Old 06-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
TruckinwithBBs
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Blackberry Manager on Windows Vista

Please Login to Remove!

I am running BES 4.1.4 on Novell Groupwise platform. I am trying to build myself a test Windows Vista box, as I perform other tasks than Blackberry Admin. Does anyone know of a way to install a remote instance of Blackberry Manager on Windows Vista as you can do on Windows XP SP2? I am able to install Desktop Manager 4.5 (have not tried any previous versions), but RIM tells me they do not support remote Blackberry Manager installs at this time. There has got to be a way to install it.

When I try to install on my Vista box, the install just crashes before it gets going. Any ideas/suggestions/solutions?

Thanks.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:12 PM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckinwithBBs View Post
I am running BES 4.1.4 on Novell Groupwise platform. I am trying to build myself a test Windows Vista box, as I perform other tasks than Blackberry Admin. Does anyone know of a way to install a remote instance of Blackberry Manager on Windows Vista as you can do on Windows XP SP2? I am able to install Desktop Manager 4.5 (have not tried any previous versions), but RIM tells me they do not support remote Blackberry Manager installs at this time. There has got to be a way to install it.

When I try to install on my Vista box, the install just crashes before it gets going. Any ideas/suggestions/solutions?

Thanks.
BlackBerry Manager or Desktop Manager on Vista just don't work right ... I still have problems with 4.5.

Supposedly DM 4.2.2 works on 32/64-bit Vista

The BlackBerry Manager is not supported with 4.1 SP4 or earlier ... but that KB article hasn't been updated since SP5 has been released. I'd venture to say it isn't supported; but who knows ...
Old 06-26-2008, 02:56 AM   #3
DavidAdams
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: NotYe
Carrier: O2

Desktop Manager 4.3.0.17 works fine for me on 32bit Vista Business. It's connected to a 4.2.1.101 8700 if that makes a difference. Also works with a 4.3 Pearl.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:58 AM   #4
TruckinwithBBs

Thanks for the information. I have Desktop Manager working. I am wondering if there is a way to install Blackberry Manager on Vista?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #5
curriertech
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

DM 4.5 works like a charm on Vista SP1. I can't wait till they have a working Blackberry Manager for Vista!
Old 06-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #6
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by curriertech View Post
DM 4.5 works like a charm on Vista SP1. I can't wait till they have a working Blackberry Manager for Vista!
32-bit or 64-bit?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:35 AM   #7
!3unn!3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: 31A318E2
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
32-bit or 64-bit?
I'm running it on my 64-bit Vista Rig.
Name- Mike
Loves BBF!!
Old 06-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #8
TruckinwithBBs

I am running Desktop Manager 4.5 on my 32-bit box. Any idea if Blackberry Manager will run on Vista somehow?
Old 06-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #9
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Since RIM hasn't formally said one way or another why don't you give it a try and let us all know ...
Old 06-26-2008, 09:48 PM   #10
TruckinwithBBs

I have tried with 4.1.4 for Groupwise with no success. Wondering if anyone else has had any success. On Groupwise or others.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:33 AM   #11
singk

Model: 8820
PIN: 2437547A

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckinwithBBs View Post

Thanks.
Per RIM KB13808, I am assuming the the Remote Blackberry Manager will be installing fine on Vista if we have BES version 4.1.6 or newer. I just installed and upgraded to BES 4.1.6 MR2 this weekend. I will try and install the Blackberry Manager on my Vista when I get in the office. I will give everyone an update on Monday evening.

For Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.3.x works fine on Vista. I had been using it since it's released.

Installing BlackBerry Manager on a computer running Windows Vista

Environment
xxx8226; BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software version 4.1 Service Pack 5 (4.1.5) and earlier
xxx8226; Windows Vistaxxx8482;
Old 11-10-2008, 01:31 AM   #12
singk

Model: 8820
PIN: 2437547A

I decided not to wait until I get in the office so I just tried to install (Remote Blackberry Manager) from the version 4.1.6 on my Vista Ultimate laptop. The installation failed. So apparently the BES version 4.1.6 still not support Blackberry Manager on Vista.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #13
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

I would highly advise each of you that cannot install BlackBerry Manager on Vista to contact RIM and report the installation failure. At that time, they will let you know that it's not supported. Instead of allowing them to close your ticket, ask that it either a) be escalated, or b) reported that you want the compatibility. At this point in time, with the web-based administration soon being released in Vista, there are no plans to bring BlackBerry Manager to compatibility with Vista. There has not been enough customer interest to warrant the further development of a compatible software, either... which is where you come in (*hint*).
Closed Thread