just go to opera.com and download the browser then move onto phone with bb desktop manager. then you can get the gmail app for email if you have gmail and move it over with desktop manager. if you dont have gmail then just bookmark your email in opera mini and you can check your email that way.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #13
surfgal

Quote:

Hi there, Sorry it took me so long to get back. I am not really knowledgable about opera or other browsers....but I just go to the bb browser and click on get link and type in whatever url I want to go to (ie. Yahoo!). I am sorry if this sounds so generic but works great for me.

Also, I was given a blackberry email address by the sprint blackberry tech man. When I called him and asked him if I had to buy the bb plan after having a SERO plan he said no and was kind enough to set it up for me without having to buy the BB plan. He said he didnt feel I had to buy it when SERO plan came with vision plan, etc.

I don't know if it's something Sprint does for all but maybe I was a lucky one....I don't know...but I got my sprint bill and nothing was effective....so good thus far.

Last edited by surfgal; 06-04-2008 at 10:27 AM..
Old 06-04-2008, 10:31 AM   #14
marlopez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgal View Post
Hi there, Sorry it took me so long to get back. I am not really knowledgable about opera or other browsers....but I just go to the bb browser and click on get link and type in whatever url I want to go to (ie. Yahoo!).
so the blackberry browser will still work without BIS?

so what features would not work without a blackberry plan? i can only think of BB Messenger and pushing emails.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #15
nbennettksu

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth4583 View Post
I have the Sprint "simply everything" plan. This is my second billing cycle and my bill is $119.00. I use the Sprint tv, navigation, everything and have no additional usage charges. IMO it's the best plan Sprint offers.
I think its the best plan out there for any carrier!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #16
surfgal

Quote:
so the blackberry browser will still work without BIS?

so what features would not work without a blackberry plan? i can only think of BB Messenger and pushing emails.

BB Messengers works for me as well as navigation, texting, the only thing I don't get is Sprint TV which is additional cost. But everything is great....
Old 06-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #17
marlopez
Thumbs Must Hurt

so i just got my 8330 today. bb maps, bb browser, and the sprint on demand stuff isn't on the phone. what does it take to get the internet included in my SERO plan. do i have to upgrade to a vision plan? or can i call sprint to get everything pushed to my phone?
Old 06-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #18
bigdaadio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
PIN: chin pennies
Carrier: sprint
Default tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeygator View Post
T If I could tether for $100 or $120 I would be saving $35 to $55 per month. That would be a good change in my opinion!

I have spoken with no less than 8 sales and/or managers at Sprint and get a different answer every time.
FYI
I was able to get it added to my account and my wifes acct for FREE, ( both have simply everything $99) when I was told it wasnt AVAILABLE.
Got it for a friend of mine for a $15 addon ( the rep I spoke with couldnt add it for free)...
Not sure what gives...
YMMV
Old 06-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #19
marlopez
Thumbs Must Hurt

edit: does anyone have a direct link to download gmail for the 8330 to install through desktop manager? i was already able to find it for google maps.

Thanks

Last edited by marlopez; 06-10-2008 at 12:21 PM..
Old 06-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #20
S2K ON 2

i would recommend trying to tell sprint that you work for a cell phone company other than sprint and see if they have a discount. my coworker got 20% off his monthly bill since we run a metropcs.
Closed Thread